SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn_958

Hi,
I would like to buy the pro version but the free version does not work. I does not shows messages long than about 62 characters. I changed permissions with no results:
https://www.coscienzamaschile.com/index.php
Thanks

Steve

I'm not understanding you. Are you wanting to buy the pro version but are afraid to because you're having trouble with the free version?

The pro version (which I have) installs easily and just works. It does all it says it can do. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Finn_958

Indeed. I would buy the pro version if the free one worked

aegersz

After moving to PHP 7.1 on SMF 2.0.18, this is a bug fix in ./Sources/Subs-Shoutbox.php for:

2: strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
/var/www/html/Sources/Subs-Shoutbox.php - Line: 33

find:
// Verify
                if (!in_array(strtolower($action), $actions) && !in_array('everywhere', $actions))
                        return $action;

add before:
                if (is_array($action)) return $action;

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

efk

8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Sources/Subs-Shoutbox.php
Line: 93

92: // we need this be faster...
==>93: if (!empty($_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget']) && $_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget'] > $shoutbox['banUpadte'])
94: return false;

Should it be instead of banUpadte - banUpdate ? I just saw it and that might be the reason for error?

Dzonny

You should probably write in mods support topic regards that, as it's not core SMF feature. :)
But yeah, looks like a typo.

Steve

shadav

not sure which mod this is from but  :laugh: it looks like something I would do  :P
dang dyslexia

Steve

Quote from: Shambles on July 01, 2021, 01:05:15 PMThis topic title could do with some work...  ::)

Merged with mod support topic.

efk

Quote from: efk on July 01, 2021, 05:20:30 AM
8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file

92: // we need this be faster...
==>93: if (!empty($_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget']) && $_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget'] > $shoutbox['banUpadte'])
94: return false;

Should it be instead of banUpadte - banUpdate ? I just saw it and that might be the reason for error?
Ok update is fixed but now there are 2 errors, previous above and new one bellow:

8: Undefined index: banUpdate

Shambles

I don't think it's as easy as just changing "banUpadte" to "banUpdate".

Look inside Shoutbox.php:

// last ban update
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "
UPDATE {db_prefix}shoutbox_settings
SET value = {int:time}
WHERE variable = 'banUpadte'
LIMIT 1",
array(
'time' => time()
)

// last ban update
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "
UPDATE {db_prefix}shoutbox_settings
SET value = '" . time() . "'
WHERE variable = 'banUpadte'
LIMIT 1");

Kindred

lol... in other words, even though it was spelled incorrectly for grammar -- it was consistently used in that spelling as a variable.

Change it back -- otherwise, you'll have to change the DATABASE as well as all instances where the variable is called.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

^ yep, what he said.

I believe the check should be made using "isset" rather than "!empty", for the $_SESSION check, as "isset" checks against null values:

// we need this be faster...
if (isset($_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget']) && $_SESSION['shoutbox_lastget'] > $shoutbox['banUpadte'])
return false;

Zoki1965

The pro version can't be too different to the free version because the permissions are unresponsive.

Zoki1965

Quote from: Finn_958 on April 15, 2021, 08:55:03 AMIndeed. I would buy the pro version if the free one worked

I don't know what the free one's like but the pro version is not up to scratch in my opinion.

Steve

I use the pro version and it does everything I could want it to.

And please do not quote posts from 5 months ago just to express a personal opinion.

Mike66

Quote from: Steve on September 21, 2021, 07:59:41 AMI use the pro version and it does everything I could want it to.

And please do not quote posts from 5 months ago just to express a personal opinion.

Hi Steve

Does this work for private chat between two members?
Like a live PM system?

Cheers
Mike

Steve

Yep, sure does.

Edit: it doesn't have a private chat mode per se ... you just type in @(member's name) and only they can see it and vice versa. Quoting from the SMFPacks page:

QuoteWhisper other users:

In case that you want to whisper other users you can easily do it just using the format: "@NIBOGO: Message". This gives you the option to send private messages to a determinated member of the community to say him something special; however, admins will still be able to see those messages to keep control over everything!

pikeman

Hello, is a modification for 2.1 planned?

Advertisement: