News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaitanfr

Quote from: TDNY on June 02, 2009, 07:24:28 AM
Thanks for the help Shaitanfr, I was able to change [sample] to [more].

Hopefully we can get a fix for the additional smileys that are in popup form. The popup smileys work when my members are making regular posts so I know it's something with this mod..........Have a good day,
TD

Others Issues found:

- Info when you let your cursor on a button appears only with IE.

more problematic:

- IE8  > message don't appears.

TDNY

Quote from: shaitanfr on June 02, 2009, 03:42:19 PM

Others Issues found:

more problematic:

I saw the mouseover problem, I use firefox and get no info but I get it with IE.

If you can't see messages in IE8 you need to click the page compatibility button up top next to the address bar, the button looks like a ripped piece of paper

TDNY

Quote from: DELHI_BOY on June 02, 2009, 03:13:34 PM
I am using smf 2 rc1 with default theme but it failed to install. What to do?

What test failed? you usually are ok with installing the package and then manually edit the folder that failed.
TD

shaitanfr

Quote from: TDNY on June 02, 2009, 04:14:47 PM
Quote from: shaitanfr on June 02, 2009, 03:42:19 PM

Others Issues found:

more problematic:

I saw the mouseover problem, I use firefox and get no info but I get it with IE.

If you can't see messages in IE8 you need to click the page compatibility button up top next to the address bar, the button looks like a ripped piece of paper

Ok, Thank for help TDNY  ;)

Morp

Well I've tried to access the shoutbox by doing this address:
/forum/index.php?action=shoutbox
Then I get this Error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'shoutbox_popup' template.
Back

Any ideas?

TDNY

Quote from: Morp on June 02, 2009, 04:31:50 PM
Well I've tried to access the shoutbox by doing this address:
/forum/index.php?action=shoutbox
Then I get this Error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'shoutbox_popup' template.
Back

Any ideas?

What errors did you get when you installed shoutbox?

If you don't remember try to uninstall and re-install it. when you re-install it if you get any errors or tests failed you need to menually edit those folders. Good luck and remember to make backups for yourself.
TD

JCS

thanks for the help TDNY, makito and I cant replay to the questions because of the college, but Im gonna be able to keep track of the questions soon

so, if anyone has doubts, please be patient

Thanks
JCS
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

TDNY

No worries JCS, I'm glad to help If I can. A lot of folks gave me help when I needed. Good Luck,
TD

DELHI_BOY

I downloaded the this package but when i apply it i got installation error!
There was total 2 errors both in index.Php.
Execute index.Php  failed!`
Replace with...    Failed!
I am using smf 2 rc1 with smf default core theme.

TDNY

Quote from: DELHI_BOY on June 02, 2009, 07:12:46 PM
I downloaded the this package but when i apply it i got installation error!
There was total 2 errors both in index.Php.
Execute index.Php  failed!`
Replace with...    Failed!
I am using smf 2 rc1 with smf default core theme.

You need to check and most likely manually edit the Index.php, do you know how to do that?
TD

Morp

Quote from: TDNY on June 02, 2009, 05:42:25 PM

If you don't remember try to uninstall and re-install it. when you re-install it if you get any errors or tests failed you need to menually edit those folders. Good luck and remember to make backups for yourself.
TD

I didn't get any error while installing the Shoutbox. And that Error only comes when I go to www.mywebsite.com/forum/index.php?action=shoutbox

If I don't go there the shoutbox still won't show and that error maybe tells me why It won't show.

speedyuk7

Been using this shoutbox all the time, really recommended.

TDNY

Quote from: Morp on June 03, 2009, 01:31:18 AM
Quote from: TDNY on June 02, 2009, 05:42:25 PM

TD

I didn't get any error while installing the Shoutbox. And that Error only comes when I go to www.mywebsite.com/forum/index.php?action=shoutbox

If I don't go there the shoutbox still won't show and that error maybe tells me why It won't show.

I get the same error if I try that with my website, I think it means nothing. your shout box is not showing for another reason. In shoutbox admin check to be sure the box that says Disable Shoutbox is not checked. Also go to Admin/Members Permissions and  make sure to check the boxes that say "view shoutbox" and "post message in shoutbox" for regular members.
Hope that's it,
TD

Morp

Quote from: TDNY on June 03, 2009, 07:04:27 AM
I get the same error if I try that with my website, I think it means nothing. your shout box is not showing for another reason. In shoutbox admin check to be sure the box that says Disable Shoutbox is not checked. Also go to Admin/Members Permissions and  make sure to check the boxes that say "view shoutbox" and "post message in shoutbox" for regular members.
Hope that's it,
TD
Now I can see the shoutbox box but nothing in it as you can see in the attachment image.
Theres nothing in it but now I can see the shoutbox Box when I changed permission
Any Idea?

TDNY

Quote from: Morp on June 03, 2009, 07:43:02 AM
Now I can see the shoutbox box but nothing in it as you can see in the attachment image.
Theres nothing in it but now I can see the shoutbox Box when I changed permission
Any Idea?

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, click the page compatibility button up top next to the browser window, the button looks like a ripped piece of paper.

What does your Shoutbox admin page look like? you should have a whole page with settings for font, where to display the box, how big the box is etc.

Morp

Nvm I got it working now.

It was now a language problem.

[SOLVED]

How do I put the Shoutbox at the bottom? Right over "Info Center" With the Forum stats, Users Online etc

TDNY

Quote from: Morp on June 03, 2009, 07:56:01 AM
Nvm I got it working now.

It was now a language problem.

[SOLVED]

Great, just remembered when you posted this now that I told you to check the language files yesterday morning.

Good job getting it running, Good luck,
TD

Morp

Quote from: TDNY on June 03, 2009, 08:03:43 AM
Great, just remembered when you posted this now that I told you to check the language files yesterday morning.

Good job getting it running, Good luck,
TD

Well I checked the language files but still the shoutbox won't show up. But it was a permission problem that's why.

Also How do I put the Shoutbox at the bottom? Above "Info Center" With the Forum stats, Users Online etc

AM Woody3

I'm not a huge fan of how when you click on the smiley's you have to scroll down.  Is there a way to change it to show them smiley's horizontally instead of verticlly?

Morp

Quote from: Morp on June 03, 2009, 08:05:11 AM
Also How do I put the Shoutbox at the bottom? Above "Info Center" With the Forum stats, Users Online etc

Your not able to put the shoutbox at the bottom?

Advertisement: