News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waronyou

this is where my shoutbox is at. whats up with that?
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?action=shoutbox

Im trying to put it in the top panel. Do I use script or phpbox. I tried both in various places. Im obviously reading this wrong.

Do I put one in a template and the other in the tp panel?

alex30

Quote from: waronyou on October 20, 2008, 08:05:50 AM
this is where my shoutbox is at. whats up with that?
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?action=shoutbox

Im trying to put it in the top panel. Do I use script or phpbox. I tried both in various places. Im obviously reading this wrong.

Do I put one in a template and the other in the tp panel?

How did you put "Log in" section aside, on the left side? Is there a mod that does that or you coded? Thanks.

waronyou

aww I thought my help arrived... Its  tinyportal, im trying to insert this damn shoutbox there. 

I disabled the shoutbox so my link takes you to the forum. but when its enabled the shoutbox is in its own screen,...

JCS

I haven't use tiny portal, but let me check and see where the shoutbox string must be to show it with tiny portal, or if it needs additional lines of code
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

SA™

in shoutbox admin you can add it to any page tis how i got it working with tp

look for

Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)

and in the box i have this to show it in arcade and works

boardindex;collapse;forum;arcade
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

ryozo

installed this successfully on 1.1.6 with default theme.
i cab make it appear to the other page by adding -- "pm" , "chat", etc in the admin's 'Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)'.

but i cant make it appear on the forum index itself.
the deafult value is boardindex;collapse; - nothing happens

an suggesstions? thanks!

thanks wdm2005!
I'll just wait for other updates how to integrate this one into tportal blocks.

SA™

add forum to the arrey where you put pm and what not
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

DBO

nice shoutbox this.....well done to the author  ;)

just two questions i would like to ask

1. where and how would i add the code to get bbcode image tag to work with this shoutbox?

2. is there a way that i can set this so my members can post clickable links directly in to the shoutbox without using the add url button?

JCS

Quote from: mr_fix_it on October 22, 2008, 04:19:00 AM
nice shoutbox this.....well done to the author  ;)

just two questions i would like to ask

1. where and how would i add the code to get bbcode image tag to work with this shoutbox?

2. is there a way that i can set this so my members can post clickable links directly in to the shoutbox without using the add url button?

1. theres no way to set img bbcode yet
2. the only way to add an url is with the url button

the shoutbox doesn't have this options, cuz thats not essential on a shoutbox, but just send your suggestions trough mp and every suggestion will be studied

for now, the new version of the shoutbox is being prepared, and it got alert when a message came, studying the possibility of send private messages and other stuff, so if there's any suggestion, we are gonna read it, and see if its possible to bring on soon

wdm2005, thanks for answer :p ^^

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

waronyou

my problem has to do with my home has no action, I can load it into a category with this action below,. I cant figure out tp cuz of the action thing again.

home http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php
action -- - -- >
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?action=collapse;c=1;sa=expand#1

;forums doesnt work either but someone said it popped up and made a post about it and then it was gone.

Mack put the action from pm,categorizes,or home if you got one.
Look at the url on the top of the screen. And take the action out of it.

brtz

Very nice mod JCS.

I was wondering if its possible to remove some of the features to get a clean shoutbox. (like links, font, backgroundcolor etc)?

And is it possible to convert this mod into a vertical one, because i want to move it to the left side of the infocenter :)

Keep up the good work!

ryozo

Quote from: brtz on October 22, 2008, 07:15:55 AM
Very nice mod JCS.

I was wondering if its possible to remove some of the features to get a clean shoutbox. (like links, font, backgroundcolor etc)?

And is it possible to convert this mod into a vertical one, because i want to move it to the left side of the infocenter :)

Keep up the good work!

this would be a great idea

Mack450

i did this and it didn't even work with the default theme!!
www.atvsector.com

Powered by SMF

Mack450

Here is my index.template.php for the theme i use. I did the edits for it but its a no go. I cant see to find the things that i need to edit for index.php

www.atvsector.com

Powered by SMF

akateisakate

I've read this thread and I'm still a little confused. I have 1.1.6, default theme, and I do not have TP. I only have a couple other Mods installed- AJAX Instant Quick Reply, Youtube BBCode, and LimitPostsPerDay.

I can't see the shoutbox on my board index. I've also tried changing the option on the AdminPanel to "boardindex;collapse;forum" as mentioned. So what do I do?

Thank you. :)

Also, could the coding for my index.template.php please be edited for this to shown toward the bottom of the forum- This is my babylon theme? Thank you very much! It is attached.

ryozo

Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 06:12:50 PM
I've read this thread and I'm still a little confused. I have 1.1.6, default theme, and I do not have TP. I only have a couple other Mods installed- AJAX Instant Quick Reply, Youtube BBCode, and LimitPostsPerDay.

I can't see the shoutbox on my board index. I've also tried changing the option on the AdminPanel to "boardindex;collapse;forum" as mentioned. So what do I do?

Also, could the coding for my index.template.php please be edited for this to shown toward the bottom of the forum- This is my babylon theme? Thank you very much! It is attached.

i encountered this problem early today.
i just entered "forum" in the field.
it showed in the home/forum page afterwards.
after some refreshes its gone.
i entered "PM" to check if itll show in message center, it did.
i changed it to "forum" again, but its not showing anymore.

alex30

Now my quick question.

Is there a negative aspect of the shoutbox, don't you
think that members will post comments only there instead of expending forum boards?

How does it improve forum if you just started?

akateisakate

Quote from: alex30 on October 22, 2008, 06:58:06 PM
Now my quick question.

think that members will post comments only there instead of expending forum boards?

How does it improve forum?

That's up to you. If members are having random coversation in threads, then this is good to avoid that clutter.

alex30

It seems that alll forum conversations will be ended in shoutbox.

How to disable viewing shoutbox for guests, couldn't find this option?

JCS

Quote from: waronyou on October 22, 2008, 06:59:48 AM
my problem has to do with my home has no action, I can load it into a category with this action below,. I cant figure out tp cuz of the action thing again.

home http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php
action -- - -- >
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?action=collapse;c=1;sa=expand#1

Mack put the action from pm,categorizes,or home if you got one.
Look at the url on the top of the screen. And take the action out of it.

in action, at the final put ;forum, it should work

Quote from: brtz on October 22, 2008, 07:15:55 AM
Very nice mod JCS.

Keep up the good work!

actually, as you can see, the shoutbox doesn't have so much features, it was meant to be that... a shotubox, i understand what you are trying to say..., what do you think about a modification, that allow you to put a "light" version of the shoutbox??

Quote from: Mack450 on October 22, 2008, 03:15:31 PM
i did this and it didn't even work with the default theme!!

its working: http://www.atvsector.com/index.php?action=shoutbox

just do the same that i told to waronyou, add ";forum" in actions

please, if you need something, you can always edit your post, this way is easier for me to read all your questions

Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 06:12:50 PM

can you please send me your forum url, thanks

Quote from: ryozo on October 22, 2008, 06:38:08 PMi encountered this problem early today.
i just entered "forum" in the field.
it showed in the home/forum page afterwards.
after some refreshes its gone.
i entered "PM" to check if itll show in message center, it did.
i changed it to "forum" again, but its not showing anymore.

same as akateisakate

Quote from: alex30 on October 22, 2008, 06:58:06 PM
Now my quick question.

How does it improve forum if you just started?

mmm don't wanna be rude, but if a shoutbox replaces the forum board, then the problem is the forum..., at least I hate topics that became a chat, thats why i got a shoutbox on my site

Quote from: alex30 on October 22, 2008, 07:02:03 PM
It seems that alll forum conversations will be ended in shoutbox.

How to disable viewing shoutbox for guests, couldn't find this option?

doesn't have the option, that was a mistake :P, but with a manual edit to your index.template.php, you can do that... so

# Hack's Park ||

template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

# Hack's Park ||

if (
$context['user']['is_logged'])

template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Advertisement: