News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky13

Can someone show me how to add this Shoutbox to my second style. I only have 2 styles, the Default, and one called "Blues". It works perfectly on the default style, but I need to get it working on the "Blues" style. Can you show me how? Thanks.

Mikeric

Everytime i try and add the code to my index.template.php like it says to add to another theme i keep getting an error. The theme is default Multicolour. I attached my index.template.php.

pikeman

Quote from: JCS on December 01, 2008, 07:07:37 AM
Quote from: pikeman on November 29, 2008, 11:47:27 AMWhy shout not work properly in Internet Explorer?
In the Firefox is great, but many people use IE.

Link to forum:
http://vukovisadunava.com/index.php?action=forum

that's strange, we tested it in so many browsers and everything was okay, ill check something and then i'll give you an answer

OK  ;)

Pяηѕѕ LF

Hello,

If it possible I want to know more information about:

the number 1 in the image >

it's possible to "interdit" not allowed Normal users, to put a link in the shoutbox, to see "the bbc" for this ? but moderator and admin can.

for the number 2 >

If we can make anything with this bbc. We can delete it ? If yes, how we can delet it.

and my last question is for +- how many users this shoutbox is advise.

thanks for your mod and support.

1.1.21 Default

JCS

Quote from: micky13 on December 03, 2008, 09:43:29 AMCan someone show me how to add this Shoutbox to my second style. I only have 2 styles, the Default, and one called "Blues". It works perfectly on the default style, but I need to get it working on the "Blues" style. Can you show me how? Thanks.

Quote from: Mikeric on December 03, 2008, 03:31:47 PMEverytime i try and add the code to my index.template.php like it says to add to another theme i keep getting an error. The theme is default Multicolour. I attached my index.template.php

use this parser: http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser/index.php, or this one: http://www.sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php

no matter if you have the 1.1.7 version, use the 1.1.6 for the parser, its the same for this

if get any error, please paste the error here

Quote from: shanksta13 on December 03, 2008, 11:46:20 PMAny updates on the version for 2.0 Beta 4?

nothing for now, but be patient and stay tuned with us

Quote from: Pяєηѕєѕ 丂√丂 on December 04, 2008, 11:02:55 AMHello,

If it possible I want to know more information about:

the number 1 in the image >

it's possible to "interdit" not allowed Normal users, to put a link in the shoutbox, to see "the bbc" for this ? but moderator and admin can.

for the number 2 >

If we can make anything with this bbc. We can delete it ? If yes, how we can delet it.

and my last question is for +- how many users this shoutbox is advise.

thanks for your mod and support.

1. its possible, but we didn't meant that to work that way, so that need some time to be implemented

2. the first button is the one to remove the stile, for example, an user activates bold, italicized, underlined, change the font and set colours for the background and text, if he clicks this button, all that stuff will disappear and it gets back to normal.

the other two icons "with the X" is where the selected background and font colour preview is showed, so I don't think that remove them is a good idea.

users... well, I'm going to let makito to answer that ^^
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

rubelNB

Quote from: JCS on December 01, 2008, 07:07:37 AM
Quote from: rubelNB on November 30, 2008, 12:58:09 PMHi, I am using the dilber theme and have gone through the parser but i still cannot get the shoutbox to work on the dilber theme.

It works great on the default theme.

I attach the index.template file. please help me :-[

I'll check that as soon as possible

Hi JCS, I don't suppose you have had a chance to look at the index.template file yet? I'm really stuck now and have no idea on what to do :-[

JCS

srry, but I'm finishing this semester at the university, so you can imagine the amount of work I have right now, try a package parser or something, and if you get an error, just paste it here, there are so may people that may can help you, remember to backup your files before make something

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

RoH

is there a way that we show this shoutbox inside a specific board rather showing at the main board ?

i mean, if i have Tech Talk board, is their a way i can show this shoutbox only the those who are currently viewing Tech Talk board ?

Pяηѕѕ LF

JCS, ok now i see the bbc button I think I don't utilise but they have a fonction :). Thanks for information.

I have another question.

in my ./Themes/default/index.template.php I delete all the code about the shoubox because I dont utilise the shoutbox in index etc.. I utilise only action=shoutbox.

It's a problem if I deleted the code in index.template.php ?  :-\

And it's possible to add a image in action=shoutbox ?
1.1.21 Default

Gadget..

Well I did not back up & after installing this mod I recieve this error only when I try to login:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_hp_shoutboxmain() (previously declared in /home/content/c/a/r/carnage101/html/Gadget/PSPimp/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/content/c/a/r/carnage101/html/Gadget/PSPimp/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 271

Can I back out of this error or am I screwed??

Help is appreciated, Thanks...

VegaTheChosen

I've installed your shoutbox and everything works fine on the default template then i added it to my theme and it displays but doesn't work also some of the images are missing as you can see I was wondering how to remedy this problem? I've provided and image of what I'm talking about as well as my index.template thanks for any help you can give

also how can I re-size the font smaller for your tag (CC) Hack's Park on the shout box?

thanks for your help

edit also another problem is the close button doesn't work on the other theme but it works in the default theme

--SOLVED IT
maybe i overlooked it but in order for this to work on themes other than default you must edit the index.template.php and then extract the hacks Park package there will be a folder named "theme" open it you'll see another folder default open this one and you'll see 5 files and 2 folder, the files all start with HP, open your ftp program which should be open if you've already edited the index.template go to the theme(s) you want to install this on open the theme folder like forum/theme/winter and transfer the HP files then upload the images to there respectable places within your theme and bam you'll be shouting/chatting in no time

viper787878

Ok, I've downloaded the shout box, it works on defalt core but not on the one I use.
The theme I use is Helios Multi.  Is It possible to have a shout box on that type of theme?

GorGon

mod installed and work fine!
except ...
when I go to shout box>admin>permission , and want to edit the permission, i have 404 error page.
can't edit the permission .... plz help :(

Gadget..

Quote from: Gadget.. on December 05, 2008, 08:27:48 PM
Well I did not back up & after installing this mod I recieve this error only when I try to login:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_hp_shoutboxmain() (previously declared in /home/content/c/a/r/carnage101/html/Gadget/PSPimp/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/content/c/a/r/carnage101/html/Gadget/PSPimp/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 271

SOLVED,...  I just editied all my templates! & removed all the Hack's Park text & everything is fine at my forum just this mod does not work for me... :(

CanadianIce

My members (and myself) absolutely LOVE this shoutbox.  Awesome job!

I was wondering if there is a way to add custom commands to it (like the /me one)

Seems my members want a snowball fight  ;D

shanksta13

What needs to be done to get this mod on SMF 2.0 Beta 4?  Is it as simple as simply manually applying the edits?  I really need to get this back up on my site, my members are about to kill me.

JCS

Quote from: Pяєηѕєѕ 丂√丂 on December 05, 2008, 05:52:18 PMJCS, ok now i see the bbc button I think I don't utilise but they have a fonction :). Thanks for information.

I have another question.

in my ./Themes/default/index.template.php I delete all the code about the shoubox because I dont utilise the shoutbox in index etc.. I utilise only action=shoutbox.

It's a problem if I deleted the code in index.template.php ?  :-\

And it's possible to add a image in action=shoutbox ?

actually, i dont understand what do you want ^^, the code that prints the shoutbox is

template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

so only delete that one to not show that on the index

the image thing, can you explain me exactly what you want please

Quote from: Gadget.. on December 05, 2008, 08:27:48 PMWell I did not back up & after installing this mod I recieve this error only when I try to login:

see your index.template.php file, you have twice this function:

template_hp_shoutboxmain()

delete one of them, try a package parser

Quote from: VegaTheChosen on December 06, 2008, 01:27:03 PMI've installed your shoutbox and everything works fine on the default template then i added it to my theme and it displays but doesn't work also some of the images are missing as you can see I was wondering how to remedy this problem? I've provided and image of what I'm talking about as well as my index.template thanks for any help you can give

also how can I re-size the font smaller for your tag (CC) Hack's Park on the shout box?

thanks for your help

edit also another problem is the close button doesn't work on the other theme but it works in the default theme

--SOLVED IT
maybe i overlooked it but in order for this to work on themes other than default you must edit the index.template.php and then extract the hacks Park package there will be a folder named "theme" open it you'll see another folder default open this one and you'll see 5 files and 2 folder, the files all start with HP, open your ftp program which should be open if you've already edited the index.template go to the theme(s) you want to install this on open the theme folder like forum/theme/winter and transfer the HP files then upload the images to there respectable places within your theme and bam you'll be shouting/chatting in no time

url link please

Quote from: viper787878 on December 06, 2008, 05:32:38 PMOk, I've downloaded the shout box, it works on defalt core but not on the one I use.
The theme I use is Helios Multi.  Is It possible to have a shout box on that type of theme?

use a package parser to made the modifications, if you still having troubles, post here those ones

Quote from: GorGon on December 06, 2008, 10:24:30 PMmod installed and work fine!
except ...
when I go to shout box>admin>permission , and want to edit the permission, i have 404 error page.
can't edit the permission .... plz help :(

make sure that all the files are where they must be, compare the files in the mod qith the ones you got on your custom theme folder

Quote from: CanadianIce on December 07, 2008, 03:56:19 PMMy members (and myself) absolutely LOVE this shoutbox.  Awesome job!

I was wondering if there is a way to add custom commands to it (like the /me one)

Seems my members want a snowball fight  ;D

working on that, now, the only way to add custom actions is doing it manually by yourself

Quote from: shanksta13 on December 08, 2008, 03:10:34 PMWhat needs to be done to get this mod on SMF 2.0 Beta 4?  Is it as simple as simply manually applying the edits?  I really need to get this back up on my site, my members are about to kill me.

patience, we have other projects and college, also we don't really know SMF 2.0, so we are studying it

if you have any knowledge about SMF 2.0, php, ajax and stuff, you can make it works with 2.0, for now, we have to be sure that it's going to work the best it can do

Quote from: RoH on December 05, 2008, 06:33:16 AMis there a way that we show this shoutbox inside a specific board rather showing at the main board ?

i mean, if i have Tech Talk board, is their a way i can show this shoutbox only the those who are currently viewing Tech Talk board ?

you can show the shoutbox on the action pages, theres no way to be showed on an specificall forum, but its a nice feature, gonna see how hard it is to be implemented

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

shanksta13

Quote from: JCS on December 08, 2008, 05:43:40 PM
Quote from: shanksta13 on December 08, 2008, 03:10:34 PMWhat needs to be done to get this mod on SMF 2.0 Beta 4?  Is it as simple as simply manually applying the edits?  I really need to get this back up on my site, my members are about to kill me.

patience, we have other projects and college, also we don't really know SMF 2.0, so we are studying it

if you have any knowledge about SMF 2.0, php, ajax and stuff, you can make it works with 2.0, for now, we have to be sure that it's going to work the best it can do

Yeah, I hear you, I've been booked to the hilt with finals myself.  I'll take a look at it and see if I can't come up with something for 2.0.

brtz

Hey JCS, i was wondering if there was any news about getting this mod integrated in the infocenter :)

Thanks!

Advertisement: