News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCS

Quote from: brtz on December 09, 2008, 01:38:13 PMHey JCS, i was wondering if there was any news about getting this mod integrated in the infocenter :)

Thanks!

info center??, in the admin panel, add the action stats, if thats not what you mean, please tell me what info center ^^
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Dr. Jay Sin

As is the case with others here I'm hugely busy with finals, and don't feel like typing my problem out yet AGAIN.  I'm still waiting to hear if anyone knows what the deal is with this from four pages back:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1807970#msg1807970

Looks nice in default, would be cool if I could use it.   :)

Captain_Neptune

Ok, I'm about to go nutz here and remove this mod.

HacksPark_shoutBox_v1.2.2
SMF 1.17

I can get shoutbox to work on all pages except the one I want it to (the main index)

I have read threw all 11 pages here. Tried a snotload of 'fixes'

At the moment it is only working as a link off the index page.
Tried setting "Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)" in admin to

boardindex   ..Nothing
;all                ..Shows shoutbox on every page BUT the index   :'(
shoutbox      ..Nothing

if I comment out this line in index.template in func template_HP_shoutBoxMain()

if (empty($context['hp_shoutbox_show']))
      return;

it shows at the top of the main index page (but not where I want it) but not functional

I modified the default theme directly , no other themes are present.

This at the moment is the only way I can have members access it from a link on the main index page
(guests allowed to view but not post)

From index.template.php

--- Code ---

// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
template_menu();

echo '<br><A HREF="hxxp:ukh.oldmmogamers.net/forums/index.php?action=shoutbox [nonactive]"><b>CLICK HERE for Shoutbox</b></a>  (Until I can figure out how the frack to get it to show in line) Only UKH Members can post, Guest can only read, May load SLOW..';

// The main content should go here.
echo '
<div id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 0px 2ex 0px;">';
}

# Hack's Park ||
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

function template_main_below()
{

---code---

I have also tried moving "template_HP_shoutBoxMain()" around.

I want to show ONLY on the 'main forum index page' where the current 'Click here' link is.
Kinda strange that ";all" shows it just fine on all pages EXCEPT the main index page!

Any ideas would be appreciated. This is getting fully annoying. I REALLY DON'T want to write a version mysel using SSI Perl.

Cheers

JCS

Quote from: Menard on December 10, 2008, 05:23:37 PMAs is the case with others here I'm hugely busy with finals, and don't feel like typing my problem out yet AGAIN.  I'm still waiting to hear if anyone knows what the deal is with this from four pages back:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1807970#msg1807970

u sure u put all the .js file where they must be??, cuz everything seems normal

Quote from: Captain_Neptune on December 10, 2008, 06:07:23 PMOk, I'm about to go nutz here and remove this mod.

HacksPark_shoutBox_v1.2.2
SMF 1.17

I can get shoutbox to work on all pages except the one I want it to (the main index)...

...Website: http://ukh.oldmmogamers.net/forum

Cheers

heres the problem

echo '
}

# Hack's Park ||

{

it must be

echo '

# Hack's Park ||

}

{
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Captain_Neptune

Well ...That worked :)
Thanks!

Boy, do I feel mentally challenged...

FYI Most the manual install instructions state:

Find: function template_main_below()
{

Add Above:
# Hack's Park ||

That was confusing...

Thanks again..

Captain_Neptune

What do I change to increase the amount of characters you can type in 1 line..and will it wrap itself on a long message.

I have a member that likes to write books in shoutbox :D (Very long messages) 1024 characters might be enough ...

Cheers

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: JCS on December 10, 2008, 06:19:33 PM
Quote from: Menard on December 10, 2008, 05:23:37 PMAs is the case with others here I'm hugely busy with finals, and don't feel like typing my problem out yet AGAIN.  I'm still waiting to hear if anyone knows what the deal is with this from four pages back:

u sure u put all the .js file where they must be??, cuz everything seems normal

All I did was place the two blocks of code given to me by the package parser and upload some image files.  I didn't do anything with any JavaScript (unless it was included in what the package parser gave me?).  I was unaware there were additional steps.

brtz

Quote from: JCS on December 09, 2008, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: brtz on December 09, 2008, 01:38:13 PMHey JCS, i was wondering if there was any news about getting this mod integrated in the infocenter :)

Thanks!

info center??, in the admin panel, add the action stats, if thats not what you mean, please tell me what info center ^^

I mean this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1764353#msg1764353

:)

makito

Quote from: Menard on December 10, 2008, 05:23:37 PM
As is the case with others here I'm hugely busy with finals, and don't feel like typing my problem out yet AGAIN.  I'm still waiting to hear if anyone knows what the deal is with this from four pages back:

Forum url pls
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

Captain_Neptune

What do I change to increase the amount of characters you can type in 1 line..and will it wrap itself on a long message.

I have a member that likes to write books in shoutbox :D (Very long messages) 1024 characters might be enough ...

Cheers

brtz

Quote from: brtz on December 11, 2008, 12:59:11 PM
Quote from: JCS on December 09, 2008, 03:55:46 PM

Thanks!

I mean this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1764353#msg1764353

:)

hmm, for some reason the attachment is gone. Here is it again:

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: makito on December 11, 2008, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: Menard on December 10, 2008, 05:23:37 PM

Forum url pls
Under my avatar.  Not sure how that would help though.  I've taken out the package parser edits because it would look ridiculous to have a shout box up there that doesn't function.  Still, there it is.  Still installed and functional in default.     :)

makito

Quote from: Menard on December 11, 2008, 08:02:57 PMUnder my avatar.  Not sure how that would help though.  I've taken out the package parser edits because it would look ridiculous to have a shout box up there that doesn't function.  Still, there it is.  Still installed and functional in default.     :)

http://zombiedeathhouse.com/horrorforum/index.php?action=shoutbox

You dont have to uninstall the mod to disable... you should only change the option "Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)" ("boardindex;collapse") to " "

As I see, you dont have JS files: http://zombiedeathhouse.com/horrorforum/Themes/Aa_New_Damage/HP_shoutBox.js

msgs are getting right: http://zombiedeathhouse.com/horrorforum/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml

Be sure all JS and image files are in /horrorforum/

Greetings

theS3X

These are probably two very simple questions, but I can't seem to figure them out. First, how do you change the time so it displays in a 12 hour clock instead of 24 hours? I see the spot to change it, but no matter what I put there it doesn't display right. Second, is there a way to remove certain features like the text background color option so users can't use it?  Thanks in advance for the help.

PHILLYFAN

New to SMF always used vbulletin! I figured how to installl the mod, but it only shows up on the theme that came with the smf download. I added a new theme so where do I edit it to work with the theme im using?

Thanks

Captain_Neptune

Quote from: Captain_Neptune on December 11, 2008, 04:31:17 PM

Cheers

I guess no one knows the answer to this or if its even possible??

Cheers

makito

Quote from: theS3X on December 11, 2008, 09:33:00 PM
These are probably two very simple questions, but I can't seem to figure them out. First, how do you change the time so it displays in a 12 hour clock instead of 24 hours? I see the spot to change it, but no matter what I put there it doesn't display right. Second, is there a way to remove certain features like the text background color option so users can't use it?  Thanks in advance for the help.

1) Go to admin panel and edit "Time format (Messages list)" option (to "%I:%M %p")
You can find some information about Time format here: http://www.php.net/manual/es/function.strftime.php

2) We're working on it. The unique way to do it now is editing files manualy

Quote from: PHILLYFAN on December 12, 2008, 02:21:21 AM
New to SMF always used vbulletin! I figured how to installl the mod, but it only shows up on the theme that came with the smf download. I added a new theme so where do I edit it to work with the theme im using?

Thanks

Use a Package Parser

Quote from: Captain_Neptune on December 12, 2008, 07:10:30 AM
Quote from: Captain_Neptune on December 11, 2008, 04:31:17 PM

Cheers

I guess no one knows the answer to this or if its even possible??

Cheers

Go to file $themedir/HP_shoutBox.template.php

Search
<input class="smalltext" type="text" id="hp_shoutbox_imsg" name="msg" tabindex="1" maxlength="120" value="" style="font-weight: normal;color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['textColor'] . ';font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;width: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['widthInputMsgPopUp'] . ';padding: 3px;border-width: 1px;border-color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['textColor'] . ';background-color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['backgroundColor'] . ';" />

And replace maxlength="120" width maxlength="1028"

- - - - -

Go to file $themedir/index.template.php

Search
<input class="smalltext" type="text" id="hp_shoutbox_imsg" name="msg" tabindex="1" maxlength="120" value="" style="font-weight: normal;color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['textColor'] . ';font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;width: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['widthInputMsg'] . ';padding: 3px;border-width: 1px;border-color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['textColor'] . ';background-color: ' . $HP_settings['shoutBox']['backgroundColor'] . ';" />

And replace maxlength="120" width maxlength="1028"

- - - - -

(Let me tell you that it is too much ^^, 255 could be better)

Greetings

theS3X

Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it. I would have never gotten the time thing. I was using different time formats that you would use to alter the time that is displayed on your PC.  For instance h:mm for Standard 12 hour time.

As for the background color thing, I will wait for an update from you guys that allows an easier way to manipulate it.

Thanks for the awesome shoutBox by the way! I happened to stumble upon it when my hosting server suspended my account because the nneonneo's ShoutBox I had installed was "causing performance issues with their servers and needed to be removed in order to have my account reinstated". Right...

PHILLYFAN

what is a package parser and where do I get it?

thanks

theS3X

Quote from: theS3X on December 12, 2008, 11:26:21 AM
As for the background color thing, I will wait for an update from you guys that allows an easier way to manipulate it.

I take that back. If you don't mind showing me what to edit to remove the background color feature I would really appreciate it. It is starting to get annoying seeing people post a purple background with green text and quoting Joker lines from the Dark Knight.

Advertisement: