News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HR

Id try and redownload a few times and/or reupload just to b e certain some corruption didnt occour durring transfer.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

scenerip2k

did that couple of times still no luck

HR

hmm I think I have a 2.0b4 install will give it a try and see what I can see.

Didnt have to go that far lol.. looking at the download page it isnt compatible for 2.0

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.

Maliante

Quote from: HR on December 28, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: Maliante on December 28, 2008, 05:09:08 PM
If possible increase a height and font size??

I try to find this option but i can't find it.

Please help me.

Maliante 

In default/HP_shoutbox.template.php you can change font size by editing all instances of "smalltext" and making them "mediumtext" to make the font a bit larger if you like (course this will do it throughout and not just the messages). As for height.. I did a post above regarding the number of messages displayed. If your talking about the box itself it can be done from administration for HacksPark.

Perhaps he'll make these administrative settings in a future update

I find a solution in the admin panel it's everyting configurable. Tnx. Dude.

Maliante

scenerip2k

Quote from: HR on December 29, 2008, 01:12:41 PM
hmm I think I have a 2.0b4 install will give it a try and see what I can see.

Didnt have to go that far lol.. looking at the download page it isnt compatible for 2.0

damn....thats a very good shout box! to ad it dont work on 2.0 beta 4....are there any compatible ones like this one that will work on beta 4?

HR

Not that I am aware of although a search on the mod site does turn up a few options.. just be sure you check for compatibility

blakey

I have added the code to my dilber themed forum, but theres no sign of it working, is there anything I need to edit?

Thanks

HR

Quote from: blakey on December 30, 2008, 01:46:22 PM
I have added the code to my dilber themed forum, but theres no sign of it working, is there anything I need to edit?

Thanks
Unfamiliar with the theme can you provide a link?

scenerip2k

can anyone please update this version to 2.0 beta 4

JCS

Quote from: PHILLYFAN on December 12, 2008, 02:36:06 PMwhat is a package parser and where do I get it?

thanks

look for it on google

Quote from: RIGILKENTARUS on December 12, 2008, 06:29:11 PMFirst iof all i want to say that you have done a great job in this mod.

my problem/questtion is this....

I have a button to the shoutbox in the mean menu and this is the code
// the [CHAT] button
echo '<li' , $current_action=='shoutbox' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , '><span class="menu_r"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=shoutbox"><span class="menu_ar">' , Chat , '</span></a></span></li>';

I want to know how can be this code to the PopUp Shoutbox and not to the mean page of the shoutbox

<a href="#" onClick="window.open('URL TO THE SHOUTBOX','popup','width=xx,height=xx)">Chat</a>

Quote from: SuddenRedScare on December 12, 2008, 09:49:16 PMHey, I'm with Philly.  He has been trying to help me on my boards but this mod has us both stumped.  I have been messing with codes for the past five hours and still have yet to get it to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

exactly, whats your problem?

Quote from: Menard on December 15, 2008, 02:02:41 PMWell, the shoutbox has been up for a couple days and everybody's giving it rave reviews.  We all love it very much.  My peeps had an idea, and I told them I'd check it out.  They want to know if it's possible to embed a video player into the shoutbox, like above the text input box...just below the shoutbox title.

We want to be able to have a "movie night."  We all love the old public domain horror movies out there.  I could upload a bunch of them to my webhost in a video subdirectory.  We'd then chat about the flick while we watch it.  Major nerd stuff.  Sound workable to anyone?  I have the auto-embed video mod installed on my theme if that helps to know.

Any thoughts?

mmm you can do it manually everytime you want to do that, changing the video, just edit the file where you want the video to be showed

Quote from: Ordogg on December 15, 2008, 11:23:47 PMI saw the demo, I love it.... When is a 2.0 Beta 4 version going to be out?
\

ShoutBox for 2.0 is gonna take a while, we have some other projects running, so its kind of hard

Quote from: haito on December 17, 2008, 02:46:34 AMhey, i've 2 forums, both of them using this mod...
the first forum, i use simple portal 2.05 (without sidebar at forum page), the hackpark shoutbox can appear at forum page...
but at the second forum, i use simple portal 2.1 (with sidbar at forum page), hackpark shoutbox cant appear at forum page...

i use 1.1.7 and outline themes

in the admin panel, in the where to show the ShoutBox input, what do you have?

Quote from: crazie on December 26, 2008, 06:35:33 AMWill the new version have the option for users to turn the shoutbox on/off?

Also, will it "Remember" if I minimize it?  For example, I may want the shoutbox turned on, but not view it, so I minimize it.  However, every time I return to a page with the shoutbox enabled (i.e. boardindex), it reappears, and I'd have to minimize it again.

Also, how about the ability to have the actual input box at the bottom, and the most recent shout on the bottom (reverse order of what it is currently)?

GREAT MOD!  I love everything about it, minus the little things I picked out, but they are not necessary, just nice items if included.

Excellent job, and I look forward to the next release!!!  :)

those things are gonna be studied, we must see if its functional and make sure that the ShoutBox works the best it can

Quote from: blakey on December 30, 2008, 01:46:22 PMI have added the code to my dilber themed forum, but theres no sign of it working, is there anything I need to edit?

Thanks

theres no just code edits, you must put in your custom theme folder, some files that are contained in the package, unzip it and you'll know what files are those ones

Quote from: scenerip2k on January 01, 2009, 01:52:50 PMcan anyone please update this version to 2.0 beta 4

we are gonna anounce the shoutbox working with SMF 2.0, the problem is that we must be sure that the new version is gonna be a really good one, we have to see also the comments you guys made in order to get a better one, a new admin panel, more options and stuff.

if someone get this one working on 2.0, nice, but for now, we cant asure the users that its a good shoutbox, cuz we dont know it
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

chrisb

with the shout box can we have the following added to this module

Date & Time

at who is online , if possible can we add this to who is chatting in the who online currently and how long was the last post .If they havent posted for the last 4 hours do not show.

JCS

Quote from: chrisb on January 02, 2009, 05:18:08 AMwith the shout box can we have the following added to this module

Date & Time

at who is online , if possible can we add this to who is chatting in the who online currently and how long was the last post .If they havent posted for the last 4 hours do not show.

all the suggestions are gonna be studied to be implemented on the new version of the shoutbox

thanks
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

crazie

JCS,

Thanks for the update!  Good to hear and good luck with the future release!

GhostWalker

I added the mod but no Shout Box appears. Any ideas as to why? Under Admin it shows I can edit permissions so something is there, but no shoutbox :(

Maliante

It's possible make the shoutbox hidden for guest??

I don't want my guest read anything in my forum register or do nothing.

Thanks

Maliante

CrisisX

I have installed it, and on the admin section of my site I see a Hack's Park tab, but how do I make this shoutbox show on my website, www.CrisisX.com?

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: JCS on January 01, 2009, 09:27:23 PM
Quote from: Menard on December 15, 2008, 02:02:41 PMWell, the shoutbox has been up for a couple days and everybody's giving it rave reviews.  We all love it very much.  My peeps had an idea, and I told them I'd check it out.  They want to know if it's possible to embed a video player into the shoutbox, like above the text input box...just below the shoutbox title.

We want to be able to have a "movie night."  We all love the old public domain horror movies out there.  I could upload a bunch of them to my webhost in a video subdirectory.  We'd then chat about the flick while we watch it.  Major nerd stuff.  Sound workable to anyone?  I have the auto-embed video mod installed on my theme if that helps to know.

Any thoughts?

mmm you can do it manually everytime you want to do that, changing the video, just edit the file where you want the video to be showed

Sorry for being dumb, but is that your way of saying, "Yes, you CAN integrate video directly into this shout box"?  Because I'd have no idea where to begin or what would need to be done to the shoutbox code to integrate a video player.  I can obviously get everything set with organizing a video subdirectory on my webhost and all that jazz.  But as for adjusting the shoutbox code in order to display video above the text input field, I'm one of those idiots whose hand would need to be held.  Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.

Based on what you said above (and my own naivete), I'm led to believe that simply slapping in a video url somewhere in the shoutbox code (perhaps where the adjustments were made to index.template.php?) will allow the autoembed to play a video just like I want it to.  But I have a hard time believing it would really be that simple.  Is it?

Unrelated question: In another part of my board, we have a Quotations Hall of Shame.  Any chance a future version would be able to integrate a quotation feature for exportation to the message board?

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: Maliante on January 03, 2009, 12:54:04 AM
It's possible make the shoutbox hidden for guest??

I don't want my guest read anything in my forum register or do nothing.

Thanks

Maliante

In index.template.php just above function template_main_below()...

Find...
# Hack's Park ||
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

Switch to...
# Hack's Park ||
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

CrisisX

How do I make the shoutbox show?

Advertisement: