News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maliante

Quote from: Menard on January 03, 2009, 04:14:01 PM
In index.template.php just above function template_main_below()...

Find...
# Hack's Park ||
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

Switch to...
# Hack's Park ||
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

Thanks a lot working perfectly .

Regards
Maliante

GhostWalker

Mine does not show either CrisisX so you are not alone

henryjesus

I tried installing Hackspark shoutbox , all is good , it showed , but here is my problem

1. no button shows the "Send Message" button
2. No admin panel
3. when you go to admin --- under forums , there is no HP or HacksPark Link for shoutbox :( am I missing something ?

my theme is default , and I downloaded and zip package and uploaded it to my server and automatically installed it. any ideas would be great

JCS

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 02, 2009, 09:37:21 PMI added the mod but no Shout Box appears. Any ideas as to why? Under Admin it shows I can edit permissions so something is there, but no shoutbox :(
Quote from: CrisisX on January 03, 2009, 02:57:53 PMI have installed it, and on the admin section of my site I see a Hack's Park tab, but how do I make this shoutbox show on my website, www.CrisisX.com?

make sure all the files that the ShoutBox needs are on your custom template folder, also in the administration panel, in the input where you set the pages where you liked the ShoutBox to be showed, add this "boardindex"

Quote from: Menard on January 03, 2009, 04:10:10 PMSorry for being dumb, but is that your way of saying, "Yes, you CAN integrate video directly into this shout box"?  Because I'd have no idea where to begin or what would need to be done to the shoutbox code to integrate a video player.  I can obviously get everything set with organizing a video subdirectory on my webhost and all that jazz.  But as for adjusting the shoutbox code in order to display video above the text input field, I'm one of those idiots whose hand would need to be held.  Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.

Based on what you said above (and my own naivete), I'm led to believe that simply slapping in a video url somewhere in the shoutbox code (perhaps where the adjustments were made to index.template.php?) will allow the autoembed to play a video just like I want it to.  But I have a hard time believing it would really be that simple.  Is it?

Unrelated question: In another part of my board, we have a Quotations Hall of Shame.  Any chance a future version would be able to integrate a quotation feature for exportation to the message board?

About the video, try making an image to let me know where exactly you wanna embed clips, then ill give you an answer, maybe i can do the modification in a bit

about the quotation thing, i think its possible, ill let makito know that

Quote from: henryjesus on January 04, 2009, 07:21:50 AMI tried installing Hackspark shoutbox , all is good , it showed , but here is my problem

2. No admin panel
3. when you go to admin --- under forums , there is no HP or HacksPark Link for shoutbox :( am I missing something ?

my theme is default , and I downloaded and zip package and uploaded it to my server and automatically installed it. any ideas would be great

please, link to your forum

Regards
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: JCS on January 04, 2009, 11:41:57 AM
Quote from: Menard on January 03, 2009, 04:10:10 PMSorry for being dumb, but is that your way of saying, "Yes, you CAN integrate video directly into this shout box"?

About the video, try making an image to let me know where exactly you wanna embed clips, then ill give you an answer, maybe i can do the modification in a bit.

Alright.  Currently, it looks like pic #1.  Which is wonderful.  When in movie mode, it would be nice if it looked like pic #2, or some approximation thereof.

Again, no rush.  It's more or less one of those "in a perfect world" scenarios.  As is, we're already quite enjoying the shout box.  Cannot WAIT to see what the future has in store for this mod!

On another unrelated note, I'm going to scour this thread again to see what it takes to get this up and running with Tiny Portal; I checked out their site last night, and TP looks quite awesomely feature-packed indeed!  I may switch over & join the cult.  :)

GhostWalker

Alright, now I see the box and where to add text. But when you "Send message" it does not show up at all. The Mod says it works for 1.1.7 but the "Files" installing with the Mod just say 1.1.5 and 1.1.6  :(   WHat am I doing wrong?

henryjesus

I tried installing Hackspark shoutbox , all is good , it showed , but here is my problem

2. No admin panel
3. when you go to admin --- under forums , there is no HP or HacksPark Link for shoutbox  am I missing something ?

please, link to your forum  <----- wha ??? how ??? im a complete newbie or an idiot should i say :)

Regards 

henryjesus

btw, more detailed post for this , here is what i got in the error logs if this helps

8: Undefined index: hp_mod_shoutbox
File: /home/filipino/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2752

8: Undefined index: hp_admin
Line: 2750

Unable to load the 'HP_shoutBox.english-utf8' language file.

JCS

Quote from: Menard on January 04, 2009, 05:50:31 PMAlright.  Currently, it looks like pic #1.  Which is wonderful.  When in movie mode, it would be nice if it looked like pic #2, or some approximation thereof.

Again, no rush.  It's more or less one of those "in a perfect world" scenarios.  As is, we're already quite enjoying the shout box.  Cannot WAIT to see what the future has in store for this mod!

On another unrelated note, I'm going to scour this thread again to see what it takes to get this up and running with Tiny Portal; I checked out their site last night, and TP looks quite awesomely feature-packed indeed!  I may switch over & join the cult.  :)

so, add in the admin panel an option to activate or deactivate the movie mode, and add an input to put in there the embeded video to be showed where you want it to be..., well, ill try when i get some free time

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 05, 2009, 03:00:40 AMAlright, now I see the box and where to add text. But when you "Send message" it does not show up at all. The Mod says it works for 1.1.7 but the "Files" installing with the Mod just say 1.1.5 and 1.1.6  :(   WHat am I doing wrong?

srry, when updating the mod, i forgot some things, have to update those, but i have no time right now

Quote from: henryjesus on January 05, 2009, 08:11:04 AMbtw, more detailed post for this , here is what i got in the error logs if this helps

8: Undefined index: hp_mod_shoutbox
Line: 2752

8: Undefined index: hp_admin
Line: 2750

Unable to load the 'HP_shoutBox.english-utf8' language file.

please make sure all the Hak's Park ShoutBox's files are where they must be, for example

HP_shoutBox.english-utf8

change the extension of the file "HP_shoutBox.english.php" to "HP_shoutBox.english-utf8.php", and put it into your custom template folder, also look at the .js files, images and stuff, you can unpack the .zip package and copy the files, they are in folders, so you can easy understand where they must be

Regards

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

GhostWalker

Oh Gotcha so it won't work with 1.1.7 :(:(:(  Good to know I am not doing something wrong

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 05, 2009, 03:20:09 PM
Oh Gotcha so it won't work with 1.1.7 :(:(:(  Good to know I am not doing something wrong

He must have been referring to something very unique to your situation mate, because we're running 1.1.7 here on my site and everything works ace.  No bollocks here.

You said everything looks normal now but you can't send a message?
A couple things:

1) It seems you might be using a custom theme?  If so, go to your webhost and pull up your file manager.  Look at your SMF default theme folder.  For the Hack's Park Shoutbox items in there, there will be some .js files and a few php files.  Take a quick mental note of them.  I believe there ought to be like 5 or so.  They all start with "HP_"

2) Now go to the folder containing the theme you're using (again, assuming you're using a non-default theme).  Open the folder and assess the situation: is it or is it not the case that all the same Hack's Park files are also there?  If not, that's your problem.

3) Go back to default, copy all those files into Notepad, save those files with the SAME NAMES AND appropriate extension (copy/paste the file name for a fool-proof measure).  Go back to your custom theme and simply upload those files to that theme's folder.  Or, if you like, you can FTP them.

That's what worked for me when I had the same problem.  I had to copy nearly every file from default that started with HP_ and suddenly, everything worked great!  Good luck!

For anyone encountering a similar problem with the BBC buttons not showing up in your custom theme's shoutbox (I had this problem at one point, and thus I bring it up), but they are there in default, guess what?  Same easy fix as described above...go to Default Theme > Images > BBC > find/save the button images you are lacking in your custom theme, go to Your_Theme > Images > BBC > upload those images.

GhostWalker

Alright! It is working yet a small glitch. In the lower left corner it keeps flashing like it is trying to send something. Does that continue?

DareDevil1990

well first of all it s the lovely sb :D... and second of all i need some help

i have installed it but the problem is that it doesnt show up every time when i load the main page of my site....it shos randomly i have to load the main page like 5-6 time before i can see the sb :( ...whats wrong here? i am on smf 1.1.7

GhostWalker

It is collapsible and does that to me as well. Do you see the "Title Box" at all?

DareDevil1990

nop i sometimes i see nothing at all on the main page its just blank :(

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 05, 2009, 10:30:56 PM
Alright! It is working yet a small glitch. In the lower left corner it keeps flashing like it is trying to send something. Does that continue?

I believe that is just the auto-refresh indicator.  It goes off every so many seconds when the box is active; this is something that can be adjusted in the admin. options.  Glad you got things up and running!  I hope it was my directions that helped!

JCS

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 05, 2009, 10:30:56 PMAlright! It is working yet a small glitch. In the lower left corner it keeps flashing like it is trying to send something. Does that continue?

that must appear every 5 minutes, thats the default refresh time of the SB

Quote from: MRDJ on January 06, 2009, 03:37:48 AMwell first of all it s the lovely sb :D... and second of all i need some help

i have installed it but the problem is that it doesnt show up every time when i load the main page of my site....it shos randomly i have to load the main page like 5-6 time before i can see the sb :( ...whats wrong here? i am on smf 1.1.7

have tryed it on 6 diferent browsers, and everything was fine, the SB appears everytime i reload the main page, dont know whats that happening to you

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

GhostWalker

Quote from: Menard on January 06, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
I hope it was my directions that helped!

It was Thank you. Forgive me for not giving you due credit. I appreciate the help and love the Shout Box!

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 07, 2009, 12:34:18 AM
Quote from: Menard on January 06, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
I hope it was my directions that helped!

It was Thank you. Forgive me for not giving you due credit. I appreciate the help and love the Shout Box!

:)  Oh, I didn't mention that for credit's sake.  Credit should go to JCS, who walked ME through it more or less a few pages back.  I just reiterated it in great detail to make things clear.  What I was more referring to was not knowing if you were working with a theme other than default and the fact that I was taking a stab in the dark and then spouting off in the hopes that WAS your problem.  Either way, good to know you're up and running.  I find problems like this are a good way to learn a few basic things along the way, too.

DareDevil1990

again i have problem...i have "Minimum characters per message (while sending message)" to 0 but when i enter a word "ok" it gives me the error and but when i enter"ok+space[not the letter space  ]" the message goes through :(...whats the problem i want it to allow the message go through with entering space

Advertisement: