SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostWalker

Oh Man I can't get the "Custom themes" to come out right. Menard do you change the FTP files? or your index templates?

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 07, 2009, 03:43:43 PM
Oh Man I can't get the "Custom themes" to come out right. Menard do you change the FTP files? or your index templates?

Can you be more specific as to what your problem is please?  What do you mean "come out right"?  Do they function normally on your board as usual but display weird only in the shoutbox?  Is that what you mean?  I was under the impression all was well.  Are we talking about a NEW custom theme?

If you are looking at your shoutbox after having loaded an ADDITIONAL new theme and it doesn't look right/function correctly, you will have to use the package parser again (linked in my siggy below :) )to find the necessary adjustments to add to THAT theme's index.template.php and go through the steps I outlined above again...for EACH THEME you add to your board.

I hope that helps. :)

DareDevil1990

hi guys i just wanted to know is there anyway to make shoutbox rember the text settings i.e color bold or italics etc for every user whenever the users reload that page.......

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: MRDJ on January 08, 2009, 01:21:32 AM
hi guys i just wanted to know is there anyway to make shoutbox rember the text settings i.e color bold or italics etc for every user whenever the users reload that page.......

Very large second.  Great idea!

chrisb

You can look for support also in www.hackspark.com, there you will find more scripts, and new versions if apply.

when going to the site its in another language  and i cant find more scripts for this and any new updates as i cant read the forum

chrisb

My List of new Add on for the shoutbox and these would make the shout box a better shout box.

1. Date and Time of every member
2. Users who are chatting in shoutbox under who online
3. achieve the shoutbox messages in a file for reference
4. Not been able to swear in the shoutbox and have banned words
5. Not been able to flood the shout box and need to wait for a certain amount of time before porting again.

here is my input to this shoutbox and my customer are happy as they like this shoutbox at present.

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: chrisb on January 08, 2009, 06:01:23 AM
My List of new Add on for the shoutbox and these would make the shout box a better shout box.

1. Date and Time of every member
5. Not been able to flood the shout box and need to wait for a certain amount of time before porting again.

here is my input to this shoutbox and my customer are happy as they like this shoutbox at present.

Similar to this, already being studied (I just looked again; it's a quote by JCS of one of your posts, chrisb :) ):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1861983#msg1861983

For #3, I take it you mean 'archive'.

For #5, wouldn't that unfortunately interfere with the core function of the shoutbox, that being basically multiple person IM'ing?  If you are having trouble with people flooding your shoutbox I take it they are not regular message board members, otherwise you'd ban them...is this correct?  If this is the case, you could make your shoutbox invisible to guests with the following fix:

In index.template.php just above function template_main_below()...

Find...
# Hack's Park ||
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

Switch to...
# Hack's Park ||
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

I know it's a random stab in the dark; I'm just putting it out there.  Hope this helps you out!  Good luck, chap! :)

makito

Hi

I'm sry, I took so much time to start Shoutbox 2.0. I have some others projects and is kind of hard to be at time with all of them.

But I  will start it now. Here are some of the new functions I will add:

%d means any integer
To change
To add
To  remove
Naming something
Link to Spanish details

• Private conversations (admins will have it in  history)
  • Sound play at new message (can be  changed)
  • New form of getting messages (new messages will be added  to the list of the first %d)
  • Cookies OR Sessions will be used to save selected options by users
  • Portals support: TinyPortal, SimplePortal,  (?)
  • Who is active in the last %d minutes (who is now chatting)
  • File history of shouts (Date_Time_By_ByID_NumOfShouts.txt)
  • Page index in Moderation Panel
  • Banned words (the same you have for the forum)
  • command /url will be removed
  • Urls will be auto converted to links and shorted to %d chars
  • Options:
    Users will be able to enable or disable Shoutbox
    [config] new messages could be first or last
    [config] message box and features could be up or down
    User wont have a link to  profile any more
    [config] Shoutbox features could be enable or  disable
    Permission to see Shoutbox (guests ~ admins)
    Permission to send messages in Shoutbox (regular users ~ admins)
    [config] enable or disable Shoutbox span filter (user should not print the same message twice)
  • Version for SMF 2.0x

Do you have any other ideas?
By the way, I need some who can mod Hack's Park English site, is any one interesting in?

Quote from: chrisb on January 08, 2009, 06:01:23 AM1. Date and Time of every member

1. You can add it if you want, time is completely editable
2. I like it, who is active in the last %d minutes :)
3. ya, I was thinking in it too. Each time admin or mod use /clear (or link in Mod Panel), that will create a history file (Date_Time_By_ByID_NumOfShouts.txt) with all shouts including the deleted ones
4. to swear? sry, I don't get it xD. About the banner words, I forgot it !! I will add the function now
5. I will add a function that wont let users to send more than %d continuous messages (lasts ones), but the other one is kind of restrict users to participate and its not the idea...
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

bullbreedluverz

sounds like some good updates  :D

better integration with SimplePortal would be good as section of coding for the shoutbox are placed in the same place as SimplePortal which causes problems with installing both

fragwürdig

Hello makito,

thanks for pointing me here.

I have 2 questions/requests for you:

1) I was able to integrate your shoutbox into my forum and now I would like to increase the maximum length of text.
Where do I find the setting I have to change?

2) How can I let the shoutbox turn up on all other pages of my board not just the main index?

Tip for all users, who don't speak either spanish or portugese:
Use the Yahoo! or any other translation-service on the net and c&p the description on hackspark.com [nofollow] into it.

That way I easily managed to include this nifty shoutbox into my index-template and can use it in another theme now. (and I am a total geek when it comes to templates, js, php or whatever - i don't know what I actually did, but it works and thats what I wanted! ;) )

GhostWalker

In addition to an archive for posts is there anyway to have the Admin be able to see a full list of pages from the shout box? When you go to "Moderate" you only see the last page. :( Maybe we can have it so all pages ( so 10 pages) are seen and then we can clear them after being viewed.

shortchange

Is there a way to have any url typed into the shoutbox become a link?

thanks

bullbreedluverz

theres a link button on the shoutbox - looks like a globe, you just click it and post the url in that

shortchange

I am aware of that. That does not answer my question but thank you. My question is:

Is there a way to have a url that is typed into chat become a link. I want to remove the button the above person mentioned because it is a redundent function.

Also I added the code to not to allow guests to view the shoutbox. This works in Opera and Firefox. In IE it allows guest to view the shoutbox but not post in it. Is there a way to not display the shoutbox for IE also?

Thanks

bullbreedluverz

soz werent sure if you was aware of that function  ;)

makito

Quote from: fragwürdig on January 09, 2009, 02:39:40 AM1) I was able to integrate your shoutbox into my forum and now I would like to increase the maximum length of text.
Where do I find the setting I have to change?

2) How can I let the shoutbox turn up on all other pages of my board not just the main index?

1. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1837080#msg1837080

2. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg1809591#msg1809591

Quote from: JaGuR on November 21, 2008, 12:41:10 AM
To display in index with out an action, and display every where on forum

Found this Gem in the Code while trying to Mod it to work on my index

add this in the admin section  in this field "Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)" ;all

Simple as that, no need for Iframes Tiny Portals

mmm, Yeah... ;all is for printing shoutBox in all pages ;)

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 09, 2009, 08:32:42 AM
In addition to an archive for posts is there anyway to have the Admin be able to see a full list of pages from the shout box? When you go to "Moderate" you only see the last page. :( Maybe we can have it so all pages ( so 10 pages) are seen and then we can clear them after being viewed.

I added it ;)

Quote from: shortchange on January 09, 2009, 10:51:25 AM
I am aware of that. That does not answer my question but thank you. My question is:

Is there a way to have a url that is typed into chat become a link. I want to remove the button the above person mentioned because it is a redundent function.

Also I added the code to not to allow guests to view the shoutbox. This works in Opera and Firefox. In IE it allows guest to view the shoutbox but not post in it. Is there a way to not display the shoutbox for IE also?

Thanks

1. I didn't allowed links because of long ones, but I think they can auto change to a short one (to an specific number of chars) like http://www.simplemachines.org/comu... (Maybe I can use shorten_subject function  ::) )

2. The aditional code to hide shoutbox to guest works for all navigators...

QuoteFind...
# Hack's Park ||

Switch to...
# Hack's Park ||

shortchange

Does not work for internet explorer. It prevents guests from posting but if they click the update button they can see all of the chat.

If I may suggest about the auto link (I am confident you can program it if not I would gladly offer assistance) add an option in the admin to allow this or not, and dont worry about the url being longer than the box, if it is then too bad I can live with that, they can get a tinyurl.com or they can use the aforementioned button.

Also maybe in the future an addition to Who.php can be added for this mod?

Thank you.

makito

1. I tried to see your index.template.php, but you don't have any copy of
Please, upload it or send it to me by PM

2. Ya, I will make it configurable

shortchange

DOH!

My apolgies.

works. I just made a tiny mistake. I would like to get more involved in this community. I know how to program fairly well in many languages, though I haven't done much with SMF other than manually edit mods. I have a basic understanding of how SMF functions because of my manual edits but by no means am I fully knowledgeable yet. Contact me if I may help you.

Advertisement: