News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostWalker

With all the additions is there a update now?

makito

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 10, 2009, 01:39:23 AM
With all the additions is there a update now?

It isn't right now. But I'm working now in the update
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

GhostWalker

You are wonderful Thank you for all you have done! I am still trying to get my custom themes to work but it is a big hit on the default one

tasman2

Hi , this is a GREAT mod . I am new at forums etc etc . Before I download and install the shoutbox , does it have a feature where the admin can disable the shoutbox - eg control the time when board members can use it ?
Thanks

Dr. Jay Sin

Quote from: tasman2 on January 14, 2009, 12:19:08 AM
Hi , this is a GREAT mod . I am new at forums etc etc . Before I download and install the shoutbox , does it have a feature where the admin can disable the shoutbox - eg control the time when board members can use it ?
Thanks
Indeed there is!

Once installed, you'd need to go to your regular board Admin. options.  On the left side, you'll see a spot for your shoutbox admin. options.  Click on that, and you'll see a line that reads, "Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)"  By 'printed' they mean where it's displayed on your site.  Delete any value that is in that box and it will be deactivated.  (hint: you might want to save that default value or write it down somewhere so you have it handy to reactivate it later on).  You can also make it invisible to guests, but that's something to look into once you get it installed...

Good luck to you.

NHWD

can anyone help me how to use it with the clean blue theme?
i have it installed and only edited the clean blue theme since i dont think i really need to change anything else do i?

KathyT

Installed on default theme and-  it works perfect.  During Christmas I modified my Xmas theme to use sb and it worked perfect.      Now trying to customize Dilbermc as default theme for everyone, followed the same steps as on the other theme, but it just does not work. 

I used the parser, checked and double checked, and it just isn't showing anywhere on my dilbermc theme.  Read all the instructions on the topic here again, still no go.

Oh, I did move all the js and img /bbc files to their proper places also.    I just don't get it what is wrong. 

SMF board 1.1.7   Dilbermc theme. 

t0k3nBuDz

Hello,

I just recently manually installed this on my forum.  I am using 1.1.7

I get the following error.  Please help.  Let me know if more information in needed.

Database Error
Table 'c732108_smf.smf_hp_settings' doesn't exist
File: /home/c732108/public_html/forum/Sources/HP_shoutBox_Subs.php
Line: 106

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Legend Zero

Hi there.

Running 1.1.7, I installed your chat mod, and no dice.

I need help installing this with a custom theme.

Attempted the Manual Install instructions, and the thing bugged out altogether. I had to revert to the CORE theme, and then had to reinstall the theme I was using because it was busted.

I finally was able to get the chat to appear, but it was meaningless tables, no interactivity at all. Help me out please if ya can!

~legend0922
CEO Legend Zero

NHWD

JCS

Quote from: GhostWalker on January 12, 2009, 09:38:44 AMYou are wonderful Thank you for all you have done! I am still trying to get my custom themes to work but it is a big hit on the default one

to make it work on a custom theme, just make sure that the files are in your custom theme folder ".js and .php files, images", then do manual modifications to the files and done

Quote from: CL0WNER on January 15, 2009, 02:00:29 AMcan anyone help me how to use it with the clean blue theme?
i have it installed and only edited the clean blue theme since i dont think i really need to change anything else do i?

extract the files of the package and youll see some files that the mod add to your theme folder, then upload them to your custom theme

Quote from: KathyT on January 15, 2009, 02:33:52 AMInstalled on default theme and-  it works perfect.  During Christmas I modified my Xmas theme to use sb and it worked perfect.      Now trying to customize Dilbermc as default theme for everyone, followed the same steps as on the other theme, but it just does not work. 

I used the parser, checked and double checked, and it just isn't showing anywhere on my dilbermc theme.  Read all the instructions on the topic here again, still no go.

Oh, I did move all the js and img /bbc files to their proper places also.    I just don't get it what is wrong. 

SMF board 1.1.7   Dilbermc theme.

have to see whats going on with the DilberMC theme, give me some time

Quote from: t0k3nBuDz on January 16, 2009, 07:51:47 PMHello,

I get the following error.  Please help.  Let me know if more information in needed.

Database Error

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

have you upgrade your forum to 1.1.7 from another version??, cuz thats the message, make sure that the upgrade to 1.1.7 was successfull

Quote from: Legend Zero on January 16, 2009, 10:09:42 PMHi there.

Running 1.1.7, I installed your chat mod, and no dice.

I need help installing this with a custom theme.

Attempted the Manual Install instructions, and the thing bugged out altogether. I had to revert to the CORE theme, and then had to reinstall the theme I was using because it was busted.

I finally was able to get the chat to appear, but it was meaningless tables, no interactivity at all. Help me out please if ya can!

~legend0922
CEO Legend Zero

theres a learning, always make a backup of your files before modify them, make sure that you put the images and other files that the shoutbox requires on your custom theme folder

Regards
JCS
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

assam_siddibapa

i did every ting as said by u
but wen i tried in on my theme it showed
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/extreme61/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';'

please help me

EDIT
if found that if i go to /index.php?action=shoutbox on the custom theme it works so i guess there must be some thing wrong in the code
i have attached my index.template.php

if u dont mind plz say me wat to edit becuase i am currently install other mods to so if i replace ur give file then i will have to do the edits again

mash-e1

it works on default thread then i had some one install it on a diffrent theme now that i have chnged the theme its gone please help me please

NHWD

Quote from: JCS on January 17, 2009, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: CL0WNER on January 15, 2009, 02:00:29 AMcan anyone help me how to use it with the clean blue theme?

extract the files of the package and youll see some files that the mod add to your theme folder, then upload them to your custom theme
tried that already

Mr.IT

I want to use HacksPark shoutBox on Movies07 theme .plesase give me index.template.php file

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=377

Legend Zero

I have everything backed up, no issue there, but your manual install instructions refuse to work for me. Anything not written in the instructions you have revealed in this thread over time? Any hints or errors in the directions? Already tried twice following your instructions to the letter, and no dice.

sibit

but i set hot editor and when i set up this mod smiles had become inactive because of changing of script.js as a hot aditor can you help about this problem?

t0k3nBuDz

Quote from: t0k3nBuDz on January 16, 2009, 07:51:47 PMHello,

Database Error

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

Quotehave you upgrade your forum to 1.1.7 from another version??, cuz thats the message, make sure that the upgrade to 1.1.7 was successfull

I have not done any upgrades.  I freshly installed 1.1.7 about 2 weeks ago.  How should I proceed?

Legend Zero

Finally got everything working, but I was wondering if there was a way to make the box play a sound everytime a new post was made, b/c we find people missing the conversation if they are looking away.

Quexinos

Quote from: Legend Zero on January 18, 2009, 11:31:23 AM
I have everything backed up, no issue there, but your manual install instructions refuse to work for me. Anything not written in the instructions you have revealed in this thread over time? Any hints or errors in the directions? Already tried twice following your instructions to the letter, and no dice.
This, the link to your manual doesn't work.  I uploaded all the proper files and what not, but if I try to just  modify the index.template it goes berserk.  Can you please fix the link to the manual?

Advertisement: