News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Are you using a custom theme.   If so, make sure the edits made to Themes/defailt were also made to Themes/(custom themes)

xiCanadian

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 15, 2011, 04:29:54 PM
Are you using a custom theme.   If so, make sure the edits made to Themes/defailt were also made to Themes/(custom themes)

Im using MysticJade  :S.

Ozzie

in index template.php for that theme find 

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();

around about line 206

directly after that add

// Hack's Park Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- Hack's Park Shoutbox

so that the whole thing looks like this

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();
// Hack's Park Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- Hack's Park Shoutbox

}

that ought to reslove your problem

2000+ games available to download

xiCanadian

Ozzie

umm it should  i tried it on test theme and it worked ok, it could be clashing with other mods you got installed but as yet i have not came across one that affects it .... just outta curiosity you have got it turned on have you ?  maybe you should try reinstalling it as i am at a lose as to what else to suggest

btw does it show on other themes?

xiCanadian

Yes I did that still doesnt work ;3

Ozzie

what version of smf are you using ?

xiCanadian

Quote from: Ozzie on December 16, 2011, 06:43:39 PM
what version of smf are you using ?

2.0.1 -- I am using 2.0 for the mods packager.

mikedijital

hello, im using this mod, and its working great, but everytime I load up a page i get 25 errors all pointing to ythe same line   

" http://mikedijital.us/deggi5/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=4
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: language
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/content/m/i/k/mikedijital/html/deggi5/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php (eval?)
Line: 478 "

Line 478 using notepad++  is empty

" 477 $txt['theme_language_error'] = 'Unable to load the \'%1$s\' language file.';
   479 $txt['parent_boards'] = 'Child Boards';"

how can I fix this, thanks for any help

[Crash_Override]

I know support for this mod may no longer be available but is there a way to allow "img" BBCode tags in the shoutbox?

gustavomf

espero lo actualicen pronto para la version SMF 2.0.2

I hope updated soon for the  SMF 2.0.2 version  ;D

UndertakerZA

Sorry about my bad English language. I use Google translator to translate I from Serbian to English.

SMFPacks Shoutbox use and, unlike previous times, when you gave me some errors, now works very well. Change the server, there are no more such mistakes.

Now I got a request from members, that if it is possible to enlarge my window smileys, though, because by default this window is small and has a lot to scroll down to find a particular emoticon.

This is by default

The file Shoutbox.template I found the part that refers to the size of the window and increase it but it emoticons schedule remained the same, are strung out vertically.

I tried various ways to change and ask them to be horizontal, but I failed.

Piece of code in which I make changes and increase the window is the

// SMF 2.0
        $settings['smileys_url'] = $modSettings['smileys_url'] . '/' . $user_info['smiley_set'];

echo '
                                <div class="tborder" style="display:none;position:absolute;' .

(empty($shoutbox['showform_down']) ? 'bottom:-163px' : 'bottom:28px') . ';right:' . $float . 'px" id="shoutbox_smileys">
                                    <div class="windowbg2 smalltext" style="padding:6px

8px;text-align:left;width:565px;overflow:auto;height:100px;max-height:100px">
                                        ';

Can you change the order of emoticons, so that they are sorted horizontally, as is the case for quick answers or responses to topics?

Version 1.1.15 is a forum, custom themes.
My SMF is www.cokoladaforum.com

The attachment is a file Shoutbox.template

I posed the question in part to support the Serbian language, but did not receive assistance.
It is here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=464277.0

Thank you in advance. Again, Sorry about my bad English language

rootuid

Quote from: gustavomf on January 05, 2012, 10:25:58 AM

Looking forward to it!

vaibhav goswami

this mod i like to install but when i install it it's dont work i just go to pack manger > uplode new pack > and install after that what i do please help me    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Timshel

Quote from: gustavomf on January 05, 2012, 10:25:58 AM

I tried installing this mod in my 2.0.2 forum and it worked. I did it emulating the forum as a 2.0 . To do this the steps are:

Go into the package manager and click "Advanced" . There you have to type SMF 2.0 for example and apply. This way it emulates a 2.0 forum and you can try to install the mod. As you'll see there will be no problems to install the mod.

After installing the mod, then you have to stop the emulation, following the same steps as before, but in this case you have to write back the 2.0.2 as your version of the forum and then apply again.

I did this following this tutorial written at the spanish support forum. I don't know if there is any topic written in english (it should be)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=427423.0

Pruebalo, a mi me ha funcionado. Suerte!

Cheers!

jukos

Quote from: jukos on January 18, 2012, 02:19:43 PM

I am using a forum 2.0.2 where i can see SMFPacks Shoutbox, but it shows some text encoded.. How to installl it ?

They linked me to this topic.

How to download packs & install them on forum?

thx

mikedijital

I dont know if anyone uses ADK Portal but here is code for a custom Block that uses this shoutbox

Go to admin / adk portal / blocks / add a block

Choose php block.    <?php will already be there, delete it  and past this exactly

<?php 
call_user_func
(Shoutbox_Load);
if (
function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main'); ?>

thecoo1est

Quote from: mikedijital on January 19, 2012, 03:20:16 PM
I dont know if anyone uses ADK Portal but here is code for a custom Block that uses this shoutbox

Go to admin / adk portal / blocks / add a block

Choose php block.    <?php will already be there, delete it  and past this exactly

<?php 
call_user_func
(Shoutbox_Load);
if (
function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main'); ?>

Nice, I have this chatbox on a index page and Im using adk portal, I would like to use this on a module page, would you happen to know a way I could make this 500px in height without it effecting the smaller size I have set on the index page?

sergiol

Quote from: Timshel on January 18, 2012, 05:20:57 AM
I tried installing this mod in my 2.0.2 forum and it worked. I did it emulating the forum as a 2.0 . To do this the steps are:

Go into the package manager and click "Advanced" . There you have to type SMF 2.0 for example and apply. This way it emulates a 2.0 forum and you can try to install the mod. As you'll see there will be no problems to install the mod.

After installing the mod, then you have to stop the emulation, following the same steps as before, but in this case you have to write back the 2.0.2 as your version of the forum and then apply again.

I did this following this tutorial written at the spanish support forum. I don't know if there is any topic written in english (it should be)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=427423.0

Pruebalo, a mi me ha funcionado. Suerte!

Cheers!

I just tried this and it didn't work. Top of my website just shows the following,
// SMFPacks Shoutbox --> $txt['sba_title'] = 'Shoutbox'; $txt['sba_link'] = 'Shoutbox'; $txt['permissiongroup_shoutbox'] = 'Shoutbox'; $txt['permissiongroup_simple_shoutbox'] = 'Shoutbox'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_view'] = 'View Shoutbox'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_post'] = 'Post messages in Shoutbox'; $txt['permissiongroup_shoutbox_panel'] = 'Shoutbox Moderation Panel'; $txt['permissiongroup_simple_shoutbox_panel'] = 'Shoutbox Moderation Panel'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_edit'] = 'Edit messages in Shoutbox'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_delete'] = 'Delete messages in Shoutbox'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_prune'] = 'Empty Shoutbox'; $txt['permissionname_shoutbox_ban'] = 'Ban users in Shoutbox'; // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

I clicked uninstall, but got an error saying there is no uninstaller for this package.
Please help fix or remove

Advertisement: