News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: TheNextProdigy.com on July 27, 2012, 01:22:21 AM
where do i go to edit the shout input?
(i need step by step information,im not so good at these type of things)

I don't have step by step instructions... but you would be editing the shoutbox template file, probably.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mai11

Are there any plans to put in a whisper feature into this? (Or if anyone knows how I would do it myself that could help would be much appreciated.)

OLS

Is there a way to have the shoutbox open up to a larger window showing more messages? At the moment when you click on the popup link it just opens up to the same size as it sites on the forum so is not really beneficial.

N i g h t m a r e

Is it any possible to get a mini image as your username in the shoutbox?
Example:

[31|Jul 02:54 PM]: Test
or
[31|Jul 02:54 PM]: Test

Kindred

not without massive coding changes throughout SMF....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

N i g h t m a r e

How about regular name effects using the global header and footer mod,is there anyway i can get that into the shoutbox instead of just the posts and all that?

Kindred

as we stated in your other thread in which you asked the same thing....   the system is not designed to use an image for a username. As a matter of fact, usernames should be plain text any effects should be applied on the display side, not the input/name side of things.
Слaва
Украинi

Adrek

Quote from: Nibogo on May 23, 2012, 10:24:41 PM
Could someone summarize the issues in this mod? Here's one, but I may have sometime for it in the next weeks but I'm really too lazy to read everything.

Didn't get notification about reply... :|

There are few harcoded text strings that should be moved to language file (for example moderation center - Shoutbox.template.php lines 618-623)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

aph3zx

Hi guys!

I was trying to install this mod on my forum, but there is a problem: while I was modifying the files, when it says to modify ./Sources/Load.php, i searched for the strings that have to be replaced but they don't exist in the file. Is that possible?

I skipped that, and when I opened the site it gave me this problem:

Error in the Database
SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: smf_shoutbox_settings
File: ../forum/Sources/Subs-Shoutbox.php
Line: 147

And I'm not that sure I committed any mistake. Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks for the answers

Kindred

1- no, skipping will almost always cause errors.  I suspect that the code DOES exist, it has just been modified slightly by anothe rmod, installed previously.

2- you did the manual install by editing the code... but did you do the database portion to set up the tables?
Слaва
Украинi

aph3zx

What do you mean in the second point? Sorry But this is the first time i modify the code.. Anyway, thanks for the answer

N i g h t m a r e

where do i go to change the shout output? ive asked without answer

when i shout i want it to show as:
[03|Aug 11:23 PM]ArkCreatiiion: Test

Instead of:

ArkCreatiiion [03|Aug 11:23 PM]: Test 2

Kindred

Quote from: aph3zx on August 04, 2012, 07:52:03 AM
What do you mean in the second point? Sorry But this is the first time i modify the code.. Anyway, thanks for the answer

this mod (and many others) ***ALSO*** has a database install portion which is a separate file/instruction set from the file edits. You need to run that install in order to add the database tables. Since you manually made the code changes, you have apparently missed the db-install file
Слaва
Украинi

N i g h t m a r e

Is there anyway to enable the shoutbox to appear on every page?

N i g h t m a r e

how do i make it to where,

if i insert a image code like:

[ img ] {LINK} [ / img ]

it will show the image instead of the code?

instead of it saying

[ IMG ]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/kingzeus3/website.png[ / IMG ]  ....

qubbah

how to add latest post automatically show when users post new post to this shoutbox?

Nibogo

Quote from: qubbah on August 05, 2012, 01:19:42 AM
how to add latest post automatically show when users post new post to this shoutbox?

You can't without a lot of coding, if you're interested in something similar take a look to this:

Activity Stream

or send me a PM if you want me to code it for you

[Crash_Override]

Nibogo I'm not 100% sure of this but it appears the SSL link conversion is still not working, I tried the latest version with a vanilla install of SMF and had no luck.

Advertisement: