News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

napsterion

This is message from 000webhost help staff.
"All requests are loading fine, the response is ok, however the XML parsing fails. I am not sure whether this is related to the developer or not.. I'd say it's rather related to the developers.

000webhost does not usually modify nor throttles the content of your files."

efk

We used "Open Popup" to place shoutbox on page with some other things, and now sound notification for new shouts seems to not working. Any idea why is like that and how to fix it?

harryhood

Quote from: napsterion on August 11, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
I've just installed this plugin. I see shoutbox on my forum but i dont see any text what im write.
Not text in the box. What has happend?
Can you help me ?

I use 000webhost.
i tryied every php version from 5 to 7.1

Did you ever get this figured out? I installed shoutbox on a existing forum and the text does not display, just like yours. I can also see the data is not getting written to the database.

I installed a fresh SMF instance on the same server/site and added shoutbox. Shoutbox works on the freshly isntalled SMF instance.

The network reqeusts appear to be the same on the working and non-working instances when submitting text. (see attached)

efk

Maybe it has something with different language than English.

harryhood

Figured it out. There were shoutbox tables in the database from a previous version that were not cleaned properly. The new Shoutbox install must have seen those tables and didn't recreate them. The table strucutre was different causing inserts to fail on new messages.

YogiBear

Quote from: Deprecated on February 14, 2016, 11:19:39 PM
... If it's okay with you and I do post the package you can check the 2.0.11 compatibility box on the mod site. After uploading the revised mod package.

The day you do I'll be one of the first to use it, Dep, not just because I'm sure it'll work but also because it'll stay supported.

I am saddened by this trend of releasing a free mod, letting it become faulty, then pushing us to use a paid version which, imo, is not in the spirit of SMF.

At the very least, Nibogo, please allow Deprecated to offer his modified version.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Arantor

Note that this is essentially the Hacks Park shoutbox taken over, rebadged and updated by Nibogo.

Nibogo

Quote from: YogiBear on September 11, 2017, 09:13:54 AM
The day you do I'll be one of the first to use it, Dep, not just because I'm sure it'll work but also because it'll stay supported.

I am saddened by this trend of releasing a free mod, letting it become faulty, then pushing us to use a paid version which, imo, is not in the spirit of SMF.

At the very least, Nibogo, please allow Deprecated to offer his modified version.

No modified version are allowed pal, and as far as I know there aren't big issues related with the free version which I recently updated, I can't see the reason why you are complaining so much for a free mod that does a fairly good job. So far I can only recall the 000webhost issue which is probably something that the server cannot property handle and it's not worth fixing since only a very reduced audience would be affected with a really simple solution (migrating).

If you are having issues with the mod post them and they will get eventually resolved if they are actual bugs which require a proper fix.

Steve

I used the free version for a long time and never had a problem that Nibogo didn't fix right away. And I can't even remember when the last time that was.

I'm now using the Pro version because I like it's additional features and Nibogo's technical support is outstanding.
DO NOT pm me for support!

keyboard

I also stand by "Nibogo's support is outstanding"
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Steve on September 11, 2017, 05:16:01 PM
I used the free version for a long time and never had a problem that Nibogo didn't fix right away. And I can't even remember when the last time that was.

I'm now using the Pro version because I like it's additional features and Nibogo's technical support is outstanding.
That cracked me up ;D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

grinninglich

Can anyone redirect me to fix of error below. Author says it is in the thread but where in all 137 pages?

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Sources/Shoutbox.php
Line: 316

Steve

Klajdi

We recently changed host and the shoutbox stopped working. Any idea what is happening? there are no errors in console, except that font-awesome file is missing.

This is the error i get on firefox:
XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: https://www.ambrosia-servers.com/community/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;msg_session=9429281;xml;row=0;restart Line Number 1, Column 4:

Klajdi

Quote from: Klajdi on November 29, 2017, 02:10:34 PM
We recently changed host and the shoutbox stopped working. Any idea what is happening? there are no errors in console, except that font-awesome file is missing.

This is the error i get on firefox:
XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: https://www.ambrosia-servers.com/community/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;msg_session=9429281;xml;row=0;restart Line Number 1, Column 4:

It turned out that "ZLIB COMPRESSION" should be turned off.

Torngate

Quote from: grinninglich on November 07, 2017, 12:13:54 PM
Can anyone redirect me to fix of error below. Author says it is in the thread but where in all 137 pages?

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Sources/Shoutbox.php
Line: 316

I have this too.

Quote from: Steve on November 08, 2017, 04:40:41 PM
click here

This... didn't have an answer for it as far as I could tell.
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

jack001

not working. unable to send message in shoutbox. dont know why
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Steve

Need a bit more info than 'not working'. Have you tried multiple browsers, etc ...

jack001

Quote from: Steve on December 12, 2017, 09:53:05 AM
Need a bit more info than 'not working'. Have you tried multiple browsers, etc ...
take a look at https://edutainmentforum.com
i can write but cant send message
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Advertisement: