SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack001

Quote from: harryhood on September 01, 2017, 11:19:31 AM
Quote from: napsterion on August 11, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
I've just installed this plugin. I see shoutbox on my forum but i dont see any text what im write.
Not text in the box. What has happend?
Can you help me ?

I use 000webhost.
i tryied every php version from 5 to 7.1

It seems i have same problem.

Did you ever get this figured out? I installed shoutbox on a existing forum and the text does not display, just like yours. I can also see the data is not getting written to the database.

I installed a fresh SMF instance on the same server/site and added shoutbox. Shoutbox works on the freshly isntalled SMF instance.

The network reqeusts appear to be the same on the working and non-working instances when submitting text. (see attached)
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

jack001

Quote from: Nibogo on December 14, 2017, 09:20:27 AM
Try disabling gzip compression, I believe it worked for someone with that host.

can you help me out how to do it? i have tried using with repair_settings.php but didn't find gzip.
thanks in advance.

br360

You can find it in Admin> Server Settings> General

Then look for Enable compressed output and make sure it is unchecked

jack001

Quote from: br360 on December 14, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
You can find it in Admin> Server Settings> General

Then look for Enable compressed output and make sure it is unchecked
it is unchecked.
thanks for your input. but still no luck

icarus911

So getting in the error logs
2: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

Does this work with PHP7.0/1?

Found the edit:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg3859374#msg3859374

Torngate

Quote from: icarus911 on January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM
So getting in the error logs
2: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

Does this work with PHP7.0/1?

Found the edit:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg3859374#msg3859374

This fix isn't working for me. When I update the code as suggested in that message, the shoutbox simply fails to load completely.

Any other ideas?
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

AD1

New guy here. Not a web guru just getting by 8)

Issue
Shoutbox not posting input after migration to a different account at godaddy.

Running
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.15 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.15
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
Database Server: MySQL
MySQL version: 5.0.96-log
Alternative PHP Cache: 3.1.13
PHP: 5.4.45
Server version: Apache

Forum preparedham dot com/forums/index.php

Godaddy cpanel hosting

Moved the site today from a the basic hosting to a CPanel hosting where i have somemore domains parked.

Shout worked fine before the move on 2.0.12

Moved the site and had to redirect to find the propper theme but got that done after a while.

Everything looks good except shoutbox does not show post after entry.

Tried upgrading to 2.0.15 and still no joy.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

TIA
Respectfully
Mark

AD1

aegersz

Hi, the new version works very well EXCEPT the window keeps collapsing whenever i move to another page.

the member that i use to test this cannot post anything as that's how i have configured it - does that matter ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

JTVaughn

Does anyone know how to set the font colour for different themes? I have a dark theme and a light theme, with a black bg for the shoutbox and a light bg for the shoutbox, but I don't know how to set specific colours for the chat font for each theme so both can be readable (at the minute the black font is fine for the light theme, but is then invisible for the dark theme)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: JTVaughn on February 09, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
Does anyone know how to set the font colour for different themes? I have a dark theme and a light theme, with a black bg for the shoutbox and a light bg for the shoutbox, but I don't know how to set specific colours for the chat font for each theme so both can be readable (at the minute the black font is fine for the light theme, but is then invisible for the dark theme)

I do not know if it is possible what you are asking for, in any case it requires some specific knowledge to be able to adapt to each theme you have ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Vincenz0

Hello guys.

I am trying to upgrade from 1.0.14 to 1.1 and i ran into some problem.

All works good in theory except the admin panel for the shoutbox whenever I open it, all fields remain empty and in my error log are the following errors:

http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=shoutbox
8: Undefined index: banned
/var/www/forum/Themes/default/Shoutbox.template.php
Line: 43

8: Undefined index: can_post
Line: 64

Line: 91

Line: 220

8: Undefined index: can_moderate
Line: 166

I have no clue what i can do about this problem. I tried to look into the php file but it seems quite normal it makes no sence.

I went through the procedure many times, uninstall first the old shoutbox version, removing all tables in the database and double checking that.

install the shoutbox version 1.1, allow it to build the database, all tables look good.

Shoutbox works good, except the admin panel.

I probably should mention, I'm trying to migrate to a new cloud hosting solution and its running on php 7.1 and mysql 5.7

Any ideas?

Vincenz0

Also another question..

Why does it need so many cookies?

shoutbox_b
shoutbox_color
shoutbox_i
shoutbox_nosound
shoutbox_u

All those cookies are from the shoutbox, raising the cookie count for our smf forum from 2 to 7, with the EU laws about cookies its pain enough..

Any remedy ?

Nibogo

In the free version each cookie is used to store each button status. Nothing to do unless you know Javascript and PHP well enough to merge them all like the pro version does.

Steve

The pro version is worth every penny imo ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Vincenz0

I bought the pro version and will install it soon, will report back if there are any problems with it.

Steve

The pro version gets excellent support at Nibogo's website.
DO NOT pm me for support!

KungFuJoe

I have the paid version, but my support contract ended and the latest version I have is 1.1.3.  I'm also haviong the issue of messages disappearing after hitting Enter...after moving my site to a different host.

Main difference is PHP7 vs PHP5...could that be part of the issue?

efk

Hey guys, how to make links to work in shoutbox? It happens very often that lines with links are empty.

Advertisement: