Strange problem with one topic

Started by Kraken, October 21, 2008, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraken

I wanted to make a post into one topic. Because the attachments that i wanted to upload was bigger than the file size settings, i decided to post first, change the settings and modify the post to add the attachments.
After this, the screen goes blank.
All the other topics works, new posts works, but when i go to this post, or the page that have this post (the post is at the 3rd page of the topic), the screen goes blank always. [I am using SMF 2.0 Beta 4].
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

insanehsp

Is the error if you want to view the post, or edit and upload a file?

May be the Filesize is too high for your PHP-Options (if you want tu upload. It is necessary, that your php.ini is correct adjusted.

(sry, for the english)
Werde zum Hörspielsprecher: Hoerspielprojekt.de
ODER
Besuche das Hörspiel-Forum: Hoertalk.de

Kraken

Tnx for your answer. The image was ~2.3mg and when i upload it, it goes blank.
However, the strange is this, when i go to read the post, every time the page goes blank!!!
Only for me. If i login with another username, i can read the post...
Only if i delete the attachment, i can view the post without the page goes blank again.

greyknight17

If your host allows it, you can try modifying your .htaccess file to have higher values for the following:

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 10M

You may replace 10 with a higher number if your attachments are larger than that.

You might want to ask your host to do this if you are not sure how to do this or whether it worked or not.

sacp

I have the same problem sometimes.

Sometimes works, another times its goes blank. No user, not even me (administrator and not the photo poster) can see the last page of the topic.  I have to remove the attachment through phpmyadmin :( and it goes back to normal.

It just happen again, the photo was 3000x2000 and a size of 500kb.

my php configuration on cpanel says attachment can be up to 10M. I can't edit any parapemeters in this page, it's only for information.

Sarge

Kraken, is the issue still happening?

sacp, please start your own topic. :)

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Advertisement: