News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

BBC Buttons don\'t work?

Started by Crasy, October 21, 2008, 08:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crasy

Anyone sure why none of the BBC buttons are working on my forum?

http://redmilkcrate.com/forum.php

Crasy

This topic has seriously slipped through the cracks.  :P

greyknight17

You mean in the reply page? Are the buttons showing up at all? If they show up but nothing happens when you click on them, you might have javascript disabled on your browser. You will need to enable it back to get the buttons working properly.

Crasy

Quote from: greyknight17 on October 25, 2008, 06:37:41 PM
You mean in the reply page? Are the buttons showing up at all? If they show up but nothing happens when you click on them, you might have javascript disabled on your browser. You will need to enable it back to get the buttons working properly.

Buttons are showing.
Buttons work on every other forum I visit. Just not on my own. Javascript isn't disabled.

Many members confirm this anomaly as a global issue.

greyknight17

Provide us a test account and also a list of mods you have installed (if any).

Crasy

1.     SMF Media Gallery      1.0.2       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    SMF Arcade    2.5 Beta 1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Referrals Mod    2.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF Articles    1.0.1.3    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Username: Test
Password: hohum

Edit: My site is currently down due to server issues.

Until I post again in this topic...looking at my site may be useless. I'm waiting until I can get a recent backup for my forum too. If my site is online when you check this post you may be looking at a 2 week old archive of my board. (Which might even be a 1.1.6 version of my board)

greyknight17

Still down...:(

I suggest making your own backups frequently. I never rely solely on my webhosts for my backups. Things can go wrong and data will be loss.

Crasy

Quote from: greyknight17 on November 01, 2008, 10:23:02 PM
Still down...:(

I suggest making your own backups frequently. I never rely solely on my webhosts for my backups. Things can go wrong and data will be loss.

I do make my own backups. Dreamhost is just being extremely silly. If I uploaded any files I assumed they would overwrite them with a 2 week old backup when they restored my files.
Then they waited 24 hours before finally clarifying "Oh, by the way, we won't overwrite your own backups"
Thanks Dreamhostttt (needless to say, I'm moving my business soon)

Anyways. Site is back online.
And assistance still needed.

greyknight17

Go into /Themes/default/scripts and confirm that a file called editor.js exists there and should be around 47.3kb in size. If you want, try uploading a new copy of that file there to see if it helps.

Also, is this happening to all your themes including the default SMF theme?

Crasy

Quote from: greyknight17 on November 03, 2008, 10:13:37 PM
Go into /Themes/default/scripts and confirm that a file called editor.js exists there and should be around 47.3kb in size. If you want, try uploading a new copy of that file there to see if it helps.

Also, is this happening to all your themes including the default SMF theme?

File existed.
Uploaded a new, clean file.
Cleared cache. Retried.
Didn't work.
Set theme to default, tried again.
Still not working.

Hm.

P.S. I apologize for my slow, slow replies. I know it is nicer to deal with issues quickly from a support perspective...but school comes first ;)

Crasy

Crasy

* Crasy screams down an empty corridor.

Crasy

Blahhh. It's sinking through the cracks again.

Kermit

Hmm,it seems,there's something wrong with your template files,can you attach your Post.template.php to your next post
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Crasy

Kermit

Nothing wrong with Post.template.php,do u remember,since when are the bbc buttons not working on your site ? probably after installing a mod
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Crasy

Quote from: Duncan85 on November 15, 2008, 05:35:53 PM
Nothing wrong with Post.template.php,do u remember,since when are the bbc buttons not working on your site ? probably after installing a mod

Not sure, a member pointed the error out to me.

List of mods.

1. SMF Media Gallery      1.0.2       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Referrals Mod    2.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

I had a silly issue with the SMF Arcade mod in the past though, regarding uninstalling it. This was after the error I believe.

Kermit

I see actually just one solution,you've just installed 2 mods,that's why it would be not a big lost for your site,if you renew all your template files of your custom theme ( but don't forget to backup,before you renew them)
My Mods

A. Einstein

Crasy

Quote from: Duncan85 on November 15, 2008, 06:02:37 PM
I see actually just one solution,you've just installed 2 mods,that's why it would be not a big lost for your site,if you renew all your template files of your custom theme ( but don't forget to backup,before you renew them)

I have a strong feeling that the issue IS my custom theme though.

Simply because I created it myself(well, I took a 1.1.6 theme and made it 2.0B4)...and my experience with skin making..is..well..minimal.

Kermit

That will be a possible reason,try to change your theme to default theme,than you will see,if it's a theme related problem
My Mods

A. Einstein

Advertisement: