Easy insertion of Images in post

Started by crackyblue, November 03, 2008, 02:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackyblue

Hi,

I think this has been already answered, but is there a way to insert images on my post(s) that comes directly from my PC and manipulate it via the editor? Ive seen some of this feature(s) on some blog sites.  I only get a dialog box which wants me to enter a URL of the image, but its somewhere in my PC, and i dont want the hassle of putting those images on photobucket, etc.

Thanks for any info on this matter

N3RVE

Hello crackyblue,
You can insert images into posts using the attachments feature.
See: Posting
For the manipulation aspect, currently, you can use BB Codes to alter the height, width, etc

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

crackyblue

Yeah, i am already using it, thanks.  But as you can see attachments are attachments and they dont actually work well visually on your post. 

Ok, why am I asking this? it seems I have a blog-like manner using simplemachines but most of my users are not computer savvy, they dont like learning BB Codes or other things, they just want pure simple blogging where they can simply add image to there post, whether its wrapped, center, right, or left along with images and see the comments.

I wish the editor would be like those found on joomla editors, tinymce or jce, where you can insert images directly from your PC.  But since technology works forward, i know simplemachine's brighttest people on nethood can produce such a thing.  Thank you

greyknight17

Something like what this mod can do? It looks like it will allow them to attach it from their computer and have it displayed inline with the message body :)

Oldiesmann

Quote from: greyknight17 on November 03, 2008, 10:08:44 PM
Something like what this mod can do? It looks like it will allow them to attach it from their computer and have it displayed inline with the message body :)

Yep. That's exactly what that mod does. One of the forums I help out with uses that and it works well.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: