News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Quote link doesn't work

Started by koolwater, October 22, 2008, 07:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koolwater

The quote link works for some users and for others they get this message every time they try to use it -

An Error Has Occurred!
The post you are trying to quote either does not exist, was deleted, or is no longer viewable by you.

They get that same error on every message they try to quote.

Any suggestion I can give my users that the quote button does not work for?

Thanks

SlammedDime

Can you provide a link to your site?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

koolwater

Thanks for the reply,  here is the link

hxxp:4reelfishing.net/messageboard/index.php [nonactive]

greyknight17

I wonder if it could just be posts that are "out of sync". Go into Admin->Forum Maintenance and run the following:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.

Try using the quote feature on those posts that were giving you problems earlier. See if that fixes the problem.

SlammedDime

Are you hosted on GoDaddy?

I can't connect to your site, getting a very familiar message that mysql server connection was dropped.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

koolwater

Yes it is hosted by godaddy,  is that bad?

koolwater

Quote from: greyknight17 on October 25, 2008, 11:05:19 AM
I wonder if it could just be posts that are "out of sync". Go into Admin->Forum Maintenance and run the following:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.

Try using the quote feature on those posts that were giving you problems earlier. See if that fixes the problem.
I tried that and it still will not work for two of my members

Rumbaar

Can you list your mods?  I'm sure some of those javascript based mods might be interfering with the forums quote javascript functions.

What is the common thing with these two people?  Browser? Internet Security/Proxy/Firewall software?  Ad blocking?  Do they get any script errors?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

picture

This happened to one of my forums once after we converted from vbulletin. Have you converted your board or done any sort of large scale migration or integration with other CMS? Might be the reason...

Rumbaar

Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?

Also what does this do in your forum?
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="javascript" src="http://www. qksz.net/1e-cfsp"> </SCRIPT>
Many times ad based javascript mess up the normal functionality of SMF javascript, which the quote feature is reliant on.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: