Registration problem

Started by xconnect, October 24, 2008, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xconnect

I upgraded from 1.1.6 to 2.0 Beta 4 and I noticed that although new members appear in the info center they are not activating their accounts. So I tried to sign up and after I agree to the terms and hit ok I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!

I checked my email and I never received an activation code so I tried to resend it with no luck.

Any help with this would be so appreciated.

Edit: I looked through the error log and noticed this:

Unable to load the 'EmailTemplates.english-utf8' language file

Could this be it? And if so what doI need to do?  :)

greyknight17

Is there anything in your forum error log? Does any of the other email functions in the forum work?

Go to your mail settings in the admin panel and confirm that the settings there are correct. You can also try using SMTP to test it out if you know the connection information.

xconnect

I sent myself a test email and it was sent.  Since I updated I have over 100,000 errors in my log now. But this one looks like it might be the problem:

Unable to load the 'EmailTemplates.english-utf8' language file

I just tried to request a lost password to see what that would do and got this error:

The email template "forgot_password" could not be found.

Thanks for helping.

greyknight17

Are you using English UTF8 in your forum? If not, go to Admin > Server Settings and make sure that the default forum language is set to English only and not english-utf8 or any other language.

xconnect

Advertisement: