Odd Admin menu behavior

Started by jwrooker, October 24, 2008, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwrooker

I started with SMF 1.1.5, upgraded to 1.1.6 and this week upgraded that installation to 2.04 Beta using the larger upgrade package.  When logged in my admin account, some items are missing in the admin section, and the Moderate tab is missing from the navigation menu.  If I go into the admin section/server settings/core configuration and simply click on SAVE, everything is fine.  The missing items in the admin area are back and the Moderate tab is there.  This happens with all three supplied themes.  I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any assistance!

jwrooker

Issue resolved..please disregard!

Thanks!

greyknight17

Glad you resolved the issue. Care to share the solution? ;)  This may help others with similar problems.

jwrooker

After upgrading from 1.16 to 2.00 Beta 4, I noticed that the English utf8 files did not update.  In 1.1.6, that was my default language.  I changed the system default language to English in the admin settings.  This morning, I noticed that there were two choices for English and 2.04 was not distinguishing between English and English-utf8, just calling them both English.  So, what was happening is that my personal profile was set to the wrong English and that was causing my problems.  Every time I would save the core configuration, it would force my personal settings to the correct English files, but when I would log off and log in again, my profile settings took precedence.  So, by changing the other -other- English in my profile, everything is happy again.   

chapter79

Thank you for sharing that because that was the problem I seem to have had and actually a kind member mentioned it on another thread but I couldn't understand because my core was set to English. So I actually dismissed it as an issue.
I was about to post but thought I'd search through posts here to check if anyone had the same issue.

So now I know 'core settings' and your own personal language settings on your profile need to be the same. In my case just 'English'

It's good to share solutions so thanks x

Advertisement: