Profile edit - minor text change but doing my head in!

Started by willerby, October 29, 2008, 06:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willerby

Seem to be getting the hang of this PHP editing lark but occasionally I struggle to find the correct language php file for a piece of text that I'd like to customise.

Having successfully changed the the users 'Location' label on the Users Profile to read 'Location (County)' to try and get members to limit to standard UK Counties, this then reverts back to just 'Location' on the profile edit screen - the very part when I'd like to be suggesting they enter just a County! I have emptied cache and refreshed but suspect it is picking up a different text file from another folder.

For the life of me I can't find it. The profile edit section of profile.english.php has some sort  of coded loop that is picking up fields for this form from elsewhere so it doesn't give a novice like me too many clues...

Any ideas or help really appreciated...

What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

willerby

greyknight17

Welcome to SMF.

What did you do to resolve the issue? Other users may experience similar problems and this may help them out. Did you clear the files in the /cache folder?

willerby

Simple error. I thought I had changed the Location text field but actually I'd ended up adding a new text field called Location_County and left the original Location text intact as I wanted that to remain just as 'Location' when displaying in the Message profile side box.

That was all fine except I forgot I'd done this then noticed other parts of SMF were picking up the original Location file instead of the new County based label - eg on registration and on profile edit.

Dumb!

Advertisement: