News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ctrl+Arrow Keys in Text Entry

Started by Tunga, November 11, 2008, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunga

My new SMF 2 beta 4 install has a problem.  I can't use Ctrl + Arrow Keys to move through the text in entry boxes a word at a time.  Not all text boxes do it, Quick Reply does and Search does, but normal Reply doesn't.  Also this forum here doesn't do it.  Is this a known bug?  Or any ideas?  Can provide more details, just tell me what you need to know.  Site is www.bottleortree.co.uk.

Thanks.

Tunga

Quick update on this.  The only box it doesn't happen on seems to be the WYSIWIG editor (I guess this has different code).  I don't see any other reports of this and it doesn't happen on any other forum.  It occurs on all themes and with all browsers (FF3 and IE7) so it definitely seems to be a forum issue.  I am running PortaMx but it was happeneing before I installed that.  Can anyone suggest anything?  Even just tell me what code covers that functionality and I'll try recopying it to server or something?

If you want to see the behvaiour the Recruitment forum is open to Guest posting.

I'm really stuck with this :( .

Tunga

Resolved myself by randomly throwing new files at the server, looks to be an issue with PortaMx.

Advertisement: