First Post on Every Page [Now SMF 2.0.1 compatible]

Started by live627, October 31, 2008, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kermit

Quote from: Apostaganha on November 10, 2011, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: Kermit on October 23, 2011, 07:05:20 AM
Quote from: chinaren on October 23, 2011, 02:30:48 AM
Yes, please, this mod is very useful indeed.  Need it for SMF2.0.1!  Ppllleeeeeessee!

Last version works already with 2.0.1

no ti doesnt

It does,i just tested again on 2.0.1 ,so it can be only something with your forum not something with the mod
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

hcfwesker

chinaren

Thank you for updating this mod.  It's very useful. Much appreciated.
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Chas Large

HI Duncan,

Just revisiting this mod after some time. We're now on 2.0.1 but we didn't use the mod as the users were irritated that it could only be disabled by me on a per board basis, so it was removed. Remember this...

Quote from: Chas Large on June 06, 2009, 10:19:50 AM
Hi Duncan,
Installed and works great on my 1.1.9. Many thanks.
Any idea how far off the board by board option would be, that's all I need, the option to enable/disable by board rather then a global switch as now.
Thanks
Chas.

So I thought now would be the time to see how far you'd come with it. It installs OK on my 2.0.1 test forum so that's good. What would make it even better (for my forum members) is the ability for them to disable or minimise it on a per user basis, a bit like they can hide the Quick Reply area if they have it enabled or the top of the forum area, if you see what I mean.

Is that a possibility?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

hcfwesker

I'm still hoping for the board permission, as well.   It does get tedious and looks bland to sticky all posts in a section that you need the first post on every page.

That sugestion also sounds fantatstic.  It could make first posts in a box header above replies, like a global announcement, and could be minimized by members if they chose to do so, with an upshrink button like the info center, or as you put it, the QR box.

+1 from me.

Biology Forums

Interesting modification. Is it possible only to show the message and not all the extraneous information such as the posters name, number of posts, etc?

hcfwesker

Quote from: shuban on December 03, 2011, 06:37:52 PM
Interesting modification. Is it possible only to show the message and not all the extraneous information such as the posters name, number of posts, etc?

That was actually how the MOD originally worked, just displayed the members name, with no mini-profile info, until the 1.4 updated package.  I still have the old 1.3 package, if you want to try it.  i'll attach it below, but you'll ahve to emulate down to RC5, but maybe not.

If it doesn't work for you, just uninstall, and reinstall the 1.4 you originally had and see maybe someone else can help you remove that information. 

Biology Forums

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 03, 2011, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: shuban on December 03, 2011, 06:37:52 PM

That was actually how the MOD originally worked, just displayed the members name, with no mini-profile info, until the 1.4 updated package.  I still have the old 1.3 package, if you want to try it.  i'll attach it below, but you'll ahve to emulate down to RC5, but maybe not.

If it doesn't work for you, just uninstall, and reinstall the 1.4 you originally had and see maybe someone else can help you remove that information.

I installed this one and it still does the same thing, adds all the information.

hcfwesker

It did on the first page of posts, but pages 2,3 and up it didnt.  Unless I'm either mistaken or I don't have the old package like I thought.  sorry

Biology Forums

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 03, 2011, 10:53:48 PM
It did on the first page of posts, but pages 2,3 and up it didnt.  Unless I'm either mistaken or I don't have the old package like I thought.  sorry

Thanks anyway, anyone else? :-\

Kermit

Quote from: Chas Large on December 03, 2011, 05:00:55 AM
HI Duncan,

Just revisiting this mod after some time. We're now on 2.0.1 but we didn't use the mod as the users were irritated that it could only be disabled by me on a per board basis, so it was removed. Remember this...

Quote from: Chas Large on June 06, 2009, 10:19:50 AM
Hi Duncan,
Installed and works great on my 1.1.9. Many thanks.
Any idea how far off the board by board option would be, that's all I need, the option to enable/disable by board rather then a global switch as now.
Thanks
Chas.

I've added this option in v1.5,you can choose in which boards it should be active and for the ones who wants to make it for specific topic,there is also an option for only sticky topics,so you can just make the topic sticky and other topics will work normally without showing first post on every page
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Branko.

Translation to serbian latin, serbian cyrillic and croatian iso/utf8 only for 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Kermit

Quote from: Apostaganha on December 09, 2011, 12:58:47 PM
I still dont have the install option for 2.01 version :s

The option is in the same place,where you enable the mod
My Mods

A. Einstein

Kermit

It's even not my mod ,it was the mod which my mod was based on ^^
My Mods

A. Einstein

Advertisement: