SMF Post Prefix

Started by Diego Andrés, May 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Found a small quirk (bug?) ...

When in the topic list with the prefixes showing and you double click on the topic title of any topic and change anything in the title, the prefix disappears.

You have to go to the topic, modify the first post and without doing anything (except making sure the prefix you want is chosen) save it. Then all is well again.
Please do not PM me for support.

Julius_2000

I get a blank page when I try to load any "parse" for the Manual Installation info in the package tab of the mod's download site.

Diego Andrés

I'll pass it on, thanks.

In any case, this mod doesn't have instructions really as it uses hooks.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

Hey Diego, is it possible to use two prefixes in the same topic title? I tried creating a prefix with the two prefixes I want but I got a 'string too long' error.

Diego Andrés

No it's not possible.
Not sure how you manage to do that  :o

If it allowed multiple prefixes, it wouldn't be a prefix mod, it would be a labels mod.

Steve

Makes sense. I tried making a prefix of 'New York & New Jersey' and that's when I got the error.

But you're right, of course, doing that would be outside the intent of your mod (which I think is brilliant btw).

Diego Andrés

It's alright.
The issue with the string might be because it's limited to 25 characters... Might be an inconvenience but I thought it reasonable at the time since some like to write extremely long titles.

Advertisement: