News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Trying to put the chat module on top of my portal page, it's not happening. When I put it center it goes to the left. When I put it top or bottom it doesn't show up at all.

Quoteminorleaguelegends.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

vbgamer45

It it html code?
If so make sure you disable html editor or post the code just in html mode.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

njtweb

Hi vbgamer. No this is a default ezportal block, (Shoutbox). I can only put it on the left or right size and if I put it in center it assigns itself to the left size for whatever reason.

vbgamer45

Can you do a screenshot. I just see view shoutbox history link in your portal right now.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Screenshot attached. Where you see the shoutbox history is where the shoutbox is. Its turned off to guests. I can only put the shoutbox on the left or right side of the forum index of ezportal. I can't put it on top of the forum index where I want to put it.

vbgamer45

What happens when it is on top or in center?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Doesn't show up at all when its situated in the top and bottom block. It places itself to the left column when it's situated in the center block. See attached.

vbgamer45

Hmm ok will need to look into that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

I guess it's got to be my theme or possibly plugin conflict. I tried both the other portals, simple portal screws up the "similar topics" plugin and tinyportal is all over the place. I put this one back on, I guess I'll just deal with the chat where it is.

Any chance you'll be updating the chat to ajax? Seems odd the entire site refreshes when a shout is posted.

vbgamer45

Shoutbox possibly I had asked people to build me one but no one every replied :(
I think there is a setting though to use iframe for refreshing.

Chat location have to see why it doesn't appear in top bottom areas that is odd

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Ok, and no there isn't any other setting for the shoutbox.

vbgamer45

Under ezportal -> settings there is a bunch of options

Enable Shoutbox
Show date on shoutbox
Show shout history link
Hide says on shoutbox
Hide admin delete shout entry
Number of items to show per page on shoutbox history
Show BBC box icons for shoutbox
Show smilies on shoutbox
Shoutbox refresh time in seconds

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

SMF 2.1 Beta 3 testers needed. Made a couple small changes for it
File attached

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

New major update!
+ezPortal is now responsive For SMF 2.0.x. Works best if you have the responsive curve mod found here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4040 Thanks to Antes for the hard that went into doing this major update.
To use the responsive mode under ezportal settings check the responsive mode option
+Added new option on a block to hide on mobile devices
+Added support content encoded in the RSS feed block for atom based feeds
+ezPortal modules are now updated better in synce with latest versions on smfhacks.com
!Fixed bug if disabled ezportal for mobile not showing boardindex on mobile device - You need to uninstall ezportal and then reinstall to get this fix.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

crobbe

My Ezportal still shows on Ipad even though the box "Disable ezPortal for mobile devices based on user agent" is checked.

The rightside banner and the Goldbroker stuff is Ezportal stuff :) This is from a mobilemodview.

Problem - solution?

vbgamer45

What ezPortal version are you using?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

crobbe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 10, 2016, 11:21:54 AM
What ezPortal version are you using?

Currently on 3.0.3

vbgamer45

can you try the latest verison unistall old version then install the new one

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

crobbe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 10, 2016, 12:57:38 PM
can you try the latest verison unistall old version then install the new one

When I am about to uninstall i get sevral errors, see below.

Should i continue?

Kindred

only if you can manually make those changes to remove the ezportal code...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: