ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiribulus

Please forgive this boneheaded question which I have a feeling has been answered somewhere in this sprawling topic, but can we just install this update over the older version?

vbgamer45

Yes, you can. Unless i meson it in the update that is always the case
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Tiribulus

Plus

recent topic
board news
not work on front page ??
Help ?

vbgamer45

It should work What happens?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Shoutbox now respects post bans
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
+For SMF 2.0 better caching of data for the following ezBlocks: Stats ezBlocks, Whos Online, Recent Posts, and Recent Topics
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

SMFHacks.com Team

4.1a
+Added support for SMF 2.1 RC1
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

SMFHacks.com Team

Another update
+More changes/improvements for SMF 2.1.x
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

landyvlad

So it's been a while since I've used EZPortal.

I run TinyPortal on a 2.0.15 forum, but I use SMF Gallery Pro and SMF Downloads mods as I find these pretty good.

I am starting a 2.1 forum (currently 2.1 RC1), just setting it up, and wondering is there is any advantage to me in using EZPortal as opposed to TP. (I plan to use the SMF gallery and downloads mods on this new forum as well)

I think EZ has as many block location options as TP?

I don't know all that much about 'articles' and how they work in TP or EZ but I wonder can they carry over.
eg if there are articles in a forum using TP, and the forum switches to EZ, do all those articles get retained and reused?

Thanks

P.S. Also why is there almost no mention of ezportal on the SMF Hacks website? It's not in the menu on the LHS for example...
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Antes

Current ezPortal template is not compatible with SMF 2.1, wait a day or two I'll send a new file to vbgamer.

Also: ezPortal is not loading ezportal.css in SMF 2.1 version.

vbgamer45

Thanks Antes!!

landyvlad articles are not built in. I do have an articles mod but have to update it 2.1
ezPortal is a separate project so I have it's own website instead having it on smfhacks.com

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Ah Ok thanks on all fronts.

edit: LOl it's been so long I just realised I am actually registered on that forum !
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Antes

Good news, template revision finished...Bad news, I made a mistake and now ezPortal is not containing content in #column2... This only occurs outside of main page.
I couldn't figure out the solution in my limited time :/ Apologies for that...

vbgamer45

Thanks Antes! Will get this added right away. Will see what I can figure out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Antes

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 14, 2019, 01:52:57 PM
Thanks Antes! Will get this added right away. Will see what I can figure out.

I actually couldn't figure out how you handle left & center... :D :D Probably I deleted some code while cleaning the HTML part... which also handles the center container for everything :P sorry about that.

vbgamer45

Yeah little tricky since people can have areas on and off for columns and then the center column.
Maybe compare to what we did in SMF 2.0??

Here is what I have so far packaged it up and added a few things.
Beta release (not for use yet on SMF 2.1)
4.5beta
+Responsive added to SMF 2.1 thanks to Antes it is default setting now
+Added page icon setting for SMF 2.1.x for extra pages
!Fixed twitter tweets embed code.

So yeah just have to figure out the columns then should be good.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Antes

Still don't take this as "Fully Working" package requires intense testing BUT my basic tests shows I fixed the issue I introduced. Just overwrite the files if you already installed.

A bug maybe?: Home page has no title & creating error

vbgamer45

Fixed the homepage title and the menu block error
Still looks a little odd will pm my site attached updated

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The Wizard

Hello vbgamer45:

My Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.15
Theme: ostara2
EzPortal:  Latest Version: 4.1.1
I created a 1 page so far.

Issue: main menu between the search button and the admin button there is a space and when I move my mouse pointer into that space a orange bar appears http://www.pluto3.epizy.com/bug.jpg When I click on it I get taken to the page I created.

Am I missing a button link? or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks for taking this time to help.
Wiz

Advertisement: