News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Hmm
I was hoping to see if this css added
white-space: normal;

Would have worked
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Beowulf1976

I installed ezportal and now my forum is completely broken, and I don't know how to "uninstall" it using cPanel file manager as I can no longer access admin or anything on the forum.

When installing it didn't give me any warnings of discrepancies in files, it installed like a dream, it decided to die when I tried to edit settings and set it up.

Is someone able to show me the files I need to edit and delete, or can someone come and help me fix it? :)

(EDIT: I cannot just roll back the version using backups as I haven't done one today and I've changed a lot since my initial backup :/ )

"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

vbgamer45

What type of section did you add if you remember?

To fix via ftp from you forum goto to packages/backups
Find beforezportal

Download that zip file. Extract the contents then upload the contents to your board via ftp. That will undo ezportal.

Other option would involve reversing edits that ezPortal made https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html which you can use if you upload ezportal zip file to

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Beowulf1976

I didn't get to add any, I was in the first page of the settings lol.

I don't think my issue is JUST ezportal, but it was ezportal that made it impossible to "undo" whatever I did when it died.

I'll try what you suggested and see how I get on :)
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Beowulf1976

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 23, 2021, 10:21:55 AM
What type of section did you add if you remember?

To fix via ftp from you forum goto to packages/backups
Find beforezportal

Download that zip file. Extract the contents then upload the contents to your board via ftp. That will undo ezportal.

Other option would involve reversing edits that ezPortal made https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html which you can use if you upload ezportal zip file to

In short, it didn't fix it. I ensured that I selected to overwrite, I can see in file manager that the files are tonight's versions, but I'm no better off, still have no forum any more.

vbgamer45

strange... smf 2.0?  if so would check with package paraer to make sure no edits left gor expirtal

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Beowulf1976

I did all the instructions in the parser to uninstall, I then restored the database from the day before, and I now have the forum back. I'm tempted to try again so I've made a backup now so I have an up to date back up to refer to should it break again.

Edit smf 2.0.18

Beowulf1976

"
Sorry, that didn't work.
Please try again or come back later.
500 Error. Internal Server Error."

It installed with no errors, no files to edit, nothing, soon as I press save at the bottom, I get the text above.

I installed all as according to instructions, and all broke some aspect of my forum (tried trouble shooting by removing all but your mods and still broken. )

Edited to remove some unnecessary parts as requested by author. -Lex

vbgamer45

What do you mean by hit "save" on what page?? I haven't seen that happen.. If all mods are breaking your forum there is something wrong with your setup as I have had tens of thousands of installs without that reported issue and other people would be reporting it as well.  I just retested the latest release on a clean forum and had no issues.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Beowulf1976

When it says it has installed I clicked on the redirect which gave me the first page of ezportal where I selected various options, then there was a save button right at the bottom, that's exactly when it writes my forum off.

The forum is brand new, it was installed by softaculous and I've been installing mods and setting it up.

Ezportal was the only one of your mods that was easy install, I know why they normally fail, it is because they find unexpected code where they need to write their bit, I know this is due to other mods adding code at that point. I'm aware that making the manual changes to the files makes them all play nicely. (I'm obviously aware you know this, I'm showing I know this)

vbgamer45

I would need to know what page you were on? I tried the save settings page and adding a block. Both worked fine on my test forum.  Like what pages worked and what was the page that it failed along with the options selected.
I would check your apache error log and forum error log.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Beowulf1976

I uninstalled a LOT of mods to ensure they were not causing problems, and then tried ezportal again, and it did the same thing.

So either you have an incompatibility with one of my remaining mods, that seems to do nothing the same as your mod, (can't tell you other mods installed as I can't access admin or anything any longer)  or my original install is a balls up.

As I've barely done anything towards it, I'll wipe the entire forum off the server, and start again.

I can't tell you what page it was or what I checked etc, because my severe long term and short term memory loss has already wiped the page from my mind. I remember it saying it installed, then I chose to redirect, so whatever it redirects to, then I checked boxes, no idea which ones. That's as far as I can tell you.

I'll create a brand new install and only add ezportal, if it does it AGAIN then I know your mod doesn't like my softaculous install, or it doesn't like my server/host :)

Beowulf1976

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 24, 2021, 09:48:44 AM
forum error log.

Do you mean the forum error log that I can't access because it totally broke my entire install? I'd love to know how I'm meant to magick my way around that one.

vbgamer45

Database smf_log_errors you can access the table. What is odd that you can only get the format back if you restore the database instead of just removing the files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Beowulf1976

So I totally erased public_html after removing the forum via softaculous, I have now done a fresh forum install and will try ezportal again as the only mod installed. I will screenshot the page that I previously pressed save on, before pressing save so I have exact details in case it somehow borks again.

Beowulf1976

I have to hang my head in shame.

I did exactly what I did the three times I tried and it borked, only this time it worked, so there MUST have been an issue with another mod, I can try and look at my smf mods downloads on my iPad to see which were installed when it was breaking?

Although I fear it was more likely another mod that was breaking it due to some kind of incompatibility.

I did what I hate people doing, I jumped to conclusions. Made totally wrong assumptions. I am truly sorry for my crappy behaviour. I am ashamed.

I will redact the crappy comments from that reply but state in that reply why I redacted.

Thanks for not ripping me to pieces when I sat there being the female dog from hell.

I am adding the screenshot of the page I was talking about, I have the same options selected again this time.

Edit, I can't redact what I said as the modify window timed out, nor can I delete it, I'm truly sorry, I'll report it to a moderator for removal

vbgamer45

No worries, glad it was figured out. I would like to know which mod caused the issue. So we can see how it broke.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Minor update
!Fixed edit block custom css class name display for SMF 2.1
+Updated copyright links to link to https://

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Johnny Thunder

Good morning everyone. I am after a little help if possible.
I have installed EzPortal and I think I am getting to grips with it.
Our forum has a background image. Is there a way for me to add a solid coloured background
to the blocks so that the text can be seen?

Thank you.

vbgamer45

I would do a custom css class and add it to your to the index.css
Then assign it to the block style using the custom css class feature on the block.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: