Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: vivithemage on December 01, 2008, 04:21:03 PM
looks good so far!

but I am wondering : will I have the option to have my board/forums in a seperate directory?

like this ..

root/board

and within the board, is obviously, my SMF installation, and in root, would have my index and portal files? Is this possible?
Not currently maybe in the future if I create a version that does not require SMF but intergrate's with various forum software.

Quote from: rparlett on December 01, 2008, 10:31:27 AM
I use a dynamic width theme. It looks like ezPortal only supports fixed width themes at this point?
Correct right now ezColumns are fixed width, percent based would make a good feature request/idea for next version
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

i just installed on local, smf beta 4.0 and this is what i get (see attached)

source code showing, and nothing was active.. i went to the error log and it showed the same thing..

didnt want to push things, so killed the tables in the db, and run a fresh upgraded pack of smf files..

is what im seeing normal for the beta? should i try it again or??

just wondering..  ;)

easyphp 2.0 if that helps and again i get the cache-folder was NOT writable, as you can see in the screen shot i took.. all files should be writeable when using a local environment.. btw.. do you have a viewing for the way your beta looks vbgamer?  :)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

vbgamer45

open up ezportal.template.php find <? change to <?php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

thanks vbgamer.. i knew there was something off and at 4am, im not digging  :P

will give it a run for the money and see..

thanks!  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

sakura1998

Thanks all - I'm fixed for this one (I got the guys who are building the sites for my schools to fix it for me :))

That was a pretty scary one, though...  (for a noob - I thought I'd done everything right and backed up the forum beforehand, but then I found that the backup/restore utility won't work right with my flavor of dbase - postgreSQL - either)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

same thing vbgamer..  :o

anything else you can think of??  :)

going to have to do the same thing i did for removal as well.. i cant get to the packages either and the folder isnt writeable still.. so guess i will wait a while, like tp.. no biggie, i need to get my other customers taken care of, so.. maybe later..  :'(

vbgamer45

That should fix that issue if you edit the ezportal.template.php Posting an update tonight

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Minor bug fix release
!Fixed bug with with template files using <? instead of <?php causing error in some installs
!Fixed bug with ratings text for some ezBlocks were there is no rating yet
!Fixed SMF Arcade ezBlock for SMF 2.0
!Fixed undefined error $forum_version for 1.1.x

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

that didnt fix it vbgamer..

i wish it had as i have a client that wants it on his site..

he is a big fan of yours.. ;)

vbgamer45

Can you try deleting those template files and see what happens.

Then if you get unable to load template
Then copy the new files from the zip file to the themes folder.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Dazza0101

Hi vbgamer45,

Sorry but there seems to be a problem with your mod, if you see this thread it may be more helpful to understand the problems I am having http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=170813.new;topicseen#new

My site is here http://www.silicontronics.com

Thank you for any help, please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist, :D

Dazza0101. :)
My new electronics forum.
http://www.silicontronics.com
For the electronic engineer to anyone who has an interest in electronics.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Dazza0101 on December 04, 2008, 05:50:42 AM
Hi vbgamer45,

Sorry but there seems to be a problem with your mod, if you see this thread it may be more helpful to understand the problems I am having http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=170813.new;topicseen#new

My site is here http://www.silicontronics.com

Thank you for any help, please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist, :D

Will work on a fix for it this weekend.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dazza0101

That's great I will patiently await a fix, :D I have found this mob to be the most useful to me. ;)

Oh I probably should have mentioned, I have the previous version installed on my live site, the same problem exists on my test site using the latest version, I am not sure if this is important to know or not.

I am unable to uninstall the old version to install the new, because I receive error messages when trying to uninstall, I don't mind keeping the old version installed it does all that I need.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

QuoteCan you try deleting those template files and see what happens.

Then if you get unable to load template
Then copy the new files from the zip file to the themes folder.

tried that and same thing vbgamer.. will play with it..  ;)

vbgamer45

Update!

!Fixed bug with xml functions in the forum
!Fixed shoutbox expanding if someone inputs a long text such as a link
+Added Column Percent option for column width
+Added Tag Cloud ezBlock uses Tagging System for Topics

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Smoky "Rider" Blue

will try again vbgamer... once im finished with a few more clients..

thanks for working on this..  ;)

Dazza0101

Do I have to uninstall the old version first before installing the new?, as I cannot uninstall the old version without receiving error messages.

Thank you for any help,

Dazza0101.

vbgamer45

Nope you can just install the latest version it contains built in upgrade

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bulakbol

I was making my SuperAdmin mod to support SimplePortal and ezPortal (this mod) and found an extra dollar sign attached to one of ezPortal's variables. It will log an error if a member choose to be invisible online. Subs-ezPortalMain.php (line 894) and Subs-ezPortalMain2.php (line 895).
$$totalHiddenMembers++;
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Advertisement: