News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Thanks for finding that issue! Have it fixed for the next update.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ke4obt

Hey VBGamer,

I tryed to make a custom block and realy messed up my site, in fact i locked up my site.
what i need to know is there a way to go to the database and drop that patickuler block. the block in question is a custom php block in the center collum in fact it's the only block in the center, so i need to know where to go to edit the db.
thanks for any help, as a blind user i can use all the help i can get.

flip

ps. what's bad is that i'm the only one who sees the erar as the block is visable to me only as admin.
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

vbgamer45

Open up the database and check  and look in the ezp_block_layout  should be the very last entry in that table.

What type of error did you make was it a php syntax error? Or something else?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ke4obt

Hey VBGamer,

This is the error that i'm getting :
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'home/content/m/i/c/mickeymaam/html/ke4obt/SSI.php"' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/m/i/c/mickeymaam/html/ke4obt/Sources/Load.php(1796) : eval()'d code(1060) : eval()'d code on line 1

and i'll get back with you on the mod that i was useing and maybe you can tell me what to do for the block.
wife is on the way in to help with the db.

flip 
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

ke4obt

Gamer,
to start with, this is Mickey, Flip's wife. He asked me to apologize for his spelling, but he has NEVER been good with spelling. :D
I deleted the last TWO entries into that table because they were both for ezblock php. The first one had the "require once" stuff, the second one was blank when it came to the blockdata. Now the site works just fine again. THANK YOU!!!
This is the mod Flip was working with: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=654. He was wanting to make a block that works with this mod, but that didn't quite work the way he wanted it to. :(
We use several of your mods and right now, we're trying to figure out how to use the ezportal page thing. I haven't really looked at it, I work midnights and don't have much time during the day to work on the site. Flip has "read" over the info on it and doesn't understand exactly how to work with the pages. I say "read" because actually it's his screen reader that reads it for him. So, any hints or perhaps a text tutorial (something the screen reader can read) that could help would be wonderful!! The main thing is figuring out what each item in the tool bar is and does.
Thanks for your help,
Mickey
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

ke4obt

Hey, Gamer (or whoever can help me),
got a question - I'm working with a stand-alone weather program Ham Weather, and would like to be able to have a block for it that would show the site's default weather settings for guest/unlogged users and logged users who have not set up a default weather yet. Alternatively, it would show the customized weather for the users who have customized their weather settings. I'm not sure how to pull this off, but if someone could please take a peek at the above site, that would be great. We haven't even figured out how to get a link to the site in yet.
Obviously (I hope), the block would be for EZ Portal, with SMF 2.0 b4. (if the smf version really makes a difference)  :)

As always, lots of thanks,
Flip
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

Simplemind

Hello,
Last night I remove ezblocks it was ok but this morning i got this message ???
and just a blank page with that message on top Link:http://warlockshood.net/index.php [nofollow]
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/warlocks/public_html/Sources/EzPortal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/warlocks/public_html/index.php on line 175

I use smf 1.1.7  package remove ezportal : Mod Name:
ezPortal
Created By:
vbgamer45
Type:
New Feature
First Created:
October 12, 2008, 10:27:49 PM
Last Modified:
December 06, 2008, 01:44:03 PM
Latest Version:
Compatible With:
1.1.6, 1.1.7, 2.0 Beta 4
HELP :

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you removed the mod last night?

then i suggest you might have to go thru your files and do a remove manually..

to do that, open the package and read the xml file that has the edits in it..  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

vbgamer45

Download ezportal extract the zip. Copy EzPortal.php to your Sources folder to fix that issue

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kingkingston

http://www.wewantsport.com/ is my website and i had ezportal on it but tried to remove it and now my website does not even show up.

lax.slash

vbgamer45

Released an update!

+Default install now uses columns widths of 15% for left and right and center is 70%
!Fixed a couple issues with forum being small if no columns are present
+Added option to delete shoutbox entries for Admins on the forum
!Fixed expanding shoutbox for some browsers new fix
!Fixed a bug in SMF 2.0 version of the gallery blocks url.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Özgür

hey vbgamer! i used simple ssi portal. only my subdomain. i need some code for ezportal. i need recent downloads ezblock and recent articles ezblock php code.  can you help me ?
So Long

vbgamer45

Those ezBlocks are already built into ezPortal recent downloads and recent articles

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Özgür

i know this. but im not used ezportal. im used ssi portal (mine). i want use this two block code for my ssi portal.
So Long

vbgamer45

Please convert to ezPortal in order to use those blocks.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Özgür

Ok. =) but i have one question. can i use ezportal in subfolder or subdomain.

forum : site.com/forum
portal : site.com/portal or portal.site.com
So Long

vbgamer45

Not yet but I planning on making a standalone version of ezportal soon!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Özgür

thanks for to spare the time. i wait this version.
So Long

Bob461

Hello there,

I'm currently using ver 0.2.2 and would like to upgrade to 0.2.3.  How do I upgrade the mod?  I still very new to this and don't want to crash my site.

Thanks,

Advertisement: