News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

To upgrade just upload the new version and install it has built in upgrade feature.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bob461

sheryltoo

I just installed this mod and don't really have a clue what to do.
Are there any tutorials for using this mod?
And if I enable portal Homepage, how do customize that page? Can you add your own background to it? If so, how?
Sheryl

vbgamer45

Don't have any guides yet.

Main settings are setup via the settings page To enable the portal homepage.

To create layouts for the main home page you would do so under Admin -> EzPortal -> ezBlock Manager

The ezBlock Manager controls the creation of ezBlocks which you can use to form your layout for your forum. Wether you want a one, two or three column site page.

EzBlocks have many different functions and we have premade blocks that you can load into your forum.

The main settings for ezBlocks is the visible settings and permissions since that decides what page on your site the ezBlock appears and who can see it.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sheryltoo

I'll have to play around with it and see what I can figure out.
At this point, I'm not sure what to ask since I'm not really sure what all this means but when I figure something out, I may be back.
Sheryl

vbgamer45

I will try get some guides that explain more of EzPortal and include some screenshots as well for each step.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sheryltoo

sheryltoo

Just thought I'd tell you that I'm starting to figure some things out.
Now that I've played around with it a little it's starting to make sense but I do have one question.
What exactly is the shout box?
Sheryl

vbgamer45

A shoutbox is a ezBlock like a mini chatroom instead of creating a form post. It is meant for a quick chat for short sentences and only shows the recent chats.

Meant for example if you see someone online you can make a quick chat in the shoutbox and hope they would see instead of creating a forum post to say or whats up.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bkilla

Hello i'm using the updated version of ezportal i like the new layout which makes my forums fullscreen again but how can i change the size of the blocks the right side is a little bigger than the left side hxxp:shotgunmafia.com/sgmforums [nonactive] thnx :D

bkilla

One more ? also in the blocks i have a game server which uses a delyed tv in it is there a way to post the tv through the block connecting only through an ip example 72.249.10.198:27020

vbgamer45

Quote from: bkilla on January 02, 2009, 02:57:31 PM
Hello i'm using the updated version of ezportal i like the new layout which makes my forums fullscreen again but how can i change the size of the blocks the right side is a little bigger than the left side shotgunmafia.com/sgmforums thnx :D
To do this go to the ezBlock Manager then click on the edit column link that controls the width of each column. YOu can either do a percent or a pixel width. If you do percent make sure all the other columns are set to percent as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sheryltoo

I have two questions.
First of all, if I add HTML ezblock to the left side, can I customize it by adding buttons and links to the message boards or links to all the tabs that show on a default layout? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to call this area so I hope you know what links I'm talking about.
At this site, it starts with Home, Help, Search, Profile.....
Second, if I add the ezblock recently posted messages and some of the messages are from a board that's only viewable by administrator or global monitors, will anyone be able to see these messages if they're listed on the ezportal Homepage?
Sheryl

vbgamer45

Yes with an html ezBlock you can any html/javascript code you wish.

The recent posted messages ezBlock respects access permissions set on each board. You can verify by either creating a test user account or logging out and use a guest account.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sheryltoo

Ok. thanks. BTW, I love this mod and now that I've played around with it, I realize someone who said it was easy to figure out was right.
It just all looked like Greek when I first opened it.
Sheryl

vbgamer45

Quote from: sheryltoo on January 02, 2009, 05:41:30 PM
Ok. thanks. BTW, I love this mod and now that I've played around with it, I realize someone who said it was easy to figure out was right.
It just all looked like Greek when I first opened it.
Sheryl
Thanks,
I have some cool updates planned to make even easier to use ezBlocks and organize the homepage and columns.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sheryltoo

scsmilin

Hello! and thank YOU! for a wonderful mod!! I know it has to be something very simple but I just don't know where exactly to look.... I have put the shout box in my left column. But by default the text box to enter your shout is below the shouts..... I really want that at the top... how can I do that ?  again, thank YOU!!!

vbgamer45

Currently it would require an edit to the fix. Check out Subs-EzPortalMain.php
Search for the shoutbox and you can just move that code to the start of the form.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: