News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warlock1663

Hey guys,

I am using Gothic Rose theme and ezportal. I do not see any catagories or boards on my site. Can someone take a look. I have tried everthing to get them to show up, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

www.whatscaredme.com

Thanks

lax.slash

First thing I can see is that you installed it twice... you'll have to manually uninstall it. Then, we'll go from there.

vbgamer45

Ezportal is installed twice.
The forum looks fine just looks like either the boards/categories are hidden from guests
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lax.slash

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 20, 2009, 09:42:41 PM
Ezportal is installed twice.
The forum looks fine just looks like either the boards/categories are hidden from guests

Yes, that does appear to be the case. I registered, and was able to see the boards.

fn2play

Great Mod, just got done installing it on my new board, I am using SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and Black Rain V2 skin, everything went in with zero problems. Shoutbox looks good too, wish there was a way to add a Smiley pack to it though. :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: fn2play on January 20, 2009, 10:38:27 PM
Great Mod, just got done installing it on my new board, I am using SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and Black Rain V2 skin, everything went in with zero problems. Shoutbox looks good too, wish there was a way to add a Smiley pack to it though. :)
Planned in the future as a feature request. Supports all bbcode already though
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fn2play

It sure does, my members will just have to learn the BB Codes for the Smileys. ;)

Thanks for the Mod, vbgamer45, it sure is easy to use, I really am liking it.

Kindred

Installed on a test forum running 2.0RC1 Dev...

I seem to be having an issue with the boardnews block.
I set the board that the block should be pulling posts from, but there is no content in the block.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kindred on January 22, 2009, 01:15:41 AM

I set the board that the block should be pulling posts from, but there is no content in the block.

What kind of permissions are set on that board? Anything in the error log?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

IndigoStar

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2008, 09:14:39 PM
EzBlocks are extremely customizable they can be created as xml files and shared with others. Supports unlimited parameters for PHP blocks. Built in webpage system. Works on any theme with out modifying the theme. Pretty much all the standard features for the other portals.

Modules coming soon to tie more components together.

Sorry newbie question here

How do i write articles ? are they pulled from a certain forum ?

Does exPortal take on the theme of the forum ? I like the fact you don't have to edit anything for it to work

Thanks

Kindred

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 22, 2009, 08:30:31 AM
Quote from: Kindred on January 22, 2009, 01:15:41 AM

What kind of permissions are set on that board? Anything in the error log?

nope, nothing in the error log...   permissions for the board are anyone can post, no one can reply
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Quote from: IndigoStar on January 22, 2009, 03:17:09 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2008, 09:14:39 PM
EzBlocks are extremely customizable they can be created as xml files and shared with others. Supports unlimited parameters for PHP blocks. Built in webpage system. Works on any theme with out modifying the theme. Pretty much all the standard features for the other portals.

Modules coming soon to tie more components together.

Sorry newbie question here

How do i write articles ? are they pulled from a certain forum ?

Does exPortal take on the theme of the forum ? I like the fact you don't have to edit anything for it to work

Thanks

EzPortal has a built in webpage creator to create webpage for your forum.

If you need an Article System search the mod site for my article system mod.

It takes on the theme of the forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

IndigoStar

Thats what the portal is going to be my homepage with posts down one side and top poster and such down the centre my articles

A donation button just that kinda thing

Thanks

IndigoStar

Sorry to reply again,

Would i log in seperate to add things to this portal or  something ?

Star

vbgamer45

You would go to the EzBlock Manager to setup blocks.

You would set the visible options on the ezBlocks to the homepage.

Then make sure under ezPortal settings you have enabled the homepage feature.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

IndigoStar

Sounds easy enough

Just like that fact you don't have to edit any code to get the portal to work

Is there options built in that show users posts and whos online etc

Is there a button added to the menu bar like forum or home so members can access both easily

Sorry to be a pain your portal looks great and would be a great addition to my psychic website

Indigo

Kindred

{holding my tongue on the obvious comments...}

Indigo, Have you tried playing around with the available blocks?  there is  recent posts, users online, etc all built in as available blocks.

Слaва
Украинi

IndigoStar

flamechica

I see that there is a way to play with the width of the boxes, but I was wondering if there was a way to play with the height? I am using a default based theme, SMF 1.1.7 and a shoutbox of my own from shoutmix.com. I like their features better. Anyways, I loaded the shoutbox into a block and it has cut part of my shoutbox off. I have tried to play with the code of the shoutbox to make it smaller, but it still does it. 

vbgamer45

Quote from: flamechica on January 25, 2009, 12:02:50 AM
I see that there is a way to play with the width of the boxes, but I was wondering if there was a way to play with the height? I am using a default based theme, SMF 1.1.7 and a shoutbox of my own from shoutmix.com. I like their features better. Anyways, I loaded the shoutbox into a block and it has cut part of my shoutbox off. I have tried to play with the code of the shoutbox to make it smaller, but it still does it. 
No way to set the height the box should expand to the size of whatever html code is inside it. Height is not a supported property for a table data html element.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: