News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamechica

Bummer. For some reason it is cutting it off and I don't know why....No matter how big or small I make my shoutbox it cuts it off every time. Thanks for the response

kneeki

Hello, and thanks so much for this mod!

I'm sure that this mod is exactly what I need, but I cannot seem to get it working the way I want. I would like it to have a 'home' page when first hitting my forums (which it does, after I enabled the 'ezPortal home page'). However, I cannot seem to figure out how to edit that page. Currently, it's blank. What I would like most is to just create a new board on my forums, and have any post entered there be the latest 'home' page on my forums. You can see what I have accomplished so far by clicking here.

I've looked high and low for any guides to walk me through this process, but I've yet to find a single one. =(

I AM Legend

Hi all,
I have just installed ezportal 0.2.4 on my SMF 1.1.7 forum, love it but I have a question.
I never noticed this before on my forum, on the link tree, when you press on any of the links between Forum and the board you are on, it takes you to the portal page.
What would be the reason for this ???

one other question on this mod, how do I get resent posts to show on the portal page when I am logged out of the forum?

kneeki

Quote from: I AM Legend on January 27, 2009, 05:11:05 PM
Hi all,
I have just installed ezportal 0.2.4 on my SMF 1.1.7 forum, love it but I have a question.
I never noticed this before on my forum, on the link tree, when you press on any of the links between Forum and the board you are on, it takes you to the portal page.

one other question on this mod, how do I get resent posts to show on the portal page when I am logged out of the forum?
Have you double checked the link locations?

lax.slash

Hi all,

I have this problem too...

When the link in the screenshot is clicked, it just goes back to the portals home page.

kneeki

Update on my issue above. I got it figured out exactly like I thought it would. Looks great!

Thanks for the mod!!!

I AM Legend

Sorry for bumping for Myself and lax.slash who both have the same issue, any ideas anyone?

ohioreef

I installed the EzPortal mod on my forum. I have created several pages using the Page Manager of that mod.

Now whenever someone goes to one of those internal pages the forum registers a "Unable to load 'main' template" error, however the page looks fine and all the buttons still seem to work fine.

What does the 'main' template do? Is this something that is likely a forum issue or mod issue?

Thanks,

Gary

Mdk001

I just started testing out ezportal before I actually move it to the online forum (I'll have to adapt it to the custom theme and all) so I've been wondering a few things:

- is there a way to have a Board news block display a board's posts as well as its child's ones too?
- is there a way to have stickied topics show up at the top of Board news blocks?
- hopefully, there'll be a way to have a Board news block display more than a board, even if they're not related?

When's the next update coming? Could you manage to fullfill those requests in it?
I'd sure love to finally get rid of the old homepage and use EP to have it linked to the news I'll post on the forum

vbgamer45

Will checkout all requests and new features this weekend.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mr_Lon

One quick question...
Is this a mod or option that I can install, work on then turn it on for the members maybe using permissions when I have it ready?

Lon

vbgamer45

Quote from: Mr_Lon on January 29, 2009, 10:26:22 PM
One quick question...
Is this a mod or option that I can install, work on then turn it on for the members maybe using permissions?

Lon
Yes it is.
It is all permission based for all ezBlocks
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mr_Lon

lax.slash

Is their any way to make the poll block select a random poll?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Ok...   now that I am using this on a fully functional and active site (2.0 RC1), I have the following notes:

The "active tab" incorrectly indicates that the HOME is active, even though I am in the forum

There does not seem to be a way to add blocks to appear UNDER the displayed forum, only ABOVE.

The members online list is always a vertical list with a line break after each name...   I want a simple list with no line breaks

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

I AM Legend

Hi all,

Hey all,
anyone have any answers to my 2 questions?

Kindred

Ah...   yes, the category link should be index.php?action=forum#c9 instead of index.php#c9

question 2:  Give permissions for guests to see that ezblock
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

I AM Legend

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2009, 06:20:39 PM
Ah...   yes, the category link should be index.php?action=forum#c9 instead of index.php#c9

question 2:  Give permissions for guests to see that ezblock

cool, now any ideas as to how I fix the link tree problem?

vbgamer45

Updates and Fixes and User requests in this new release!

!Fixed one more bug in classifieds ezBlock
!Fixed Advanced Search link was hardcoded to ezportal.com
+Added option to member's ezBlock to format it horizontal or vertical
+Added option on EzPortal settings page to hide the edit/delete links on the layout of the ezBlocks
!Changed a couple things with the board news ezBlock should help fix some issues.
+Added multiboard select for the BoardNews ezBlock. Allows you to select unlimited number of boards for boardnews

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: