News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: I AM Legend on February 13, 2009, 03:06:01 PM
This is a reply to the same question asked by me on SMF Helper from ccbtimewiz,

ccbtimewiz: Alright, I went through and fixed EzPortal's theme_linktree() issue.

Open ./Sources/Load.php

Issue Solved.

I am not sure what issue you think this is supposed to fix... but it does not fix the only issues that I currently have with the link tree.

Currently, in the linktree: CATEGORIES link to index.php#6 instead of index.php?action=forum#6
which means that clicking on a category in the linktree causes the system to send you back to the EZportal hompage.

Adding your code causes the linktree to duplicate itself i.e.  forumname > forum > forumname > forum > category > board and does NOT fix the category bug.
Actually, the version of EZPortal that I have tells me to completely REMOVE the linktree code from that section of load.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

filipes

Quote from: filipes on February 13, 2009, 01:27:39 PM
Hello
I have a problem, I made a Portal and I want to install four EzBlock in the Portal, the problem is when I do that it is in the homepage that they are install, why?
thank you
Do not forget me please, thank you? I need help!!!!!

ke4obt

did you set the vissable options for witch pages your blocks show on?
if not right under the block data and vissable options, editor and weather or not the users can colaps the block is a button labeled:
Update Visible Options,
after clicking that you should see something like this:

Visible Areas

All Actions and Boards
Forum
Portal Homepage

Visible Actions
Help
Search
My Messages
Members
Unread Posts
Unread Replies
Login
Posting Page
Register
Calender
Stats
Who is Online
Admin
Modifications Actions
These work if the modification is installed
SMF Gallery [Delete]
SMF Arcade [Delete]
SMF Links [Delete]
Downloads System [Delete]
SMF Classifieds [Delete]
SMF Store [Delete]
Add New Action 
Visible Boards

here you can select the pages the blocks are vissable on and by default:
" All Actions and Boards"
located at the top of the list
is checked, there are several other options avaleble in that area.

hope this is what you are in need of.

TTYL Flip   
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

filipes

Quote from: ke4obt on February 14, 2009, 07:43:57 AM
did you set the vissable options for witch pages your blocks show on?
if not right under the block data and vissable options, editor and weather or not the users can colaps the block is a button labeled:
Update Visible Options,
after clicking that you should see something like this:

Visible Areas

All Actions and Boards
Forum
Portal Homepage

Visible Actions
Help
Search
My Messages
Members
Unread Posts
Unread Replies
Login
Posting Page
Register
Calender
Stats
Who is Online
Admin
Modifications Actions
These work if the modification is installed
SMF Gallery [Delete]
SMF Arcade [Delete]
SMF Links [Delete]
Downloads System [Delete]
SMF Classifieds [Delete]
SMF Store [Delete]
Add New Action 
Visible Boards

here you can select the pages the blocks are vissable on and by default:
" All Actions and Boards"
located at the top of the list
is checked, there are several other options avaleble in that area.

hope this is what you are in need of.

TTYL Flip

Hello
Thanks for you help, but I have the same problem, I understand what you say, it works in the forum, in the page of the Portal nothing at all, one question where can I find the adress of my Portal I think the problem comes from this, I think that I do not have the wright adress of the Portal, is the adress of the Page Manager is the same of the Portal?

ke4obt

no, what you should have is:
EzPortal Url: http://www.yoursite.com/ezportal/
EzPortal Path: whatever the full path to the ezportal is (e.g. /host/abc/def/ghi/html/forum_root/ezportal/)
check box: Enable Portal Homepage
make sure the box is checked 

well i hope this helps, as i'm still learning.
just let me know and if we can't figure it out then we'll both learn together, how's that?

TTYL Flip
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

filipes

Quote from: ke4obt on February 14, 2009, 09:06:17 AM
no, what you should have is:
EzPortal Url: http://www.yoursite.com/ezportal/
EzPortal Path: whatever the full path to the ezportal is (e.g. /host/abc/def/ghi/html/forum_root/ezportal/)
check box: Enable Portal Homepage
make sure the box is checked 

well i hope this helps, as i'm still learning.
just let me know and if we can't figure it out then we'll both learn together, how's that?

TTYL Flip
Hello
The problem is when I check the box that you speak I do not see the Forum any more only the Portal, the link of my Portal gives me this that I think it is not good, I am sorry for my English because I am Portuguese 
http://www.forumemigrante.com/forum/ezportal/
Very happy with your help thanks ;)

ke4obt

filipes,
I just registered on your site as ke4obt.
Just to let you know, this is Mickey - Flip's wife. I speak a little Brazilian Portuguese and some Spanish, so Flip asked me to come and help him translate. :)
Please approve the registration so I can see a little more on your site.

Thanks,
Mickey
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

ke4obt

Quote from: Kindred on February 13, 2009, 11:28:44 PM
hey flip...   try adding

global $member;

near the top of the function.

ok, Kindred,
This is the wife - Mickey
can you give me the "dummies" version? Which file do I need to edit and where should I look for the function?
Flip gets me into a lot of coding I have NO clue where to start :)
I'm learning quickly (I hope). But there are still some things I don't know yet. (just act like I know everything and try to fool everybody - he he). Flip's learning to code too, but since he has to rely on his screen reader, it's taking him a lot longer. (he just called me a name because I said "a lot longer" - but he'll get over it. *evil grin*)
So, if you can please walk me through where to put the code, I will be VERY grateful.

Thanks,
Mickey

ps - Flip guesses at the top of the ezportal.template.php with the other global calls. I have no guess. Just to be on the safe side, I don't let him do any "real" editing of files unless I'm home to eyeball it. :)
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

ke4obt

filipes,
thanks for approving me. After I log in, and try to go to the portal, it tells me "Ocorreu um erro!
You do not have permission to access this page"
How do you have your permissions set up?
How many pages are you trying to get set up? The reason why is we need to know what all the buttons say. For example, on our site, the Portal is the "main" page. The second button is the forum home.
On our site, the buttons are Home (which is the Portal), Forum (which is the forum index page, of course), help (which is the help section) - those are the 3 "default" links in our menu.
It looks like you have those 3 links and then a link to a totally different forum in your menu. When I click on the portal link, I think the link is wrong - I think it should be http://www.forumemigrante.com/forum/ and that's it.
Do you have the SEF URLs activated in your site?
QuoteI think that I do not have the wright adress of the Portal, is the adress of the Page Manager is the same of the Portal?
No, in your admin area ez portal admin setings your portal url should be: http://www.forumemigrante.com/forum/ezportal/  .
the url in your button pointing to your portal in your menu should be:
http://www.forumemigrante.com/forum/index.php
and as far as i can tell the portal button is being directed tworeds this url:
http:/   /www.forumemigrante.com/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1
and the button in your menu labled Início     is pointing to:
: http://www.forumemigrante.com/forum/index.php
do you have the check box under the portal settings checked
to show the portal home-page?
and can you tell me witch blocks you have active,
so i know what should be there?

Flip

if you are still haveing trouble when she gets up we will take another look.
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

um, uh, well,
HEE-HEE-HEE

filipes

thanks for approving me. After I log in, and try to go to the portal, it tells me "Ocorreu um erro!
You do not have permission to access this page"
How do you have your permissions set up?
(You have permission to access to the page that you speak.....)

Marsh

goto modify on your ez portal block and there will be checkboxes with membergroups.
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.