News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryM

Trying to get the Poll module working - I assign it to the left column but can't add the questions.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Perry

vbgamer45

The poll module currently only takes a poll topic id. You would first create a poll topic in the forum. Then grab the topic id of that topic and place that id inside poll ezBlock
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PerryM

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 22, 2009, 01:47:17 AM
The poll module currently only takes a poll topic id. You would first create a poll topic in the forum. Then grab the topic id of that topic and place that id inside poll ezBlock

Thanks.
Perry

PerryM

Created a poll in the forum and added the ezmodule on the left with the poll number - shows up ok.

However a regular user sees the poll but can't make a selection - the radio buttons don't work.

Thanks

P.S.
Now I realize that the poll is not a voting poll but just reports the results of the real poll in the forum - my mistake.  Thanks for all the help.
Perry

indestopable

I seem to have fixed my issue with column width after adding left/right blocks. I have shoutbox on right. Anyway to remove the scroll bar on shoutbox? It only scrolls about 2 pixels and looks tacky with no use. My percentages are left-10%, center-75%, right-15%.

PerryM

I really like this module - congratulations!

I am trying to use the Tag Cloud but am confused as to what Tags it is looking for - it says they are not installed.

Thanks
Perry

vbgamer45

Quote from: indestopable on February 22, 2009, 11:25:38 AM
I seem to have fixed my issue with column width after adding left/right blocks. I have shoutbox on right. Anyway to remove the scroll bar on shoutbox? It only scrolls about 2 pixels and looks tacky with no use. My percentages are left-10%, center-75%, right-15%.
Known issue check a couple posts back for a fix.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quote from: PerryM on February 22, 2009, 01:27:13 PM

I am trying to use the Tag Cloud but am confused as to what Tags it is looking for - it says they are not installed.

Thanks
Requires the tagging module found at
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=579

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PerryM

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 22, 2009, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: PerryM on February 22, 2009, 01:27:13 PM

Thanks
Requires the tagging module found at
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=579

Thanks that's what I thought - that mod hasn't been released for RC1 yet.

Thanks for the reply..
Perry

jossanaijr

Hi,
just installed it and have this warning:
Warning your ezcache folder is not writable! For best performance we suggest having the cache folder writable.

but cannot find where to change it.

Also have this error when in Modules:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/mysite/public_html/Sources/Class-Package.php on line 75

Is this because of the permission error or another?

indestopable

Quote from: jossanaijr on February 22, 2009, 05:11:37 PM
Hi,
just installed it and have this warning:
Warning your ezcache folder is not writable! For best performance we suggest having the cache folder writable.

but cannot find where to change it.

Also have this error when in Modules:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/mysite/public_html/Sources/Class-Package.php on line 75

Is this because of the permission error or another?

Your ezcache folder is in your Ezportal main directory. It can be CHMOD'd to '755' permissions.

kingkingston

Need help urgently,i went to add a block of html a news feed and something happened to my site,now i can't get in admin to delete the block of news thing i was adding,please help me

website is http://wewantsport.com

this was the code i was adding to the block

http://janim.net/free-content/add-news-to-your-site/news-index-ticker.php

vbgamer45

Still having issues? Looks ok from what I can see in firefox. You can click the delete link on the block itself if you can't click on the admin

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kingkingston

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 23, 2009, 07:40:29 PM
Still having issues? Looks ok from what I can see in firefox. You can click the delete link on the block itself if you can't click on the admin

i fixed it,in explorer i couldnt access the admin area,but in firefox i could and i was able to delete the block that was causing the trouble,thank god i worked it out :D,also any plans to make a bottom block ? one that goes below the forum ? just wondering

vbgamer45

Good news.

Yes I do have plans for a bottom block level

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kingkingston

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 23, 2009, 07:49:27 PM
Good news.

Yes I do have plans for a bottom block level

Awesome,i have somehow configured a block to display google ads,without adding the ad management mod,is this normal ?,also how do i change the background colour of a block title ?

vbgamer45

Yes that is normal you can add any html or php code using ezBlocks.

Background color/css class changes are not supported yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

New Update
!Fixed issued for SMF 2.0.x not showing the permission title for EzPortal under simple permissions
!Fixed shoutbox scrollbar issue.
+Now defines the action=forum in Who.english.php
+Added new feature to include a custom icon to display in the titlebar of an ezBlock

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

hey Vbgamer,

I haven't installed the new version yet, but did you fix the problem with categories links in the breadcrumbs? (they do not link to the index.php?action=forum#category, but instead link to the index.php#category

Also, when I am viewing a post, the topnav tab indicates "Home", not "forum" (boardindex displays as forum, as does messageindex, but display does not)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: