News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingkingston

hey mate i want to update my ezportal to the one but got these problems when unistalling the old one

5. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Killer-B

Quote from: indestopable on February 21, 2009, 12:52:00 AM
My center column seems to span like three 19" monitors worth of scrolling before I see the right blocks.

I don't know if you got your problem solved here or at the ezportal.com site, but I had the same problem - and was happening only in Google Chrome and Mac Safari - though I could reproduce it in all browsers - and here's what I found -

It's the "recent posts" count, at the bottom of the page... if you have that enabled, it will jettison your FORUM menu off about 9000 pixels wide right... Go into your theme set up (it's specific for EACH and EVERY theme - so you have to toggle the one you're using) and turn that feature OFF - and your forum will go back to "normal"...

Question for Gamer - since the SMF site seems to get more action than the Mod site...

I am trying to either uninstall, or upgrade ezportal with the latest release from yesterday - and when I go to execute - it just brings me to the .zip URL and times out on my server.... like so:

http://mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=uninstall2;package=ezPortal0.2.6.1.zip;pid=24

*Server timesout)

Anyone ever had this happen? It still shows it being installed and active in Admin... and I really need to remove this - or upgrade - to see about these bug fixes...

TIA -

KB

PS: I'm too friggin tired, grouchy, lazy and blurry-eyed to read 15 pages on this one tonight - Plus SMF "search" is not working either  - so will also ask: Has the Forum Index/Tree issue been raised and/or solved? Meaning, If I'm reading a post, and then click on the tree menu to "go back" (or "up") one level... it takes me to the ezportal menu page... not the forum index page or the "link" I was trying to get at within the tree view...

And speaking of /directories... because ezforum calls out the forum via an action e.g /forum/index.php?action=forum  does this not mess up your SEO??? I only ask, because i recently googled my site name, and it has the ROOT indexed - not the /forum/index.php?action=forum part... and goes into my host ISP "page not found"... kinda odd :(
SMF 2.0RC1

dwd2000

Nice portal. I was using another portal but got too many errors, so I uninstalled it.

3 requests:

Calendar Block (or code to put in a php block) - I am using the calendar as a "Today in History" type of thing and would like to have it shown in a block.

Random News Block - I filled the news with Quotes (rather than site news) and would like the quotes to be displayed randomly in a block.

As the admin, I see [Edit] and [Delete] on the actual blocks. I can't find a way for me to disable seeing it. I just prefer to do my edits via the admin only. No big deal, just personal preference.

Again, very nice. Thanks.
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

vbgamer45

First two requests are planned in future updates.

Third request is built in as a setting.
EzPortal -> Settings -> "Hide edit/delete options on ezBlocks for Admin's and ezBlock Manager's"
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dwd2000

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 26, 2009, 11:38:55 PM
First two requests are planned in future updates.

Third request is built in as a setting.
EzPortal -> Settings -> "Hide edit/delete options on ezBlocks for Admin's and ezBlock Manager's"

1 - Thanks
2 - Thanks
3 - OOPS
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

victoryrock

I need help!!!

So I installed and it was awesome.  Then I added the Arcade Block and in that block it said:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/.sites/143/site2/web/forum/Sources/EzPortal.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/home/solarspeed/php/share/pear') in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/Sources/Subs-EzPortalMain.php on line 1967

Becasue I couldn't reverse things, I ended up deleting my whole forum folder and re-installing my back up.

Then I tried to install eZ Portal again, but then it memorized the setting and it said the same thing.

I will upload my .php file noted above.  Can someone edit the Arcade part of it out for me?

Thanks SO much.  I really want to use this MOD.
victoryrock

Kindred

the problem is in your database, not your files...   go into phpmyadmin and remove the arcade block from your displayed blocks
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

victoryrock

I am not too skilled at databases yet, but do you mean anything that says smf_arcade_/... I simply click the red "X"?

Attached screen shot.

Quote from: Kindred on February 27, 2009, 08:30:07 PM
the problem is in your database, not your files...   go into phpmyadmin and remove the arcade block from your displayed blocks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

victoryrock

vbgamer45

Yup it is in the ezp_block_layout table most likely the last entry

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

victoryrock

OK, so now what do I do with this?

Sorry, I am a beginner.

vbgamer45

Click on the browse tab and locate the arcade block in the list. and click the delete icon.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

victoryrock

Awesome!! It's fixed...but now that I got that fixed, how/where do I get the MOD/block for the arcade to work?

Thanks for ALL your help!!!

wickedstangs

sheryltoo

How do you remove the Ezportal tables once you've uninstalled this mod?
Sheryl

Kindred

you will have to use phpmyadmin to remove the tables... but leaving them won't hurt anything
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[SiNaN]

Just to remind, it is better to use loadClassFile() to include class files, for compatibility with older versions of PHP.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Advertisement: