News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Thanks Vgamer

Will have another play with ezportal.

Filipina

Can a few people using ezPortal give me a link to their site so I can see how it looks. Especially if you have customized it in some way. Thanks in advance.

kingkingston

Quote from: Filipina on April 19, 2009, 01:14:16 PM
Can a few people using ezPortal give me a link to their site so I can see how it looks. Especially if you have customized it in some way. Thanks in advance.

here

http://www.wewantsport.com

cubetgio

Hello,

Thanks for this wonderfull mod.

Nevertheless, Who can help me to make forum tab (on menu bar) working with other theme than default one.

Forum tab is not displayed on the menu bar when using another theme.

Thank you !

TheListener

What is the difference between ezportal and the smf portal?

Chopper

Hi,

I have installed ezPortal and after install i have a big chunk of code at the very top of my forum. Also the size of texts is much larger than before i installed this and nothing appears in admin. Any ideas how to remedy this? I am running SMF 1.1.8.

Thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

cubetgio

Quote from: cubetgio on April 20, 2009, 02:08:10 PM
Hello,

Thanks for this wonderfull mod.

Nevertheless, Who can help me to make forum tab (on menu bar) working with other theme than default one.

Forum tab is not displayed on the menu bar when using another theme.

Thank you !

Cool Gamer! :P

I found a solution following this link related to a user who had the same problem.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271882.msg1961327#msg1961327

Have a nice day !

vbgamer45

Glad you were able to figure it out. With SMF 2.0 forum tabs are automatically added to any theme.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

one issue and one request...

issue:   in the breadcrumbs list, the categories link to: site.com/index.php#c6 which is not valid, and takes me back to the EZportal page. It should link to site.com/index.php?action=forum#c6

Reqeust:   I'd like for the left column (and potentially the right column) to be collapsible to the left or right as COLUMNS rather than each module collapsing upward into its header.

(i.e. someone can opt to collapse the left column to give themselves a full screen of forum.)

edit: second request:   an EZblock pre-defined for a vertical ul/li of the topnav menu?   I am currently doing it with SSI, but an integral version would be sweet.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

edit: second request:   an EZblock pre-defined for a vertical ul/li of the topnav menu?   I am currently doing it with SSI, but an integral version would be sweet.
How does this work with SSI? Is this an SMF 2.0 only option?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Hmmm....   I forgot, I was originally using ssi_menubar(), but it used all of the CSS that made it display horizonal...   so what I ended up doing was the following:

global $context;
  foreach ($context['menu_buttons'] as $act => $button)
  {
    echo '
      <li id="button_', $act, '">
        <a', $button['active_button'] ? ' class="active"' : '', ' title="', $act , '" href="', $button['href'], '">
          <span', isset($button['is_last']) ? ' class="last"' : '', '>', ($button['active_button'] ? '<em>' : ''), $button['title'], ($button['active_button'] ? '</em>' : ''), '</span>
        </a>
      </li>';
  }
echo '</ul>';
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

double hmmmmm....

Ok, Installed EZPortal on a new forum... along with several other mods.
For some reason, the breadcrumbs are duplicated in mod pages...

i.e.
Community > Forum > Articles > Networking Safety

(Same thing happens for glossary and several other mods.)
Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kindred on April 26, 2009, 12:02:25 AM
double hmmmmm....

Ok, Installed EZPortal on a new forum... along with several other mods.
For some reason, the breadcrumbs are duplicated in mod pages...

i.e.

(Same thing happens for glossary and several other mods.)

I have seen this happen with SMF 2.0 you no longer need to call the theme_linktree function inside a mod such as for 1.1.x I will check out SMF Articles for the 2.0 function and see if the theme_linktree is present in the mod files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Neverhurry

hello vbgamer45,

you made a wonderful portal, i love it.
i am using in the central main content area the broad news block. Is it possible to show the first attached picture of that topic floated to the right side of the area?
that will be really something!

is it too difficult to make?
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

vbgamer45

I could do that if there is an image in the attachment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Neverhurry

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 28, 2009, 07:07:52 AM
I could do that if there is an image in the attachment.

WOW, you could do that!
Yes, there IS indeed an image in the attachment. 
Picturs are so important to the portal, that will be a major improvement to ezportal, i just hope it won't take too long time. thank you!
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Zero3X

Nice mod but one problem (the page one).

I created a new page in the page manager bit and I've got a link but it show up in the nav bar. How can I make it visible?
My Forum [nofollow] - My blog [nofollow]

vbgamer45

The page currently is only a link. If you want to add a link you need to modify a template or add it into an ezblock

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: