News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubetgio

Hello,

I'm working with smf 2.0 RC1. I installed ez-portal with some other mods.

My problem is that when i create another links blocks. Every links placed in a block is rewrited automaticaly in the other brand new block just created.

Is there already a solution to that.

Giovanni

vbgamer45

Is this using the SMF Links ezBlock that is built in?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Killer-B

Quote from: Filipina on April 19, 2009, 01:14:16 PM
Can a few people using ezPortal give me a link to their site so I can see how it looks. Especially if you have customized it in some way. Thanks in advance.

To be honest... as much as I liked this mod, I think SimplePortal has a "smoother" appearance - You can see it here on 2.0RC1 www.f-1chat.com
SMF 2.0RC1

vbgamer45

What's missing? I can probably change it. I am not a designer I can do so much.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

two things that I would like to see...

a mini-calendar. (I need to look through 2.0 and recreate the mini calendar that I used to use on joomla modules.... or have someone else do the work. :P)

A module to display the contents of an incoming RSS feed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Good ideas will try to get though all them this weekend.
I planning on getting the ezportal ezBlock submission system coded as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cubetgio

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 05, 2009, 08:23:04 PM
Is this using the SMF Links ezBlock that is built in?

Damn !!!!, %´$$*-!§,   your are right, It's not ...

cubetgio

Hi,

I have tried to upload with ezportal built loader but it don't work.

It 's looking like link module loaded is version 1. ...

The problem remain : links in blocks are duplicated from the first block created to the new one ?

Giovanni

kingkingston

hi vb gamer your number 2 fan here any time frame on another update with maybe a bottom block added on the the next update :),also what else do you think you can add to this very fine mod,i want to see it make all other portals seem irrelevant  ;) :D

diaperingdiva

Quote from: I AM Legend on February 13, 2009, 03:06:01 PM
This is a reply to the same question asked by me on SMF Helper from ccbtimewiz,

ccbtimewiz: Alright, I went through and fixed EzPortal's theme_linktree() issue.

Open ./Sources/Load.php

Find:

// Robots shouldn't be logging in or registering.  So, they aren't a bot.  Better to be wrong than sorry (or people won't be able to log in!), anyway.
   if ((isset($_REQUEST['action']) && in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('login', 'login2', 'register'))) || !$context['user']['is_guest'])
      $context['browser']['possibly_robot'] = false;

// Set the top level linktree up.
   array_unshift($context['linktree'], array(
      'url' => $scripturl,
      'name' => $context['forum_name_html_safe']
   ));

Replace with

// Robots shouldn't be logging in or registering.  So, they aren't a bot.  Better to be wrong than sorry (or people won't be able to log in!), anyway.
   if ((isset($_REQUEST['action']) && in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('login', 'login2', 'register'))) || !$context['user']['is_guest'])

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   // + EzPortal v0.2.4 linktree() fix by ccbtimewiz [2/12/09] (http://jeunosky.net/)

# Just in case... making this a global.
   global $ezpSettings;

# Does $ezpSettings exist?! If not, set it to false and log NO errors.
   if (empty($ezpSettings))
    {
      $ezpSettings = array();
      $ezpSettings['ezp_portal_enable'] = 0;
    }

# Are they perhaps running SMF 1.1.x and forum_name_html_safe doesn't exist? If so, let's fix 'em up.
   if (empty($context['forum_name_html_safe']))
      $forum_title = $context['forum_name'];
   else
      $forum_title = $context['forum_name_html_safe'];

// This contains the "home" of the theme_linktree(). This is set first if no portal page is active.
   # @example: My Website
   if (empty($ezpSettings['ezp_portal_enable']))
         'url' => $scripturl,
         'name' => $forum_title
      ));
   // And finally, if the portal IS set, show the forum name and then "forum".
   # @example: My Website => Forum
   else
      array_unshift($context['linktree'],
         array(
            'url' => $scripturl,
            'name' => $forum_title
         ),
         array(
            'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum',
            'name' => 'Forum'
         )
      );
   unset($ezpSettings);
   unset($forum_title);
   // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue Solved.

On a personal note from me, I was wondering, can this be incorporated into the mod for new people downloading it  ??? so they don't encounter the issue ever again.
I tried using this fix, and it had no change with our link tree, it still took us to the same page.  Our forum runs on 1.1.8 and we are using easy portal version 0.2.8 does anyone else have a fix or idea to try?

cubetgio

Hello

I'm testing links permissions with 1.1.8.

It seems that it's not working when you deny access to a category of links to a specific member group(guest).

The link is opening independently of the fact that you deny access to.

G.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cubetgio

Yahmez

Quote from: Kindred on May 06, 2009, 12:15:33 AM
two things that I would like to see...

a mini-calendar. (I need to look through 2.0 and recreate the mini calendar that I used to use on joomla modules.... or have someone else do the work. :P )

A module to display the contents of an incoming RSS feed.
I  use this slightly modified code that I found on another portal website... Tiny Portal maybe? Anyway just edit the options as needed and put it into a php block. *I take no credit for this code*

Kindred

thanks Yahmez,

but I suspect that is code for SMF 1.1.x...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Magicjax

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the look of my EZblock.

In this image:

I wan to get rid of the "header" block (See arrow)

I also want to change the background color of the block. Right now it's a very light blue. I want it to be white.

Can anyone show me where yo edit to make these changes?

Thank you.

vbgamer45

Good ideas will try to add them to the next release. It is going to be a big one. Calender block, Rss block, menu block a lot of other cool stuff.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

diaperingdiva

Quote from: diaperingdiva on May 12, 2009, 03:16:03 PM
Quote from: I AM Legend on February 13, 2009, 03:06:01 PM
This is a reply to the same question asked by me on SMF Helper from ccbtimewiz,

ccbtimewiz: Alright, I went through and fixed EzPortal's theme_linktree() issue.

Open ./Sources/Load.php

Find:

// Set the top level linktree up.
      'url' => $scripturl,
      'name' => $context['forum_name_html_safe']
   ));

Replace with

// + EzPortal v0.2.4 linktree() fix by ccbtimewiz [2/12/09] (http://jeunosky.net/)

# Just in case... making this a global.
   global $ezpSettings;

# Does $ezpSettings exist?! If not, set it to false and log NO errors.
   if (empty($ezpSettings))
    {
      $ezpSettings = array();
      $ezpSettings['ezp_portal_enable'] = 0;
    }

# Are they perhaps running SMF 1.1.x and forum_name_html_safe doesn't exist? If so, let's fix 'em up.
   if (empty($context['forum_name_html_safe']))
      $forum_title = $context['forum_name'];
   else
      $forum_title = $context['forum_name_html_safe'];

// This contains the "home" of the theme_linktree(). This is set first if no portal page is active.
   # @example: My Website
   if (empty($ezpSettings['ezp_portal_enable']))
         'url' => $scripturl,
         'name' => $forum_title
      ));
   // And finally, if the portal IS set, show the forum name and then "forum".
   # @example: My Website => Forum
   else
      array_unshift($context['linktree'],
         array(
            'url' => $scripturl,
            'name' => $forum_title
         ),
         array(
            'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum',
            'name' => 'Forum'
         )
      );
   unset($ezpSettings);
   unset($forum_title);

Issue Solved.

On a personal note from me, I was wondering, can this be incorporated into the mod for new people downloading it  ??? so they don't encounter the issue ever again.
I tried using this fix, and it had no change with our link tree, it still took us to the same page.  Our forum runs on 1.1.8 and we are using easy portal version 0.2.8 does anyone else have a fix or idea to try?
any takers?

vbgamer45

Will look into that issue for the next release havent' been able to figure it out myself yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: