ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: Magicjax on June 14, 2009, 09:28:33 PM
In the Ezportal settings there's a check box that says, "Enable Portal Homepage" and under it there's a text box titled "Custom Homepage Title".

I'm wondering what this is about. Does that mean that it can be my index page? In other words mydomain.com can take them to this ezportal page rather then mydmain.com/index.php?

Thanks.

Ron
The custom Homepage title is the title of the window in your browser when you load that page.
It works by changing the text for <title> tag in html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Magicjax

Ah, I get it. So if I was just reading the HTML it would be:

<html>
<head>
<title>THIS TEXT</title>
</head>

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Is there a way to make my index page an ezportal page?

Let me explain why. Right now my index page looks like the forum to some degree. You can take a look here:
www.magictalk.com

As you can see there's the "Sign in" box on the top.

But the "Ad" images don't show up.

I would like my index page (magictalk.com) to look more like this ezportal page.

Another problem is if they sign in to the index page I have now it doesn't always work. They go to the forum and they aren't signed in.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again.

Ron

Kindred

???   mydomain.com is the same as mydomain.com/index.php

so, yes...   if you have your forum in the root directory, then the EZportal page can be your site's homepage.

see 40konline.com/community
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Caeser

On the links block is there a way to separate my links so when you look at the page the links are broken down into categories and sub categories?

Link Category
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Link Category
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Link Category
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Something like what I have posted, at the moment I can create catalogues but they are not displayed and it groups all my links into one big clump with no organization.

any help would be appreciated.
Premier World of Warcraft guild website.
http://www.warriors-of-honor.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Not currently with the links block but you could make a html block and code the links in that way
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

djmentos

Hi.

Im trying to install EzPortal 0.2.8 at SMF 2.0 RC1-1

I have uploaded packet and after click on install button, im waiting long time (about 2 minutes) and after i see a blank page and mod is not installed.

vbgamer45

Does it happen each time? I would try to install it a couple times

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

djmentos

KensonPlays

can someone help with getting it to work on the "Efsane" theme? plz?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kcmartz on June 22, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
can someone help with getting it to work on the "Efsane" theme? plz?
What code do you need added to the theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chrissfife

Is there any documentation or comments somewhere on how to use ezPortal Page Manager? I can add pages but I don't know how to display them in a block or in the menu so that people can get to them.

vbgamer45

No documentation yet. You just use the links it generates and put them in blocks or in posts anywhere

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

@chrissfife:

I use the Custom HTML block and copy and paste the links into it linking them.

---------------------------

@vbgamer45:
I need help. I have the Poll EzBlock installed and can't figure out how to add to it, I mean creating a poll! Help anyone?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

vbgamer45

Just edit the ezPoll block and include the poll topic id from the poll you created in a forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xkytsunex

Okay, you're my hero, seriously.  This is so easy to use, and so customizable!  Way awesome!

vbgamer45

Quote from: xkytsunex on July 03, 2009, 09:14:39 PM
Okay, you're my hero, seriously.  This is so easy to use, and so customizable!  Way awesome!
Thanks for the support! Working on an awesome new version with many features coming soon!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

Just installed ezPortal and I love it.  I'm still learning, but the learning curve is pretty quick.  What a great job.  Thanks.  What is the recommended way to start using Google Ads with 2.0 RC1-1 and ezPortal?  I am new to all of this.  Would I just use html blocks or use something like the mod on this site Ad Management Mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255.

Thanks again for any suggestions and for this great portal mod.

vbgamer45

I would use html blocks and put the adsense code inside the block that would work the best.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Fat_Man

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 05, 2009, 09:17:42 PM
Thanks for the support! Working on an awesome new version with many features coming soon!

New features?? Damn.. this is already feature packed.
Gonna give us hint whats coming? 

Hope I can set the portal to just the index page Vbgamer45.   :)

Advertisement: