News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oskrsaul1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 11, 2009, 02:06:15 PM
Yes it supports any language you will need to translate the following files
themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
themes/default/languages/Ezportal.english.php

Thanks, i guess that u have to do a copy of those files but with spanish_latin.php at the end?? (sry for my english but i only speak spanish LOL)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

New ezPortal release!

+Added Menu ezBlock to allow custom menu items with permissions!
+Added RSS ezBlock. Set number of items to display, toggle body, and settings to control update time in minutes
+Added BBC Block with BBC editor
+Added to the Download EzBlock Most Downloaded option and added text on the ezBlock to show total downloads.
!Fixed bug in the PollBlock missing argument error
!Fixed link tree bug thanks SiNaN
!Upgrade now checks if menu icons already inserted so duplicate icon entries are not added.
!Fixed extra values that might be saved when editing an ezBlock
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Fat_Man

Thanks VBGamer45.   :D

Can the portal be applied to just the main page now?
Link is your reply to my question - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271882.msg2099187#msg2099187

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

oskrsaul1

Wow thanks i already installed it and is easy to use and i translate to spanish and so far "0" problems, with other portals i had a lot lot lot of troubles!!!

One litle question, how can add a "calendar" block??

vbgamer45

A calender  block is still in development but I belive someone posted one on www.ezportal.com in the forums

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

I'm trying to add an ezblock to a Page i created through the portal.  doesn't seem to work.  Am I messing it up or is it not possible?

Oh, and I added the URL of the page I created as an Action in the ezblocks.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Quote from: spaceboy on August 19, 2009, 08:44:29 PM
I'm trying to add an ezblock to a Page i created through the portal.  doesn't seem to work.  Am I messing it up or is it not possible?

Oh, and I added the URL of the page I created as an Action in the ezblocks.

Thanks.
Yeah that won't work at the moment yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

spaceboy

another question on the RSS block.

I had the feed going to a center block and it really looked nice, like it would on a regular web page.  The only thing I didn't like was the links actually redirect your browser to the target instead of opening a new window with the target URL.  I'd prefer to have the member stay on my site (once I get members lol). 

I had been testing the RSS feeder mod that posts into a topic and for some reason the same feed produced links that opened new windows.  I abandoned the RSS feeder mod for the portal solution because I didn't like all the RSS feed posts showing up in Unread topics.

Any help to get the links to open a new window would be much appreciated.

vbgamer45

Sounds like a good idea will add it to the next release as option

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

hey, that's awesome.  Thanks.

Ok, one more.  Is there a way to make the shoutbox block have a little definition between each shout?  It seems to all run together, and even the text input box is quite thin (height).

Please don't take these as complaints.  The portal (and Articles) seems to be giving me what I want for my site.  And I will send you some support if my proof of concept here gets rolling  ::)

Kindred

well, I will say that the web standard these days to to keep using the same browser window.  It is typically considered bad form to force new windows. (if a user wants a new window, they right-click and select "open link in new window"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spaceboy

Quote from: Kindred on August 20, 2009, 12:09:54 AM
well, I will say that the web standard these days to to keep using the same browser window.  It is typically considered bad form to force new windows. (if a user wants a new window, they right-click and select "open link in new window"

oh, I guess I hadn't realized.  It makes sense I guess from the standpoint of normal surfing.  I know when I was testing the feeds myself and of course I wanted to stay on my site, I liked the new window because I could stay on my site, and then just kill the window I was reading.  I can honestly say I hadn't specifically thought about until the new method changed the link type.  From a user standpoint I can see your point.  hmmm. 

Now I'm perplexed, I like the new window option but don't want to look bad.

Kindred

:)   It's up to each admin and each site, of course...   just presenting you with the facts so you can make an informed decision.

VB....  I love the new stuff...

suggestions:

menu block: allow sub-nav menus (i.e. additional indent)
Menu block: Possibly build a dhtml version of the block (i.e. shrink and expand sub menus, hover over effects, etc)

RSS: a scroller? maybe.... lol.   10 feeds on my site takes up a large chunk of space.

left column/right column: Allow for hiding the column, not just the individual blocks.
I.e. I am viewing a post and want to see it whole screen, I can shrink out the left column that has the menus...   I'd suggest using the SMF standard collapse function, so the cookie remembers the setting.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spaceboy

Yeah, I appreciate that.  I guess I'd like the option because for what its meant to be (an rss feed) I like to offer the content as something to peruse while on the site, but I'm assuming they want to stay on the site primarily so a new window makes that easier in my mind like "here read this and close it" you still within the site.  Obviously they could be getting that news elsewhere (from the source) so my assumption they want to stay on my site seems reasonable.

vbgamer45

left column/right column: Allow for hiding the column, not just the individual blocks.
I.e. I am viewing a post and want to see it whole screen, I can shrink out the left column that has the menus...   I'd suggest using the SMF standard collapse function, so the cookie remembers the setting

Planned for next release going to be a lot faster now.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: