News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Large update! Many user requests added. Focusing on getting better support for custom ezBlocks

+Redid shoutbox. Added autorefresh option, bbc codes, smiles option to the shoutbox
+Added option rss feedblock to open links in new window
+For coding ezblocks added option to specify order of the parameters listed on add/edit ezblock
+Added support for select values for coding custom ezblocks
+Collapsing of columns. Option under edit column whether column can be collapsed or not. For right and left columns
+Added checkbox parameter support for custom ezBlocks
!Fixed bug with guest ezblock collapse saving state
+Updated the example custom ezBlock file
!Fixed importing parameter type for custom ezBlocks
!Fixed default value importing for custom ezBlocks
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

so, I was still having issues with the linktree pointing to categories and I finally realized why.

EZPortal2.php
line 1752

if (!empty($context['linktree']))
      foreach ($context['linktree'] as $key => $tree)
         if (strpos($tree['url'], '#c') !== false && strpos($tree['url'], 'action=forum#') === false)
            $context['linktree'][$key]['url'] = str_replace('#c', '?action=forum#', $tree['url']);

should be

if (strpos($tree['url'], '#c') !== false && strpos($tree['url'], 'action=forum#c') === false)
            $context['linktree'][$key]['url'] = str_replace('#c', '?action=forum#c', $tree['url']);

the forum# needs to be forum#c for smf 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Thanks for the fix Kindred. Will get that added quickly my power supply on my development pc died some have a new one come in tomorrow.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

Great stuff, but only a couple of requests if you could adjust.

1) The open new window link on the RSS only works on the lead link for each news story, the subsequent links all still open in the same window.  Thanks by the way for adding this feature, I really like it, but I was hoping ALL link on the page would react the same way.

2) The shoutbox could really benefit from a line or something that separates each shout.  They are really running together. 

Thanks again.

vbgamer45

1. So like the links inside the posted RSS feed should be parsed then make them open in new window? That can be a little tricky will see what I can do.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spaceboy

Um,  I guess.  I don't know how to describe.  I'm attaching a screen shot to this message.  The first link Xbox 360 Price Drop.... (above the picture) opens in a new window now.  However, the rest in that section open in the same window. 

Then the next main link PS3 slims selling early... opens in a new window, and the cycle starts over.

Sorry for asking so much, it's just so close to what I'm hoping for...

Thanks.

Kindred

the thing is, spaceboy....    the lead link is parsed by the system when the feed is grabbed....     the other links are part of the content and are not identified specifically as "links" in the RSS/XML, they are just part of the body of the feed.

what you are asking is for the receiving system to alter the content of the incoming feed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spaceboy

Thanks.  I've decided to go ahead and post the feeds without the body.  the pics in the body looked nice, but this gives a nice clean list of links and works the way I'd like them to.  In fact, it allows me to put them into a smaller block which I'm excited about.  Thanks for all the help guys.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok, I found a bug with the new collumn collapsing feature.

In edit columns options, even thought the option to enable the collapsing of columns is disabled, the feature will remain enabled anyway, and regardless of if I check/uncheck the feature checkbox, the setting change will not be saved. In other words, if I go in "Edit Columns" options again, the checkbox will still be unchecked.

Also, I'm not sure if it was intended to be this way, but on the portal main page, the Collapse buttons for columns appears right above the middle column and I find this look awful. Idk if this is because I don't use the default theme (I use a theme that is modified directly from SMF default except the user info below the banner/logo was disabled), and It wouldn't affect me much since if I could, I would disable columns collapsing, but this is something you might want to look into

Basically, I tried Ezportal 0.3.0, then I had to revert back to 0.2.9 because I did not want columns collapsing and was unable to disable it

spaceboy

DJ, I just tested it and yes even when it is not enabled, a user account can still collapse.  Good find, yes I don't want them to be able to be collapsed, especially since it could happen accidentally and the user may not know exactly what they did.  However, my collapse buttons were over the left column - left aligned.

Kindred

interesting... because it works on my two systems.
Although the ADMIN tool does not change state, the system DOES seem to remember the setting.

i.e. I allow the left column to be collapsed, but not the right column. The left column [-] appears, and is usable, the right column [-] does not.
http://www.40konline.com/community
Слaва
Украинi

spaceboy

I went in and checked the settings - still blank for allow user and this time after clicking Edit Block, I then clicked the Save Blocks (sorry if i'm forgetting the actual button name)  from the main block manager space and then yes it does work.  So i guess even though they were defaulted to "not allow" i still had to save my settings for it to take effect.

SO, I think it's all good - I did this on my test site, will install and try on my live site now. 

Thanks Kindred for the reply - made me realize I must be missing something.  :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2009, 08:57:55 AM
so, I was still having issues with the linktree pointing to categories and I finally realized why.

EZPortal2.php
line 1752

if (strpos($tree['url'], '#c') !== false && strpos($tree['url'], 'action=forum#') === false)
            $context['linktree'][$key]['url'] = str_replace('#c', '?action=forum#', $tree['url']);

should be

if (strpos($tree['url'], '#c') !== false && strpos($tree['url'], 'action=forum#c') === false)
            $context['linktree'][$key]['url'] = str_replace('#c', '?action=forum#c', $tree['url']);

the forum# needs to be forum#c for smf 2.0
Thanks fixed for next update

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 01, 2009, 01:13:11 PM
Ok, I found a bug with the new collumn collapsing feature.

In edit columns options, even thought the option to enable the collapsing of columns is disabled, the feature will remain enabled anyway, and regardless of if I check/uncheck the feature checkbox, the setting change will not be saved. In other words, if I go in "Edit Columns" options again, the checkbox will still be unchecked.

Also, I'm not sure if it was intended to be this way, but on the portal main page, the Collapse buttons for columns appears right above the middle column and I find this look awful. Idk if this is because I don't use the default theme (I use a theme that is modified directly from SMF default except the user info below the banner/logo was disabled), and It wouldn't affect me much since if I could, I would disable columns collapsing, but this is something you might want to look into

Basically, I tried Ezportal 0.3.0, then I had to revert back to 0.2.9 because I did not want columns collapsing and was unable to disable it
Haven't been able to repeat this issue with my test forum.
What version of SMF and what browser are you using?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

actually, VBgamer, I noticed that the admin does not actually save/show the current state of the column option...   for my system, it always displays as OFF (unchecked) after I save it.   The state IS correctly stored and usable on the front-end, but the admin state is always off when I view the column settings.
Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Is saving the can collapse column when you editing a column? I can repeat this issue in my test forum as of yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dream of Omnimaga

Kindred

yes, I meant the state of the "can collapse" selection. :)
Слaва
Украинi

CoderHead

Do you have to uninstall 0.2.9 first or will this just merge over top?

Advertisement: