News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: CoderHead on September 03, 2009, 08:09:45 AM
Do you have to uninstall 0.2.9 first or will this just merge over top?
This will merge over the top. There should be an upgrade link
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

CoderHead

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 03, 2009, 08:48:08 AM
Quote from: CoderHead on September 03, 2009, 08:09:45 AM
Do you have to uninstall 0.2.9 first or will this just merge over top?
This will merge over the top. There should be an upgrade link
Awesome! I appreciate it, and all the hard work you've done.

Bears-world

Hey, just wanted to thank you for a great mod! 

I have been using it for a while with no problems.

Bearsworld
hxxp://bearsworld.byethost7.com/

Magicjax

I'm having a problem with using EzPortal shoutbox. When I install it in a block on either the right or left side it places two shoutboxes on my forum.

Here's a screen shot.

If I click "delete" on either they both go away.

Any idea what to do to fix this?

Version: 1.1.10

Ron

vbgamer45

Did you install ezportal twice?  Does this occur with any other block or just the shoutbox?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Magicjax

I think you're right because I looked at the bottom of my forum and it said "Powered by EzPortal" twice.

But now I've got an even worse problem with it.

I went into packages and uninstalled the EzPortal with the intention of trying to reinstall it. But now my forum doesn't work at all!

Check it out:
http://www.magicjax.com/subtitle/

HELP. :)

Kindred

when you get a double install, the only way to fix it is to MANUALLY remove the duplicated code.

At ths point, the only way to fix your forum is going to be to manually correct the files in question.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

It is hard to see what is wrong looks like php errors are disabled.
You can try opening the index.php in the root of your forum
Find

<?php

Add after

ini_set("display_errors",1);

Should at least then tell you what to fix or repair.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dream of Omnimaga

Also another bug:

[...]
+Added to the Download EzBlock Most Downloaded option and added text on the ezBlock to show total downloads.
[...]

I do not see such option. I only see Recent, most viewed, most commented and top rated. No most downloaded option and I tried in 0.2.9 and 0.3.0

As for columns collapsing, I reinstalled 0.3.0 and now the option is saved. It's just when going back in the options, the box will always be unchecked no matter what.

[A-US]James246

If you look at my website (www.ausblueseals.com) there are some problems displaying some of the pages with Internet Explorer.

If you look at the 'About Us' page, it only shows up in Firefox and the other browsers, but not Internet Explorer...

It doesn't do this on all pages, though.

Can you help me?

Page Link: http://ausblueseals.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1
Page Link that shows up in Firefox and Internet Explorer: http://ausblueseals.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5

vbgamer45

Quote from: [A-US]James246 on September 12, 2009, 09:26:51 PM
If you look at my website (www.ausblueseals.com) there are some problems displaying some of the pages with Internet Explorer.

If you look at the 'About Us' page, it only shows up in Firefox and the other browsers, but not Internet Explorer...

It doesn't do this on all pages, though.

Can you help me?

Page Link: http://ausblueseals.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1
Page Link that shows up in Firefox and Internet Explorer: http://ausblueseals.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5
I think this is because you tried to copy and paste text from a word document code behind that page

<p><span style="font-size: large;"><strong>About Us</strong></span></p>
<p><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <mce:style><!   /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} --> <!--[endif]--></p>
<p><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <mce:style><!   /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} --> <!--[endif]--></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">Thank you for visiting us! We started as an Age of Empires III entry level training clan in February 2007. Our intention was to provide free basic training to attract new players that have been kicked off from games to games due to their low ranking.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">Due to the overwhelming request for informal trainings, we added a website to help us organize our training and training materials.&nbsp; We recruited and trained our officers to handle more training requests.&nbsp; Then the unexpected happen, we were getting massive requests to join our clan.&nbsp; The majority of these requests were from our loyal trainees who wanted to join a clan that does something good for the new players because they understood what it was like to be rejected from a game.&nbsp; They wanted to help the clan train other new players.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">This vast growth has opened doors to other exciting opportunities and challenges. To meet these new challenges we have recruited and/or promoted more specialized skill officers, defined and standardized our training procedure to optimize the needs of our trainees, added specialized training tasks for our officers, and in March 2009 we expanded to hosting online tournament with monetary prizes. We will continue to host this successful online tournament.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">We are currently researching and working out our new professional league.&nbsp; In January 2010, we will start our first ever Professional Online Gaming League for Age of Empires III series.&nbsp; We are researching three other online games to add to our newly developed professional league.&nbsp; In January 2010, we will research ways to incorporate Star Craft 2 to add to our online gaming league.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">It is with this online hosting prospect that has our clan very excited about the future. We are currently researching for ways to be a major player in the online gaming industry. We are in the process of adding a research and marketing team that will explore all avenues of the online tournament and professional league.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">In March 2010, we will be operating as a Limited Liability Corporation as we research for suitable sponsorships, affiliates, and advertisement deals.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">In summary, we look to be a stable and dynamic clan in the online gaming community.&nbsp; We will continue to train new players, write basic strategies, and have database of recorded games with post game reviews for our users.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: small;">We hope you enjoy coming to our website!</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

slayer143

OK i am using SMF 2.0 RC1.2, default theme.. I have installed. I setup all the permission. All went good. The problem is ,  as a admin i cannot see any blocks i added. But if i log off, i can view those blocks in the homepage as a guest.. i have set permission for all group. so where did i went wrong?

vbgamer45

What does the permissions look like for each block? Did you collapse any of the columns?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

slayer143

sorry..
i checked that i have 2 admin name
before upgrade i had one
and when i upgrade i put one more
so the confusion was there

now it is ok

just one more question
when i place all the block
it looks neat
when i click at forum
i goes down the block

how can i enable the forum to be in the center instead of going down?

vbgamer45

What kind of column setup do you have? Not sure what you mean about forum moving down?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

in IE, if you have the contents of a surrounding div too wide for the screen, it will automatically makes the sub-set divs appear under each other rather than next to each other...    so try adjusting the width of the columns to be less than the total width of your forum header.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Magicjax

Thanks so much for the suggestions but it's all still gone. My forum just won't show anything.

It all happened when I uninstalled EzPortal. It installed EzPortal twice to I uninstalled in Admin. Now my forum is just a blank page.

I talked to the support in my server and they said ezportal.php was missing. So I uploaded that and still nothing.

You can see it here.
I still have no idea what I can do.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Magicjax on September 13, 2009, 03:49:30 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions but it's all still gone. My forum just won't show anything.

It all happened when I uninstalled EzPortal. It installed EzPortal twice to I uninstalled in Admin. Now my forum is just a blank page.

I talked to the support in my server and they said ezportal.php was missing. So I uploaded that and still nothing.

You can see it here.
I still have no idea what I can do.
Looks like you have it working I can see your forum fine now

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Magicjax

Yes, I still don't know what the problem was though.

Luckily my forum is new and I didn't have any members yet. So I just uninstalled the forum and reinstalled it.

Working fine so far.

So thanks.

Advertisement: