News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnowNothing

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 17, 2009, 07:54:41 PM
Pages can not be set as a homepage by default with ezPortal for now.

What you could do is add a html block that is only shown on your ezPortal homepage. Copy the html code to block's data and use that.
Or you can create a bbc ezBlock and just create the post/page using that editor
Thanks so much - that was easy!

fluffmama

Couple quick questions....

I installed ezportal maybe a couple months ago.  Not sure if it's been updated since, but I'm assuming it has since you mentioned the option to put blocks at the bottom is there.

Here's my issue...I had moved my forum from one domain to another so had to uninstall and reinstall my theme.  I copied all other files over and all went relatively well.  My issue now is that when I click a link in a ezportal box, it logs me out of the forum.  I thought I had made all correct adjustments to my theme after I reinstalled, but it seems something went haywire.

If I uninstall ezportal, and reinstall it, will it keep all my information and pages and blocks I've created?  I would hate to lose everything.  :(

vbgamer45

If you uninstall no information from your ezBlocks is removed so you are safe to install a new version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fluffmama

Ok uninstalled and reinstalled without a hitch  :D

Howeverrrrr....not sure why, or what the issue could be, or even if it involves ezportal...but....

I have links in some of the boxes, and it is still logging me out when i click a link.  Didn't do that originally.  This is NOT because of updated version of ezportal...I believe there could be a hiccup from re-installing the theme.  I thought I got the file mods taken care of, so not sure what could be causing this.  Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Do you have a link to a page that this occurs on? And which block causes this?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fluffmama

This is happening right on my index page, any link I click on.  www.playacespoker.com/smf

In my error log...this is what i'm getting for almost every action....
(ex. http://www.playacespoker.com/smf/index.php?action=adminhttp://www.playacespoker.com/smf/index.php, http://www.playacespoker.com/smf/index.php?action=login   just to name a few)

But here's the error:

Quote8: Undefined index: current_action2
File: /home/content/t/h/e/thenewpokerpot/html/smf/Themes/innocence/index.template.php
Line: 371

Also, not sure if it will help, but here's the area of my index.template.php file that has that manual change.  This is from my theme file...

if ($context['current_action'] == 'theme')
$current_action = isset($_REQUEST['sa']) && $_REQUEST['sa'] == 'pick' ? 'profile' : 'admin';

// EzPortal if (isset($context['current_action2']))
$current_action = $context['current_action2'];

// Are we using right-to-left orientation?
if ($context['right_to_left'])

Hope this helps.

vbgamer45

Change

// EzPortal   if (isset($context['current_action2']))

To
// EzPortal   
if (isset($context['current_action2']))
[/code]

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fluffmama

Ok yay!!  took care of the errors in the log.
  THANK YOU!!!!

But, any idea why I would keep getting logged out when I click a link in one of the ezblocks?

vbgamer45

Some of your links are missing www.
http://playacespoker.com/

Instead of http://www.playacespoker.com/

Which would cause you to logout since it thinks it is two different sites. Unless you enable subdomain independent cookies I think

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fluffmama

YOU ROCK!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

I think because I've switched domain names that's where it got screwy.  I knew to go fix the /smf/ instead of another file I had it in originally, but never even noticed the "www" missing.

*tucks tail between legs and hides in a corner for being a dork*  >:(

Thanks again!!!  :D :D

fluffmama

Oops ok...sorry, one more quick thing.  Just tried putting a box at the "bottom", and it's not showing up.  Did the shout box, then did a test box.

Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Quote from: fluffmama on October 18, 2009, 08:10:24 PM
Oops ok...sorry, one more quick thing.  Just tried putting a box at the "bottom", and it's not showing up.  Did the shout box, then did a test box.

Any ideas?
You have to enabled the column. By default the top and bottom columns are disabled.
Click on the edit column link to enable that column next to the columns name

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fluffmama

Sorry to take so long to get back....I wanted to make sure all settings were right, and that I did all the correct manual file fixes.

All seems good, and that block is 'enabled'.  I even tried switching to 'no' then back to 'yes' for the enable option.  That didn't work either.

Is it possible it won't work with my theme?

vbgamer45

Did you click on the the "edit column" link to enable the top and bottom columns

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fluffmama

Gah!!  Totally missed that link.  I found it now.  Didn't even realize that was hiding there.

All is good.  I REALLY appreciate  your patience vbgamer.  Thank you so much.  I'll leave you alone now.  :D

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hartiberlin

Can EZ Portal place Google Adsense Ads in a script block BETWEEN
postings ?

I am looking for a Portal software that can do this.

PortaMX I am currently using can not do this and as
SMFAds Mod will probably not be further developed I need
another system that can put blocks between postings inside the forum,
not just at the borders, but between the postings.

Which Portal or other MOD can do this and will be compatible with SMF2.0 RC2 ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

bloc

Quote from: hartiberlin on October 21, 2009, 05:09:42 PM
Can EZ Portal place Google Adsense Ads in a script block BETWEEN
postings ?

I am looking for a Portal software that can do this.

PortaMX I am currently using can not do this and as
SMFAds Mod will probably not be further developed I need
another system that can put blocks between postings inside the forum,
not just at the borders, but between the postings.

Which Portal or other MOD can do this and will be compatible with SMF2.0 RC2 ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

I don't think any portal mod does it, afaik. You need to do it from a theme, changing Display.template, like I have done in my Pegasus theme. In there I have put the option to insert html code within "current theme settings" which is shown either between each post, or under the first post only. Of course any tracking of clicks etc. isn't done, like the ads mod does.

vbgamer45

I am working on my own ads mod which will be released shortly

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hartiberlin

Quote from: Bloc on October 21, 2009, 06:53:27 PM

I don't think any portal mod does it, afaik. You need to do it from a theme, changing Display.template, like I have done in my Pegasus theme. In there I have put the option to insert html code within "current theme settings" which is shown either between each post, or under the first post only. Of course any tracking of clicks etc. isn't done, like the ads mod does.

I see,
I will have a look at your Theme and also will look at what VBgamer will come up with.

Will there be also the possibility with VBgamer´s admod to  let different membergroups
show different ads, so
for paying subscribers there will be no ads and for guests there will be always ads to be displayed ?

This would be an important feature that just a theme modification probably can not do.

Or can one set different themes for different membergroups ?
Just have to see, if this works somehow...

Many thanks.

Advertisement: