News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

I going to announce details in a couple weeks going to be pretty large mod and will have membergroup support definitely.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

clewis789

My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tommybishop

Hello, i installed this mod and now i get..

Table 'a8835704_0.smf_ezp_settings' doesn't exist
File: /home/a8835704/public_html/Sources/Subs-EzPortalMain.php
Line: 19

That error message on every page of my board... PLEASE HELP!

my forum --> http://anotherwrestlingforum.co.cc/index.php

vbgamer45

The mod failed to create the database tables. Check forum error log for details.
To disable rename index.php~ to index.php in your forum's root directory

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tommybishop

for some reason when i try to install it via the forum it gives me an error message saying

"Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/a8835704/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2914"

i had originally just done it manually and thought that might be the issue..  any further help would be appreciated

vbgamer45

Yeah that looks like a host issue.
What you can do is copy the EzPortalInstall.php to your root directory of your forum then run it that way.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

shellniger

Hi,

Please help me with my implementation for the EzPortal for my forum website.

I have installed the ezPortal on my forum & I want to separate the ezportal from the forum. So under the EzPortal settings, I have tick "Enable Portal Homepage". However I when I have done that, the "Ezportal Homepage" has taken over the URL of the forum. And now the url of the forum is:
hxxp:jmcove.com/ezportal/index.php?action=forum [nonactive] instead of just hxxp:jmcove.com [nonactive]

I want my forum at the top of the domain & the EzPortal on a sub-folder or sub-domain.

Example:
hxxp:www.jmcove.com [nonactive] [Forum URL]
hxxp:portal.jmcove.com [nonactive] [Portal URL] or
hxxp:www.jmcove.com/index.php?action=portal [nonactive] [Portal URLl]

Thanks. Sorry for showing the url here, I know that I am only allowed to post links or URL when I have more than 10 posts.

Kindred

that's not how this (or ANY of the portal mods) work...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Yeah ezPortal is not yet standalone maybe one day in the future so you can have it another directory that is a long way off though

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

shellniger

No I didn't want to have the EzPortal as a standalone. My explanation is no good, I hope you understand I mean.

This is what I have done so far
I had select the "Enable Portal Homepage" settings & when I creates the ezblocks, I set the Portal Homepage as the only Visible Areas. So by doing the above , I have separated out all the ezblocks from the forum. All the ezblocks are only shown on the Portal Homepage

However by doing so, the Portal homepage has overtake the original URL of my forum & becoming the main website or homepage.

If there any way to rewrite the URL of the Portal Homepage so that it's another page of the forum but not becoming the homepage. I need the forum as the homepage. The reason I wanted so is because not to affect the SEO.

Kindred

no... as I said, none of the portal mods allow you to do that. All 4 of the portal mods set the forum to action=forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[SiNaN]

Quote from: shellniger on November 03, 2009, 04:33:55 AM
If there any way to rewrite the URL of the Portal Homepage so that it's another page of the forum but not becoming the homepage. I need the forum as the homepage. The reason I wanted so is because not to affect the SEO.

It would have a dramatic effect SEO wise if the mod changed the board url, but it does not. It just replaces the board index url. To give an example:

Before you install the mod:
Board Index: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php
Board 1: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?board=1.0
Topic 1: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?topic=1.0

After you install the mod:
Board Index: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=forum
Board 1: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?board=1.0
Topic 1: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?topic=1.0

So it is just the board index url changing. Board and topic urls, means the content, is not affected at all. I haven't seen any negative effects of moving board index to ?action=forum in several of my forums.

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2009, 08:27:16 AM
no... as I said, none of the portal mods allow you to do that. All 4 of the portal mods set the forum to action=forum.

There is at least one portal mod I know of that has full standalone support. ;)
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

SAFAD

Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

vbgamer45

Thanks I try to make mods that are useful and fun for me as well

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FireDitto

Now that RC2 is released, do you think it'll take long for the next update?

:P
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

vbgamer45

Not long for an update have some cool things planned.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Ezportal 0.3.3 Released with SMF 2.0 RC2 Support!

+Now supports SMF 2.0 RC2!
+Added Edit/Delete icons instead of text on edit/delete ezBlocks in the main forum layout
+Added column status indicator of Enabled or Disabled next to edit column
+Closer spacing on the installed ezBlock list
!Fixed possible undefined index for SMF Classifieds ezBlock
!Fixed bug in SMF 2.0 which could cause the module list to fail to load

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FireDitto

QuoteThe server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

o_O

My error log isn't showing anything.

I tried re-downloading the mod, and then reinstalling it. Everything ran through smoothly both times, but when I click the Install button, instead of going "whoo!" it goes "Eff-You" :P
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

vbgamer45

That's strange check your control panel's website/server error log

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: