News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimode

Quote from: Kindred on November 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM
Many browsers will not allow cross-domain scripts...

In other words, because your javascript is calling content from somewhere else (not your own site), the browser will prevent it. (at least any browser with proper security settings sill do so)

It's weird - I had it up and running using iFrames and now it stopped working.. I set up a separate HTML file that I access via iFrame.. When I just use the HTML file (outside) EZPortal it works.. within EZPortal no such luck.. Using the HTML Block -

<CENTER>
<iframe
width="650"
height="620"
scrolling="no"
align="top"
frameborder="0"
src="http://www.xxxx.com/chat/videochat.html [nofollow]"></iframe>
</CENTER>

Here's the HTML file..

<html>
<body>
<!--////START TINYCHAT EMBED////-->
<script>
var tinychat = { room: 'xxxxxx', login: "tc", bcast: "restrict", api: "none", join: "auto" };

</script>
<script src='http://tinychat.com/js/embed.js' [nofollow]></script>
<div id='client'></div>
<!--////END TINYCHAT EMBED////-->

</body>
</html>

Really would be cool to embed TinyChat into the forum - hopefully it can be done either EzBlock or PageManager..

any suggestions?

vbgamer45

If you view the source of the page how does the html code look for your chat block
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ScottDB

Hi all, I havent used this forum for a couple of months now. Is it just me or has this forum changed in the last couple of months?

Any how was looking at this mod and wanted to know how it integrates with simple portal. What I wanted to do was to create a custom home page to be displayed so that when you first go to the site this page is diplayed.  Will this mod do this and is it compatible with Simple Portal?
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

zimode

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2009, 04:52:19 PM
If you view the source of the page how does the html code look for your chat block

Basically I'm not a HTML or PHP guy.. just use the mod's to try to accomplish my tweaking..

When I view the page source.. the chat source looks pretty much the same as what was in the ezBlock..

Here's the snip from the page view source..

<iframe
width="750"
height="620"
scrolling="no"
align="top"
frameborder="0"
src="http://www.softech-sol.com/chat/videochat.html [nofollow] [nofollow]"></iframe>
</CENTER>

I'm clueless on this kind-of stuff

zimode

I Have totally blown it.. I have messed up my Forum by trying to add an EZblock.. Not the MOD's fault, but mine.. I need to delete an EZBlock  block id 29.. as I cannot delete it via the user interface.. I can't do anything in ADMIN mode as the BLOCK has messed up the user..

So any ideas..

vbgamer45

Go inside the database look for the smf_ezp_layout table delete the last entry
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

zimode

Whew! I ended up going into the `smf_ezp_block_layout' table via phpMYAdmin and editing the block to "undo" what I did and then was able to delete via the EzBlock user interface (mod)..

Back to square on trying to embed the TinyChat..

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hartiberlin

Does ezPortal support blocks between postings ?

I would need this to put Google Adsense ads between
the postings.

Many thanks.

zimode

Yeah.. I was flipping out for a sec.. but the end user didn't see the mistake so that was good..

I got into trouble when I tried to cut & past the script code and since I have no idea what I'm doing.. just blew it..

But I'm committed to trying to get it to work..Yep.. I'm a glutton for punishment..

If anyone has any idea on how I can embed TinyChat.. that would be great!!

thanks.

Kindred

Quote from: hartiberlin on November 22, 2009, 11:01:14 PM
Does ezPortal support blocks between postings ?

I would need this to put Google Adsense ads between
the postings.

no...   you are looking for the ad mod, none of the portals will do what you are asking.

Quote from: ScottDB on November 22, 2009, 07:43:42 PM
Hi all, I havent used this forum for a couple of months now. Is it just me or has this forum changed in the last couple of months?

Any how was looking at this mod and wanted to know how it integrates with simple portal. What I wanted to do was to create a custom home page to be displayed so that when you first go to the site this page is diplayed.  Will this mod do this and is it compatible with Simple Portal?
???   Simpleportal and EZPortal are both portal systems...  they are not compatibile with each other since they both do the same sort of thing
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

flutter

Quote from: ScottDB on November 22, 2009, 07:43:42 PM

Scott, hope you see this.  I'm using ezportal and don't have simple portal.  I find ezportal to be more flexible.  I tried simple and it put too much up there that I would have to sort out, with ezportal you choose from the outset what you want and it was easier for me, a newbie, to set up.

Yes, it does allow you to create a homepage that is seperate from the forum and in doing so you also get a forum button that takes members to the forum.  You can create multiple pages wioth it.  If you install vbgamers other mods, like links, articles, gallery, you can have everything you need.

Hope this helps, only one way to find out if it suits you, give it a go.  You can't have simple portal and this one but you wouldn't need simple as this does what you need.

Just downloaded the update and my real reason for popping in here was to say thank you to vbgamer for all your hard work and continued support and development for this mod.

zimode

Quote from: Kindred on November 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM
Many browsers will not allow cross-domain scripts...

In other words, because your javascript is calling content from somewhere else (not your own site), the browser will prevent it. (at least any browser with proper security settings sill do so)

I'm still on the hunt here.. not giving up!

So if I copy the .js script over to my domain that may clear it up.. the problem is I can call it from my HTML page.. and it works.. both are referencing the script on another domain..tinychat.. and both my domains are a sub-domain on a web hosting service (bluehost.com)

my domain for the forum is  xxxxforum.org [nofollow]
my domain for the HTML is   xxxx-sol.com/chat/ [nofollow]

The xxx-sol.com/chat [nofollow] works (videochat.html), but when I try to use the iFrame to reference as a source it doesn't.. But I swear I had it working for a while.. then "poof" ..

zimode

I finally figured out what was happening with embeding the TInyChat code.. Looks like EzPortal takes the single quote ' and changes it to something else "&#39;" .. So I just changed all the  single quote ' to double quote " and it worked..

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FireDitto

It FINALLY installed for  me.

I have NO idea what it's issue was, but you know... w/e. It's installed and working beautifully for me now =) I reckon my computer/internet was probably just kicking a ****** :P haha
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

vbgamer45

Glad you finally got it working! That was a strange one.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ravyn42

I'm working on a mac and when I download the package, it automatically unzips the package whether I want it to or not. In order to upload it to my site it says it has to be zipped, so I zip it but it then says that the file is invalid or corrupt. how can I upload the package without it being zipped since I can't control my comp unzipping the file?

vbgamer45

Try this adding a a package server
http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,15.0.html

Go inside your forum Admin -> Packages- > Download Packages
In the Add Server page
Enter Server Name: SMF Hacks
for Url enter: http://www.smfhacks.com

And click Add Server

After that the page should refresh and the package server should be listed click on the "[Browse]" link then find ezportal inside it and click download

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ravyn42

Thank you very much! that did the trick!

I haven't worked on my site for well over a year and I have forgotten how to do everything. And after updating it some things changed which confused me even more. but I got it working now. You're awesome.

Advertisement: