News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ravyn42

is there a way to make the 'portal' page to be a separate page in the root directory??

The way I have my forum set up is www.mypage.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]. I was hoping to make the portal page www.mypage.com/index.php [nofollow] or www.mypage.com/portal.php. [nofollow]

Is this possible? or would I have to move my forum scripts to the root directory?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ravyn42

ok, good to know. I'll just have to watch for it.

And last question: I want to add a blog to my forum (wordpress I think.... dunno really, hubby picked it out) and I was wondering if I could somehow use the ez pages to apply the SMF forum themes to the blog. I'm not entirely certain it would work, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Kindred

Sorry Ravyn, no....   this portal let's you create pages, etc... but it does not apply the forum theme to other pages (this is a portal, not a CMS)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ravyn42

Yeah, I kind of figured that out after I really got into it. I felt like a dummy after I figured it out. heh...

But I found some nice alternatives! Looking at the SMF Articles thingy. looks like it might do the trick!

KensonPlays

It Won't let me uninstall it! The errors are for on the index.php file! What do I do???

Thanks, I am going to try "Content Management System" mod...

vbgamer45

You can ignore it maybe or uninstall it manually. I don't think the cms mod is that good though...

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

h4rvey

can anyone help me out with this.

i have installed SMF 1.1.11 and first thing i try is to install ezportal but when i try to upload it the page trys to load for a while then says page cannot be displayed. and it will not load.

is ther something im missing?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KensonPlays

vbgamer45

Quote from: h4rvey on December 28, 2009, 10:24:27 AM
can anyone help me out with this.

i have installed SMF 1.1.11 and first thing i try is to install ezportal but when i try to upload it the page trys to load for a while then says page cannot be displayed. and it will not load.

is ther something im missing?
Check your forum's error log too just in case for any possible issues.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quick update to fix a couple things and a couple new features

!Fixed a bug in the SMF Store ezBlock not working correctly
+Added thumbnails to Downloads Pro ezBlock
+Better sorting by top rated for downloads ezBlock
+Added check all function for membergroups on adding ezBlocks/pages

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

zijO

Great mod!

In Visible areas option I want to select some block to be shown only at forums home page. Can it be done?

Current selection is from Help, Search, Profile.... and there is no HOME to select.

I am using mod with SMF2

Wondering if ajax chat integration shoutbox can be shown inside ezportal blocks.

vbgamer45

There should be a "Board Index" visible option near the top which will show only on the board homepage

Ajax chat maybe can be added to an ezblock the code would need to be moved from the template into an php ezBlock itself

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cruth

ezPortal installation caused my site to crash.

http://www.fancyfoodnews.com/foru/index.php?action=packageget [nofollow]

just reinstalled everything and went to add this mod. Site crashed and got the following error message. Look s like I have to start over.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/ffnews/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 3695

vbgamer45

You can either attach that Subs.php to this post or a quick fix would be to rename Subs.php~ to Subs.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SA™

hello can you tell me where i can edit the userblock ive looked everywhere in the files and cant seem to find it?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

vbgamer45

If you want to edit the core code. Sources/Subs-EzPortal.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

Now, how do I reset the page count, to start the page URLs from 1?

Thanks!

Advertisement: