News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damnitmike

In the EZBlock Manager under the EZBlock tab the ezblocks are list Left-Center-Right -Top Bottom..

It says Left-Edit Column-ENABLED........click the edit column.

Maserati

How to put size in px? Becouse if I put Column Width  175     
Column Width Percent     0

it put column on 350 px, ont 175

damnitmike

vbgamer45

If you use pixels for width settings you must it for all columns instead of percents
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dream of Omnimaga

I found a bug with both recent topics and recent posts EzBlocks:

I have both setup on a forum page so one show 250 topics and the other 250 posts. However, they fail to show that many: The first shows a random amount of recent topics between 23 and 35-ish, while the other shows a random amount of recent posts between maybe 100 and 130, or something like that. Not sure if this is random, but you should look into that maybe, since some people with very active boards may want to have like 1000 recent replies to show in one single page, if they have very active boards and members who don't visit frequently.

Bug in action:

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=activity

Despite both being setup at 250, none shows 250 at all.

I also posted something regarding this on the EzPortal site, but in case it gets missed I wanted to post it in the mod topic here too.

NOTE:

SMF 1.1.11, tested on two boards, including the one I linked to above. On the other one, I tried with no other mods installed. Hosting provider is 1and1 (shared hosting).

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tulumer

I just installed EzPortal on 1.1.11.
When I leave Admin, all I can see are the header and footer.
Header....footer....theme background. 

Did I miss a permission somewhere?

screenshot attached
Man, this stuff is really complicated.
But I like it.

www.TripReports.info
www.TulumReviews.com

vbgamer45

Must likely what you did was enable Portal under Admin -> ezPortal -> Settings

In order to have items appear on your homepage. You must add ezBlocks under the ezBlock manager and set their visible settings to appear  on the Portal Homepage

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tulumer

vbgamer, that was it.
disabled the portal on the homepage and everything was back......re-enabled portal and added a block and it was still there.

Thanks, vb!
But I like it.

www.TripReports.info
www.TulumReviews.com

vbgamer45

Glad you got it! Going to make better help/docs for future versions too

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tulumer

vbgamer, back again.

I can't figure out how to place a block on a specific board.  Is that possible?  If so, where do I make the selection?  All I've been able to find so far is the ability to chose Right, Left or Center.  This is gonna make things a lot easier!

Thanks!
But I like it.

www.TripReports.info
www.TulumReviews.com

vbgamer45

Yes it is possible.

Edit the ezBlock there should be a link near Visible areas called "Updated Visible Options"
Just make sure you have  just that board selected and nothing else.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kentarre

I feel like I have to be missing something easy. For some reason, the basic html editor is not showing when editing the custom EZ pages.  Is there a box someplace I need to check?  On my other website, that editor is working fine and I can't figure out what I did differently.  Most current version of EZ portal on both websites and using SMF 1.1.11

vbgamer45

Check that the tiny_mce folder in in the ezportal folder and that is not empty.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tulumer

I'd like to put HTML code, at least live links, directly into a post on a specific child board.  If that's possible, how do I do it?  I'm using EzPortal, and when I've created an HTML board, it hasn't been presented or counted by SMF as a Topic or Post. 
But I like it.

www.TripReports.info
www.TulumReviews.com

vbgamer45

I don't know if that is ezPortal related. Sounds more like a theme edit to include the links inside a post.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kentarre

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 24, 2010, 07:52:53 PM
Check that the tiny_mce folder in in the ezportal folder and that is not empty.

yes, the folder is there and it is full of items.

Another question. How would I put content onto the portal home page without using an ezblock?

vbgamer45

If you use firefox you can check for errors under toots -> error console when the html editor is loaded.

An ezblock is required to place content on the portal homepage.
You can create your own content with a html/php ezblock

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kentarre

Idea/Suggestion - An EZblock showing upcoming events and their dates from the calendar would be really nice.

Kindred

you can toss that into a php block using SSI functions. (see my use on 40konline)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: