News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Whenever i install this on the new version my site basically stops responding with insanely long queries. So not sure whats up with that. It seems to happen when i install the package.

Not sure what the problem may be. Simple portal seems to install but i prefer ez Portal.

Any ideas?
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.

Powered by SMF 2.0

www.touchofdeathproductions.com

vbgamer45

When it installs or after it is installed?

What version were upgrading from?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Marsh

After it installs i was uprading from Rc2

I just finished a 100% clean install and it still stalls out my entire forum when used. Default setup only mod installed. Do you have msn or a chatroom we can meet in to debug? i would really appreciate it.

Powered by SMF 2.0

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Marsh

I got simple portal working. Thanks for the offer though. I really do love ez portal. perhaps some day i can use it again.

Powered by SMF 2.0

DarkValentine

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 11, 2010, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: Marsh on March 11, 2010, 04:18:45 AM
Quote from: DarkValentine on March 11, 2010, 02:16:30 AM
After updating to 0.3.8 of ezPortal, I get the following error that floods my error log.

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/generati/public_html/forum/Sources/EzPortal.php
Line: 1994

On that line is the following:

foreach($ezColumnsBlockColumnCache as $row2)

This was just shortly after upgrading ezPortal through package manager.

I was getting the same error
Updated a new version that should fix that.

Yep, that update fixed it. Thanks

vbgamer45

Glad that works strange that it would give an error since that code is always sent.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkValentine

yeah, it was like, when I updated to 0.3.8, that error would appear. When I cleared the error log, that error would always come back. The update for 0.3.8a really fixed the job. Thanks again.

Kasp

Hello

Having a small problem with the News Topic ez module in which you select a Boards to be posted and it shows on the main page. In the set-up it allows you to select multiple lines (multiple Boards) that you can show however when saved only the information from the board on the first line of the selection is shown and no subsequent info from other selected lines!

If you need any more info then let me know

I should also add i am running RC3 and 0.3.8a portal

Thanks

vbgamer45

How many characters are you set to display using that ezBlock?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

I updated to RC3 a hour ago, and I am trying to install 0.3.8 and it gives me a 500 EVERY TIME, EVERYTIME!!!
Damn it!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Twi12561

Wow! ezPortal is a wonderful mod, excellent work, kudoes to the developer! :)

I've installed it on a 1.1.11 site mostly to create web pages (and that editor is fab, btw) for our site and wondered if there is a way to allow non-administrative membergroups the permission to edit pages created by ezPortal? 

Obviously I don't want to grant them all Admin access to the forum itself, which is the only way I've seen to do it thus far? Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Yes there is Under Admin -> Permissions modify each group  and then give the membergroup "Manage ezBlocks"

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Twi12561

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 18, 2010, 02:33:18 PM
Yes there is Under Admin -> Permissions modify each group  and then give the membergroup "Manage ezBlocks"

Yeah, I tried that. An error message occurs: "You are not allowed to administrate this forum."

My apologies, I obviously wasn't clearly describing my question. Let me try again.

I have ezPortal set up to provide webpages for our forum (which is for text-based role playing games, hxxp:newlegends.net [nonactive] if you're interested. Guests can't do much but look around, though). I have the pages listed in the Links section (SMF Links of course!). Members can read the pages, but they cannot edit them. It would be extremely helpful if they could edit them, for the way we're using them.

However, every way I configure the permission for the membergroup results in either A) the error message I included above or B) WAY too much administrative access to the rest of the forum. :) 

Have I missed something?

vbgamer45

Quote from: Twi12561 on March 18, 2010, 02:56:36 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 18, 2010, 02:33:18 PM
Thanks it was a bug and has been fixed!

Please uninstall the current ezPortal version then reinstall from the mod site.
Yeah, I tried that. An error message occurs: "You are not allowed to administrate this forum."

My apologies, I obviously wasn't clearly describing my question. Let me try again.

I have ezPortal set up to provide webpages for our forum (which is for text-based role playing games, http://newlegends.net if you're interested. Guests can't do much but look around, though). I have the pages listed in the Links section (SMF Links of course!). Members can read the pages, but they cannot edit them. It would be extremely helpful if they could edit them, for the way we're using them.

However, every way I configure the permission for the membergroup results in either A) the error message I included above or B) WAY too much administrative access to the rest of the forum. :) 

Have I missed something?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

YES! It went past 500 and is working so far!!

Keep getting session timed out... grrrr....

Advertisement: