News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfitz

Does ezPortal require any manual file edits to work with custom themes (SMF 2.0 RC3) or will it work out of the box?

vbgamer45

It works will all themes out of the box for SMF 2.0 RC3
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

madfitz

vbgamer45

Let me know how it goes or if you have suggestions/ideas
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Siirist

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 02, 2010, 04:03:37 PM

Well, it went just fine using the package manager to upload it after we had downloaded to our hard drive. :)
All tests passed.  :D

Suggestions?  Um, an operator's manual.  ;)   ;D

I just have to figure it out.  :P

Take Care,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

vbgamer45

Yeah I have a guide planned. Mostly you would use the ezBlock manager to add ezBlocks to your forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

madfitz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 02, 2010, 04:03:37 PM

Install went well - no problems at all. Configuration is pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Good job! Thanks for this :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hawd

hellow, im using 2.0 RC3 and i've just uninstalled ez portal, not because this mod is bad. but because i decided to not use portal on my forum. =)
so i uninstalled it and there's no error when i run it. But, when i go to cPanel, i've found "ezportal" folder in home directory. i tried to delete it but it cant. the folder wont removed and still there, complete with it,s content.

then i use cPanel's disc space usage to delete that folder, then appear text said cannot remove because permissions is denied.
i really confused, what perms? because chmod is already 777.

please help me, because this folder is annoying and with 4,78 megs, removed it will be better

Siirist

hawd,

I have uninstalled, I have some other problems with other stuff.

I also have a ezportal folder. 

Usually, if a folder can not be deleted, it is because one or more file from that folder is being used.

Are you sure that the uninstall is complete?  You can double check by using the parser.

THIS IS JUST A EXAMPLE ------->

Sources/an_example.php

Find:
*this is a sentence

Replace with:
*this is a incomplete sentence

Find:
> the color blue

Add:
and red

<---------END OF EXAMPLE

The way I check, is to go backwards.

I open Sources/an_example.php

then I look for:
"and red"
if it is there, I remove only "and red"

then I look for:
"*this is a incomplete sentence"
if I find it, I replace it with:
"*this is a sentence"

I call this a manual un-install.

If the un-install went okay, and you go backwards, you will not find the things in the files.

Be careful and of course, ALWAYS BACK-UP BEFORE you change anything.

Cloud 8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Kindred

actually, the mod does not remove the folder during the uninstall...    as for manually removing it, you would have to use your cpanel file manager probably... because of the way your host has php permissions/ownership set.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on April 14, 2010, 08:23:15 AM
actually, the mod does not remove the folder during the uninstall...    as for manually removing it, you would have to use your cpanel file manager probably... because of the way your host has php permissions/ownership set.

Kindred,

Thanks for posting. ;D  Was just try to figure why they couldn't delete the folder. ???

Be Well,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:

hawd

Quote from: Cloud Walker on April 14, 2010, 08:08:08 AM
hawd,

I have uninstalled, I have some other problems with other stuff.

I also have a ezportal folder. 

Usually, if a folder can not be deleted, it is because one or more file from that folder is being used.

Are you sure that the uninstall is complete?  You can double check by using the parser.

THIS IS JUST A EXAMPLE ------->

Sources/an_example.php

Find:
*this is a sentence

Replace with:
*this is a incomplete sentence

Find:
> the color blue

Add:
and red

<---------END OF EXAMPLE

The way I check, is to go backwards.

I open Sources/an_example.php

then I look for:
"and red"
if it is there, I remove only "and red"

then I look for:
"*this is a incomplete sentence"
if I find it, I replace it with:
"*this is a sentence"

I call this a manual un-install.

If the un-install went okay, and you go backwards, you will not find the things in the files.

Be careful and of course, ALWAYS BACK-UP BEFORE you change anything.

Cloud 8)

Cloud,

thanks for your reply. but i dont understand. sorry. :-[
can you tell me exactly what file i must change? and im sure the uninstall is complete. Or, if install ez portal again and i uninstall it, will i safely remove the folder now?

sorry if my question was stupid, really confused here.... :'(

aceforum

Hello!

I got to know of ezportal just yesterday (from one of the SMF forums I visited yesterday that is ezportal modified). When I tried to follow the ezportal link, the following page says I am a banned user!  :o
Any reasons for this to happen? have you banned any series of IP addresses? I am with Airtel's Broadband service, and it is one of the biggest broadband providers.
Kindly help.

Siirist

Hawd,

I installed ezPortal on a new forum that has 4 other mods on it.

ezPortal installed with NO problems

I set up a front page and some blocks

I then un-install ezPortal with the package manager by going to Browse Packages [Uninstall]

Then I deleted ezPortal with the package manager by going to Browse Packages and selecting [Delete]

Then I logged in to my host, and used cPanel to locate a ezPortal folder using File Manger- > www -> forum

Then I clicked on the name ezPortal and selected Delete.

"Are you sure you want to delete this folder and all files underneath it?"

I clicked "Yes" and the folder is gone.

Be Well,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:

vbgamer45

Quote from: aceforum on April 16, 2010, 02:54:16 AM
Hello!

I got to know of ezportal just yesterday (from one of the SMF forums I visited yesterday that is ezportal modified). When I tried to follow the ezportal link, the following page says I am a banned user!  :o
Any reasons for this to happen? have you banned any series of IP addresses? I am with Airtel's Broadband service, and it is one of the biggest broadband providers.
Kindly help.
[/quote
If that is India then yes banned due to spammers

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aceforum

Hello VBGamer45

I understand the pain with spammers....but does it make you believe that everyone from India is a spammer? I hope not.  May I ask you if there is any way to overcome this issue or to prove to you that I am not a spammer?

Please help!

vbgamer45

Yeah i generally ban russia, india, and turkey due to spam.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hawd

Quote from: Cloud Walker on April 16, 2010, 03:27:01 AM
Hawd,

I installed ezPortal on a new forum that has 4 other mods on it.

ezPortal installed with NO problems

I set up a front page and some blocks

I then un-install ezPortal with the package manager by going to Browse Packages [Uninstall]

Then I deleted ezPortal with the package manager by going to Browse Packages and selecting [Delete]

Then I logged in to my host, and used cPanel to locate a ezPortal folder using File Manger- > www -> forum

Then I clicked on the name ezPortal and selected Delete.

"Are you sure you want to delete this folder and all files underneath it?"

I clicked "Yes" and the folder is gone.

Be Well,
Cloud 8)

i did all you said before i post my question in here. the folder in my host file manager still cannot be deleted......

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: