News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenamura

Howdy people lol, but see i have an issue with the ezPortal mod, see i love the mod so no worries there just every time i try to put a marquee code within a new page in the ezPage section, note: i have a news box i wrote a while back and was inserting it into the page via the html option button with in the word editor, i was wondering if there was either a problem with my core coding of the ezPortal codes or if it just doesnt support marquee codes yet.

Thanks for the help, ezPortal is an awesome mod, no problems so far with exception of the html problems in the ezPage new page editor. :] keep the great work up guys

hawd

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 20, 2010, 10:28:29 AM
Reset the permissions it and then delete it.

thanks for your reply, vbgamer... but,
I even cannot reset the permission! when i changed it, the text like this appear:
QuoteFileOp Failure on:home/ ... /... / ezportal:
Operation not permitted

vbgamer45

If you need to delete I would try contacting your host if you can't change permissions to delete it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

bullbreedluverz

i noticed this when i updated ezportal to latest version the collapse/expand images on blocks are a bit misaligned - thought it was my custom themes fault but i just happened to click on Curve theme and its the same on that theme too, its nothing major but does look a bit odd having the image pushed up to top instead of center vertically aligned and doesnt keep consistancy from portal to forum

you can have a flick through on my theme demo site to see it properly on different themes DEMO

vbgamer45

Hmm maybe a valign="center" would do the trick and look better.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maserati

vbgamer45

Part of the SMF Articles mod download it from the modsite.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maserati

No i just need articles for portal like simple portal...

vbgamer45

Yeah you would grab that mod which is like simple portals one. That just use the ezblocks for it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Oz_X

Hiya - new user so sorry if this has been previously discussed.

Im trying to use these 'buttons' with a JS rollover code

hxxp:www.semperx.com/images/links/linksnavi_off.htm [nonactive]

As you can see it all works properly

I've pasted the code into an "Ez Blocks" HTML module so it will be in the center column, but its all wiggy:

hxxp:www.semperx.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

As you can see its certainly wiggin out. I think its some kind of coding problem when it get pasting in but I am at a loss to figure it out.

Any help or workaround would be GREATLY appreciated!    Thanks

KensonPlays

i reinstalled my website (accidentally deleted all files not in folders in root) and re-installed. im on my phone with Opera Mini 5 Beta and i would like to know the action=admin;area=HERE for ezportal main admin and block admin. thanks vB for this awesome mod!!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

vbgamer45

Here are the action urls
action=admin;area=ezportal;sa=settings
action=admin;area=ezportal;sa=blocks
action=admin;area=ezportal;sa=pagemanager

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Father Time

Good evening everyone,

Well I am having a problem that I just can't seem to resolve. I'm not that experienced with PHP so I figured rather then spending another 8 hours looking for the answer I would request the assistance of the experienced members of SMF forums.

Basic setup
SMF 2.0 RC3
ezportal0.3.9b

What Im trying to accomplish
I am trying to display the body of a single post inside a EZblock. I've managed to get this working when using a normal test.php document

<?php require("/home/content/v/e/r/vermillion2083/html/aim/SSI.php"); ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<?php $post ssi_fetchPosts(14NULLNULL);
echo 
$post[0]['body'], '<br />'?>

<body>
</body>
</html>

but when I copy the same code that works into a php ezblock I get the following error (which displays inside the EzBlock):

"ezBlock unable to run PHP syntax error!"

I have no idea what to do as I've tried a multitude of variations to rectify this problem with no success. I am trying to keep this post simple for the readers benifit, but if I have left out any vital information please let me know and I will post it as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to assist with this issue!

Kindred

why do you have a full HTML page defined in there?

require('/home/content/v/e/r/vermillion2083/html/aim/SSI.php');
$post = ssi_fetchPosts(14, NULL, NULL);
echo $post[0]['body'], '<br />';
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Father Time

Quote from: Kindred on June 08, 2010, 10:26:55 PM
why do you have a full HTML page defined in there?

The only reason I had the entire webpage definition was because as I said I got the code working in a dreamweaver designed web page to prove it could be done, then tried to directly copy the code over, but it failed to work. I originally had it set up with only the three valued as you have above (or atleast I thought) but I must have had something slightly off that resulted in me attempting to code in a web designer to prove the concept possible.

Quote from: Kindred on June 08, 2010, 10:26:55 PM

require('/home/content/v/e/r/vermillion2083/html/aim/SSI.php');
$post = ssi_fetchPosts(14, NULL, NULL);
echo $post[0]['body'], '<br />';

This worked perfectly, thank you! I wish I could identify what the difference between my original attempt and this one is (not what I posted by my original attempts). Thank you again, have a great evening!
[/quote]

vbgamer45

I would not include the <?php tags

And make sure that all html is also echoed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FireDitto

Installed on a fresh RC3

But it's not saving any of my Visibility Options or User Access options.

Ideas why this could be?

EDIT: None of the blocks are working at all, no matter what portion of the site I try to have them appear on, or where [side, top, bottom, center etc]
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Lightraven

When trying to install on a fresh 2.0RC3 (MySQL 5.5) I get the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 5
File: D:\WEBFILES\forum\Packages\temp\EzPortalInstall2.php
Line: 35

This also seems to be related the errors I get when trying to install SMF 1.11, and Aeva 1.3. Since 1.11 gives the db errors on install as well, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's related to MySQL 5.5 and how the db files are being installed (note that the 2.0 installer seems to work fine when installing).

Advertisement: