ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crobbe

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2016, 03:17:34 PM
only if you can manually make those changes to remove the ezportal code...

And what do you mean by that exactly?

If I go forward there will be Ezportal code left, is that what you are saying?

Manually, as in remove them from the server if necessary?

Kindred

Yes, the system can not automatically edit the code...  If you continue, that means that ezportal code I'll be left behind.
And no...   Don't delete the files. You have to manually EDIT the files to remove the ezportal code from within them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crobbe

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2016, 05:07:53 PM
Yes, the system can not automatically edit the code...  If you continue, that means that ezportal code I'll be left behind.
And no...   Don't delete the files. You have to manually EDIT the files to remove the ezportal code from within them

Ok, I can do that, edit the files I mean.

The question is.... do I know what to remove? Probably not :-)

Will there be stuff that is marked "this is EZPortal stuff"?

vbgamer45

Easiest way would be to upload the old package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the file edits.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

crobbe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 11, 2016, 11:06:03 AM
Easiest way would be to upload the old package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the file edits.

Ok, that sounds great, you'll have to be more specific in what I should do though, steps please :)

Not everyone is a savy computer expert. :)

EDIT, I have now downloaded the EZportalpack to my computer, run it through the parser.

Found the changes needed to be done in the "./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php" removed the stuff, still get the "test failed" when trying to uninstall.

I also get test failed in "./Sources/ManagePermissions.php"

Try to find the lines the parser suggests, don't even have those lines in there so I cant remove them :-), problem still there.

vbgamer45

If they are not their you can proceed with the uninstall then just install the new version
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

crobbe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 11, 2016, 12:51:42 PM
If they are not their you can proceed with the uninstall then just install the new version

Ok, here goes, wish me luck :)

T3CHN0

I found the same thing. I then looked for parts of the lines I was looking for and found them.
Other mods alter the php's and the exact say 3 lines may not all be together anymore.

crobbe

Uninstall went well.

New install worked like a charm.

Same problem with Ipad showing eZblocks on the mobile themeview even though the "Disable ezPortal for mobile devices based on user agent" is checked.

The blocks are gone in fullview though.

Can someone with an Ipad verify that please.

vbgamer45

I forgot I don't consider an iPad to be a mobile device since they have big screens.

You would have to edit the code and find areas like
array('iPhone', 'iphone'),

And add a line for ipad

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

crobbe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 11, 2016, 01:11:45 PM
I forgot I don't consider an iPad to be a mobile device since they have big screens ??? :).

You would have to edit the code and find areas like
array('iPhone', 'iphone'),

And add a line for ipad

Maybe something for next version ;-) What's strange though is that the Ezblocks are there on the mobiletheme but not in fullview.

Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

vbgamer45

Sources/ezPortal2.php

Also your index.php file

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Fixed bug in SMF 2.0.x responsive mode was loading the ezportal.css too early before some checks
+Added option to SMF Arcade ezblock to show the number of top scores
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

SMFHacks.com Team

!Improved support for https sites. Moved google plus and facebook urls to use https://
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Tiribulus

Forgive my ignorance please and I did try several searches first. How is this update installed? ::)

vbgamer45

You can either uninstall the old version.
Or just install the new version on top of the old one.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tiribulus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 27, 2016, 07:57:53 PM
You can either uninstall the old version.
Or just install the new version on top of the old one.
Thank you sir. I assume no settings will be lost?

vbgamer45

That is correct.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

T3CHN0

Hi vbgamer, How things buddy. See you still hard at work with your mods.

I downloaded 3.1.1 and went to install but it said error's. I know it's just a matter of making small changes to php files no biggy.
I thought I will do it later however 3.1.2 was released before I did it.

Now with 3.1.2 I downloaded it and went to install and said no errors so I installed. All Good..
So, I assume it updated Ez php files but not install edit's to other php files.

I was using 3.1 before the update.

So my question is, should I bother to uninstall and reinstall or just leave it.?
Was there any big edit's I should consider.

vbgamer45

Yes it is just an update to the php file no edits to files have changed. You can just leave it and upgrade over.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: