News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff B

The code I posted works its just creating errors/

vbgamer45

It shouldn't work though if it is creating errors.
You can try

global $settings;
if (isset(i$settings['theme_id'] ))
if ($settings['theme_id'] == 10)
return;

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jeff B

That created a blank white page. No error though

Here is the error again we are getting. I flushed the errors this morning, and we have 7 pages of them already.

http://xxx.com/board/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=3312;type=avatar
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: theme_id
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/virtual/XX.com/htdocs/board/Sources/EzPortal2.php
Line: 1926

vbgamer45

try

global $settings;
if (isset($settings['theme_id'] ))
if ($settings['theme_id'] == 10)
return;
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

So far so good!   It works, and no errors in the first 5 minutes, and there is currently 546 on line.  :)

Thank you!   I would imagine if I'm going to get errors, I'd see them by now. I'll update you later tonight. 
Thanks again!

Jeff B

A day later and  no ezportal or smf4mobile errors!  Thank you

SMFHacks.com Team

Update!
!Fixes to the SMF Gallery Lite blocks for the category selection was not working correctly.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Jeff B

Is it possible to add the visible action of notify to the list? I tired under add action and it doesn't work there. To clarify, I do not want any blocks to display when using a notify function.

vbgamer45

Is it of the form action=notify
?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

I am using SMFpacks alert modification. When you choose to be notified of a topic, it takes you to a page where you can choose the notification.  The action is notify.  partial example: action=notify;sa=on;topic=32623.14025

None
Email and Alerts
Email
Alerts

vbgamer45

You can skip it with an edit in Sources/Ezportal2.php

// Actions that should not load EzPortal
if (isset($_REQUEST['action']))
{
if (in_array($_REQUEST['action'],array('.xml','dlattach','quotefast','findmember', 'helpadmin', 'printpage', 'spellcheck')))
return;

}

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

Excellent!  Thank you.

Jeff B

On a related note, how would you add the option to use blocks on action=recent ?

vbgamer45

It should be when adding the block under visibility option you have the option to add an action

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Having some doubts with the ezportal. Things aren't working as they should

1. I'm only using the left column and recent posts block. I don't have the hide option selected for mobile, but regardless it hides anyway. I don't know if that's by design or a bug but it's not working.
2. I have the articles mod installed and when I try to add the articles block anywhere in the placements for the blocks it blows up the entire layout. I don't even want to use the articles anymore but I can't turn it off and it won't uninstall either.
3. I have the paid classifieds mod and that kind of works. You can add a top or a bottom block horrizontal but that's it. If you click the view images link the layout blows up. All shifts to the left. And you cannot use the classifieds properly on mobile, it's not responsive at all.
4. I created an ezportal page and the URL is strange. Is the word ezportal supposed to be in the address? What will that do for search engine purposes, will the meta tags data work for the page?
http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1

vbgamer45

1. Make sure under ezportal settings that this setting is not checked "Disable ezPortal for mobile devices based on user agent"

2,3. I have not tested the blocks to see if they are responsive probably have to have someone look at that. As I am not good at responsive css.

4. Yes that is the default url. The urls are not SEO friendly at the the moment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 15, 2018, 08:02:12 PM
1. Make sure under ezportal settings that this setting is not checked "Disable ezPortal for mobile devices based on user agent"

2,3. I have not tested the blocks to see if they are responsive probably have to have someone look at that. As I am not good at responsive css.

4. Yes that is the default url. The urls are not SEO friendly at the the moment.

I sent you a message...

vbgamer45

Will work on it shortly very busy.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

New update! ezPortal 4.0

+New setting for pages. Added option for SEO page urls as long as your host supports mod_rewrite
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

SMFHacks.com Team

Minor update and bug fixes

!Fixed visibility clearing cache issue. Which caused visibility option changes to take time to appear
!Removed old file cache functions which are not used.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

Advertisement: